Microsoft responds to Black Xbox 360 rumors

This topic is locked from further discussion.

el-cid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 el-cid
Member since 2005 • 531 Posts
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/763/763427p1.html
ChickenHawk07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ChickenHawk07
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts
I don't understand why Microsoft can't do an HDMI straight from the AV cable? I mean, if you think about it, the entire base which plugs into the 360 has both Video AND Digital Sound, all you need is a optical cable to plug into the AV base. Why can't they combine the Optical and Video into one cable? Obviously the 360 has the capability to produce both signals from the same port.
Mooch174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mooch174
Member since 2004 • 556 Posts
I don't see why anyone with a 360 already would buy another one for HDMI. It won't look noticably different.
Black might be kind of cool, although I think I'd still prefer the white version.
ChickenHawk07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ChickenHawk07
I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY Doubt that Microsoft would come out with a Black Version..... as it would take away from Microsofts entire image, not to mention it wouldn't go with any of the accessories. I really think they'll just start making the new 360s with the cooler CPU and the option of buying it with the larger HDD.
DarkMagic27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DarkMagic27
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts
if they did they would be screwing the 10+ million that own one now....that would be ice cold >_>
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
I don't understand why Microsoft can't do an HDMI straight from the AV cable? I mean, if you think about it, the entire base which plugs into the 360 has both Video AND Digital Sound, all you need is a optical cable to plug into the AV base. Why can't they combine the Optical and Video into one cable? Obviously the 360 has the capability to produce both signals from the same port.ChickenHawk07
Because then it would't be called an AV Port. Stupid People this Days, 360s ANA Chip can't Reproduce Digital Signals, Audio is Analog, Video is Analog.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShadowDeathX
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/763/763427p1.htmlel-cid
DON"T YOU pay attention TO HISTORY, MOST CORPS say this right before they actually do it.
ChickenHawk07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChickenHawk07
I may be ignorant, but not stupid. There is a difference, kinda like your Analog v. Digital Durrrrrrr........
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ShadowDeathX
if they did they would be screwing the 10+ million that own one now....that would be ice cold >_>DarkMagic27
Don't Cry, this always happens, if it didn't tech will have never grown. PC get updated, Microwaves get updated, everything gets upgraded.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ShadowDeathX
I may be ignorant, but not stupid. There is a difference, kinda like your Analog v. Digital Durrrrrrr........ChickenHawk07
OK am Sorry, ANA chip can only reproduce analog signals, HANA chip can reproduce both digital and analog. This is why. Truth
Hinduce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hinduce
Member since 2004 • 602 Posts

[QUOTE="ChickenHawk07"]I don't understand why Microsoft can't do an HDMI straight from the AV cable? I mean, if you think about it, the entire base which plugs into the 360 has both Video AND Digital Sound, all you need is a optical cable to plug into the AV base. Why can't they combine the Optical and Video into one cable? Obviously the 360 has the capability to produce both signals from the same port.ShadowDeathX
Because then it would't be called an AV Port. Stupid People this Days, 360s ANA Chip can't Reproduce Digital Signals, Audio is Analog, Video is Analog.

But couldn't MS just make a HDMI cable without it being like the standard HDMI cable?  every signal cable that plus into the 360 (excluding the Ethernet, power brick and usb) has on one end the male plug that plugs into that back of the 360.  Could they just do that then at the other end a HDMI male plug like a normal HDMI plug?  I don't see what would be the big deal plus it would make the issue of buying a new 360 for just aht reason.  Is that possible?

Zeniun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Zeniun
Member since 2006 • 359 Posts
I don't see why anyone with a 360 already would buy another one for HDMI. It won't look noticably different.
Black might be kind of cool, although I think I'd still prefer the white version.
Mooch174

C'mon people why does it matter that much anyway. And besides if you really want it blk break out the paint, careful not to get any on the inside parts:P
ChickenHawk07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ChickenHawk07

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"][QUOTE="ChickenHawk07"]I don't understand why Microsoft can't do an HDMI straight from the AV cable? I mean, if you think about it, the entire base which plugs into the 360 has both Video AND Digital Sound, all you need is a optical cable to plug into the AV base. Why can't they combine the Optical and Video into one cable? Obviously the 360 has the capability to produce both signals from the same port.Hinduce

But couldn't MS just make a HDMI cable without it being like the standard HDMI cable?  every signal cable that plus into the 360 (excluding the Ethernet, power brick and usb) has on one end the male plug that plugs into that back of the 360.  Could they just do that then at the other end a HDMI male plug like a normal HDMI plug?  I don't see what would be the big deal plus it would make the issue of buying a new 360 for just aht reason.  Is that possible?

I gather from what ShadowDeathX has said that the 360 produces Analog signals and therefore, no matter what they do to the male end they could never reproduce the Digital signal that is HDMI.
ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts

if they did they would be screwing the 10+ million that own one now....that would be ice cold >_>DarkMagic27

Nintendo does it every few years.

Game boy

Game boy Pocket

Game boy Color

Game Boy Adance

Game Boy Advance SP

Gameboymicro

DS

DSLite

ive gone through every one since the original gameboy. though i must add, if you can find one cheap and havent played the games, get a GBM, its a sexy piece of work.

but yeah, there are also alot of Wii owners (like myself) who are wanting to become a Wii60 owner, so if microsoft's gonna put HDMI on the thing ill wait for that, because i actually own all the epquipment necessary for that.
its exciting

el-cid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 el-cid
Member since 2005 • 531 Posts
[QUOTE="Hinduce"]

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"][QUOTE="ChickenHawk07"]I don't understand why Microsoft can't do an HDMI straight from the AV cable? I mean, if you think about it, the entire base which plugs into the 360 has both Video AND Digital Sound, all you need is a optical cable to plug into the AV base. Why can't they combine the Optical and Video into one cable? Obviously the 360 has the capability to produce both signals from the same port.ChickenHawk07

I gather from what ShadowDeathX has said that the 360 produces Analog signals and therefore, no matter what they do to the male end they could never reproduce the Digital signal that is HDMI.

I agree