Microsoft sucks and so does their Xbox

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jcrame10 (302 posts) -

It's bad enough they had to pay a huge sum of money to get exclusive deals with Insomniac and Sunset Overdrive., who has always been a PS developer and was groomed by Sony since the dawn of the original Playstation and Disruptor/Spyro The Dragon series.

Now, they're signing exclusive deals with large third party titles for a multiplat series (which, of course started and was successful on PS1 and made the Tomb Raider/Core Design/Square Enix names what they are today....well...minus Core..)

Hey Microsoft!!! How about you do the honest thing (like your competition does) and create your own companies, partnerships and IPs without pissing off fans of existing ones. Maybe if you weren't lazy you could find some real talent who could think of brand new, creative IPs that might make me actually respect your brand and company.

Seriously, Xbox only ever exists for two reasons: first person shooters and online gaming. You'll never have the diversity that Nintendo and Sony have and it's a damn shame.

Also, a little off topic..but why would Microsoft flat out BUY Gears and Halo instead of working out a contract for Bungie and Epic? Xbone would be serious trouble for PS4 had this happened and Destiny was exclusively made for Xbone. Halo and Gears will eventually die off or at least go to crap like most franchises overtime. It's like if Sony had purchased Crash Bandicoot instead of actually going into contract with Naughty Dog. Where would they be now? Sitting with a 1990's platformer. They're successful because they partnered with the company, not the franchises.

#2 Edited by Boonimal23 (3 posts) -

@jcrame10: haha chill, brodolf. I seriously do not understand people like you. I understand if you like a different console, that's fine, but associating the health, quality, and popularity of a product with your own self-esteem is just silly. You do not need to project the successes or failures of a product on to your own self-esteem. It's unhealthy. I understand you want affirmation you spent your hard earned money well, but taking personal offense when someone or something attacks or lowers the perceived value of the product you like is just silly. A knock on a product you like is not a slight against you at all. Separate yourself from the product.

#3 Edited by jcrame10 (302 posts) -

@Boonimal23: you're trolling and avoiding all my points just proves I'm right. Good day sir.

#4 Edited by Xiaor (1386 posts) -

@jcrame10: I'm sorry, but leave the strategy and business deals to the respective companies. They don't come here to read your posts. This thread is pointless, so do us all a favor and delete it. Thanks.

#5 Posted by Boonimal23 (3 posts) -

@jcrame10: No, what you are doing is trolling. Probably the most literal instance of trolling I've seen: going onto a forum that is based around the product that competes with the product you support and ranting and trying to berate. I'm not avoiding anything. I just addressed the main, underlying issue here: you connect your self confidence and esteem with the successes or failures of a product, which is why you posted here in the first place. Nothing I said proves any of your points. You talked about games; I talked about your bad, projected self esteem. It is funny how you believe you're right, though. Seems like rationalization to me. But, I'll let you continue screaming at a wall. Ciao!

#6 Posted by jcrame10 (302 posts) -

@Boonimal23: LOL alright then. Looks like I'll just wait for the people who have taken college courses in PR and business marketing to comment, not the high schoolers who are on summer break right now.

#7 Posted by Boonimal23 (3 posts) -

I'm actually a masters student, MBA concentration in marketing. But my response to you has nothing to do with marketing or communications, it's psychology. Go have your juice box now, little fella.

#8 Posted by jcrame10 (302 posts) -

@Boonimal23: you should probably quit replying on my thread if you don't care about it, it would make more sense.

#9 Edited by SolidTy (43791 posts) -

CVG pushed for clarification on whether it was solely an Xbox One exclusive, or just timed like Titanfall was on the console before heading to PC and Xbox 360.

“We’re saying what we said on stage,” said Spencer. “In Holiday 2015, Rise of the Tomb Raider will be exclusive to Xbox. That’s the comment."

If you don't want to buy an Xbone for TR for 2015, you can buy Tomb Raider also on 360.

#10 Edited by TuuPumpChump (96 posts) -

@jcrame10: mmmm....let that butt hurt flow. Do us a favor, if you care that much to play those games. BUY A XONE. If not, deal with it. This is the most bitching I've seen for a game. You don't see threads bitching about Bloodborne, drive club, or The Order

And another thing...why the hell is this in this forum

#11 Posted by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

Didn't Sony buy No Man's Sky. Please shut up .

#12 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (6222 posts) -

@Boonimal23 said:

I'm actually a masters student, MBA concentration in marketing. But my response to you has nothing to do with marketing or communications, it's psychology. Go have your juice box now, little fella.

Lol...

#13 Posted by oflow (897 posts) -

@jcrame10: He Mad.

#14 Edited by Ovirew (6396 posts) -

I would point out that Sony does essentially the same thing as Microsoft. Most of their second-party companies that develop Sony-exclusive games are really just third-party companies that Sony works out exclusivity deals with.

The OP does bring up a good point about Microsoft doing a lot of 'buying out' and wheeling and dealing to maintain exclusivity... And that may be a good point, however, that is something just about any major company does. Look at any major TV network with exclusive rights to air new episodes of any hit TV show. Same deal. The same show-runner can also have hit shows on competing networks. They could decide to give the middle finger to networks altogether and take their show to Netflix, or HBO. It's all just a money game, really.

Don't act like Microsoft is the only company that does it. Sony certainly isn't above saying one thing and doing another.

#15 Edited by tmorri603 (384 posts) -

@jcrame10 said:

It's bad enough they had to pay a huge sum of money to get exclusive deals with Insomniac and Sunset Overdrive., who has always been a PS developer and was groomed by Sony since the dawn of the original Playstation and Disruptor/Spyro The Dragon series.

Now, they're signing exclusive deals with large third party titles for a multiplat series (which, of course started and was successful on PS1 and made the Tomb Raider/Core Design/Square Enix names what they are today....well...minus Core..)

Hey Microsoft!!! How about you do the honest thing (like your competition does) and create your own companies, partnerships and IPs without pissing off fans of existing ones. Maybe if you weren't lazy you could find some real talent who could think of brand new, creative IPs that might make me actually respect your brand and company.

Seriously, Xbox only ever exists for two reasons: first person shooters and online gaming. You'll never have the diversity that Nintendo and Sony have and it's a damn shame.

Also, a little off topic..but why would Microsoft flat out BUY Gears and Halo instead of working out a contract for Bungie and Epic? Xbone would be serious trouble for PS4 had this happened and Destiny was exclusively made for Xbone. Halo and Gears will eventually die off or at least go to crap like most franchises overtime. It's like if Sony had purchased Crash Bandicoot instead of actually going into contract with Naughty Dog. Where would they be now? Sitting with a 1990's platformer. They're successful because they partnered with the company, not the franchises.

Let me go through your post paragraph at a time. If you had seen or done any research you would know that MS did not pay Insomniac any money to make Sunset Overdrive exclusive. Insomniac is not owned by Sony and in a standard publisher and developer contract with Sony; they own the rights to the IP. Insomniac was tired of losing all rights to the games they make to Sony and Sony would not budge from this. This is when they turned to MS. MS is publishing the game but Insomniac has 100% control over the game.

Second and third paragraph. Yes, MS did pay to have to have the next Tomb Raider exclusive but this is not dishonest. Sony did the same with Grand Thief Auto. When the game was in development for the PS2, Sony immediately made a contract to make the game exclusive to their systems. This contract ran for years until about a year after San Andreas was out. Then the port the 3 games to the Xbox. I could tell some other stories that Sony has done that are not illegal but not honest in the least. Also, Sony brought most of the companies that they own now. The developer makes a hit game and they buy them.

Fourth paragraph. MS has one first person shooter that they own and that is Halo. Sony has 2 that is Resistance and Kill Zone. All other FPS comes from 3rd party developers and most of them have been on a PS as well so that shoots that out of the water. I will agree that MS is for great online gaming. Sony is trying so hard to get the level of live it makes me laugh. You talking about Nintendo and diversity shows how much hate you have for MS. Nintendo is has the least divers system out of the 3 companies.

The reason that MS bought Gears is Epic did not want to make any more games in the series and sold the rights to MS. MS owns the Halo franchise. This happened when the brought Bungie in 2000. Bungie, also, did not want to make Halo games and wanted to be independent again. MS was kind enough to give them their wish. All IP's will die out sooner or later. That is the way of the world: nothing last forever.

The fact that you came on a Xbox forum with a lot of hate and no facts is the biggest dame same of all.

#16 Posted by jcrame10 (302 posts) -

@tmorri603: lol yeah right. Nintendo is more diverse with their franchises than sony and Microsoft. Just because they've failed recently doesn't mean their franchises are irrelevant. Try and tell me Mario is anything like Metroid or that Zelda is anything like Fire Emblem. Even the games within the Zelda franchise are pretty diverse from each other.

Pretty sure GTA was developed and appeared first on PS1. And only existed on Xbox until way later, so your argument is invalid. You're comparing a franchise that started on ONE console for years before going "exclusive with rights" to eventually multiplat, to a series like TR that has been multiplat since Tomb Raider Legends two generations ago (as well as the PC versions of the original 5 games)

If you wanna believe that MS didn't pay a ton for Sunset or Rise of the Tomb Raider, then alright. At least Sony was around when developers like Naughty Dog, Insomniac and Sucker Punch were first coming up. None of them would be where they are today without the success of Playstation and support from Sony.

Most PS exclusives are not third party games but are in fact made by Sony owned companies and partnerships. guerrilla, Santa Monica ect

#17 Posted by tmorri603 (384 posts) -

@jcrame10: I see you are still not doing any research. GTA was released on the PS1 and PC at the same time with a Game Boy release later all versions in 1997. The first Xbox came out in 11/2001; this is 4 years later. The only reason that GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas did not come out on the Xbox at the same time as the PS2 version is because of the exclusive deal that had in place that was signed in 2001. It is the same thing you are getting on MS about so it is valid. Tomb Raider was not always multiplat. After, the first Tomb Raider, Sony decided that they did not want the Saturn to have the series anymore so here comes an exclusive deal that kept it on the PS. It is kind of ironic that they same thing they did to Sega all those years ago is being done to them. Karma is a you know what.

You don't have to believe me about Sunset Overdrive. I have read the fact and know the story behind the game. Read these facts: Naughty Dog founded in 1984 bought by Sony in 2001. They started long before Sony entered the market: Sucker Punch founded in 1997 in the roots of MS then went independent. There first game was on the N64 in 1999: Insomniac founded in 1994. This developer is the only one that stayed independent and was with Sony from the start. I will give you that Sony helped them succeed.

Where did I say that the exclusives on the were 3rd party? Here it is as basic as I can make it. A developer that makes games for one company but is not owned by them is commonly called a 2nd party developers. They make games for one company but are still independent. They could make games for other platforms but choose not to do that. What Sony has done with a lot of them is buy the company when they see that it is worth the money to invest in doing it. This is how Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog and other came to be Sony owned. MS and Sony both do this because they don't come from a gaming background where they have internal game development like Nintendo has.

Please do us both a favor and do some research. This post is better than the first but I was still able to shoot holes in it.

#18 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8167 posts) -

Amazing thread that will get locked very shortly.

#19 Posted by jcrame10 (302 posts) -

@tmorri603 You talk about GTA and Sony negatively with their exclusive deal and now bad karma, but then you talk about basically the same thing when you defend Tomb Raider once being only on one platform....Yes Sony had some sort of exclusive agreement with the original 2-5 games but they were also on PC, the last 2 were on Dreamcast, and I'm pretty sure there were some other TR PC games...Gold and Unfinished Business? I've never played them so have no idea what they are. So no, "here comes an exclusive that locked TR on PS" is a false statement.

Yes, I am aware that Insomniac was always independent. Still, there should be some sense of respect and loyalty. Since you like to report every little minor detail, the ones I didn't find relevant to mention, surely you know about ND and Insomniac's relationship on the Universal back lot for years, where they exchanged codes and the employees were friendly? And whether you want to talk about Rocket: Robot on Wheels on N64 with Sucker Punch, or Rings of Power with Naughty Dog, none of those games were as successful until Sony groomed them and made the developers what they are today. They were very much small and independent and look where they are now. It's not like they were super successful beforehand, Sony basically took the leap of faith with them when helping to publish their games and buy out their companies.

#20 Posted by jcrame10 (302 posts) -

just in case anyone needs more proof that Microsoft sucks, there was a new article today announcing that Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive, but Microsoft wouldn't release the amount of time that it will be exclusively only to Xbox platforms, citing they "weren't in position to release these business" matters or some crap.

Basically, a really, really BAD PR spin that translates to "Well, we can't release that information..because then it gives the consumer a chance to decide between the pros and cons of waiting for the PS4 or PC versions".

Terrible.

Oh well, enjoy wasting your money on a timed exclusive. That money wouldn't have been better spend on developing a brand new game for Xbox One, right? Nah. Of course not. Delaying your competition from enjoying a game they eventually will get anyways won't boost your sales, only leave a bad taste with your name in their mouths.

#21 Posted by SolidTy (43791 posts) -

The 360/Xbone TR deal is a timed exclusive confirmed today:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-13-microsoft-confirms-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-exclusivity-deal-has-a-duration?

Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer: "Yes, the deal has a duration."

Spencer's comments confirm Square Enix, owner of Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics, is free to do whatever it wants with the game and the franchise after the exclusivity deal ends, including releasing it on other platforms.

What's disappointing to me is that new gen machines like the Xbone are still being held back by last gen game design and assets. This game is due Holiday 2015, and I figured by that time we would be free of last gen shackles.

#22 Posted by brimmul777 (1243 posts) -

@jcrame10 said:

PMS issues!!!!!Your acting like you woke up with a vagina instead of a penis,calm down son.

#23 Posted by adders99 (2610 posts) -

lol, cows going wild over this! microsoft really kicked the hornets nest on this one, and its fun to watch!

#24 Posted by KingsofQueens (2217 posts) -
@jcrame10 said:

LMAO at this Butthurt Desperate Cowturd.

Wrong forum, GTFO and go cry yourself to bed at the System Wars Forum.

#25 Posted by Jaysonguy (37685 posts) -

@jcrame10 said:

It's bad enough they had to pay a huge sum of money to get exclusive deals with Insomniac and Sunset Overdrive

You're hilarious but let's get one thing straight

Microsoft allowed Insomniac to make the game and still let them own it.

Sony wanted to own everything about the game.

So yeah, again, you're adorable and a feisty little imp but were wrong there at least.

#26 Posted by jcrame10 (302 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: not sure if i should be insulted or feel complimented with your creative word choices, either way its nice to see you taking a break from glooming and dooming on the Wii U.

#27 Posted by jcrame10 (302 posts) -

@SolidTy: Hell yeah! 100% agree. Next gen consoles are getting the shaft. I'm all for last gen development still, nothing wrong with that. Just stop the cross gen development.

#28 Posted by SolidTy (43791 posts) -

@jcrame10 said:

@SolidTy: Hell yeah! 100% agree. Next gen consoles are getting the shaft. I'm all for last gen development still, nothing wrong with that. Just stop the cross gen development.

Yep. Agreed. :)

#29 Posted by XboXeR-360 (52 posts) -

may be you are right

#30 Posted by sukraj (23051 posts) -

OP needs to chill out its not Microsoft fault they have have bags of money to throw at third party companies some of sony games are exclusive to Sony and vice versa so what is your problem.

#31 Posted by yokofox33 (29889 posts) -

How has this not been locked yet? This is obviously trolling, but at the very least should be in System Wars.

#32 Posted by freedom01 (702 posts) -

no need to start a war at this forum

thread locked