Microsoft and EA announce Madden 15 - XB1 Bundle

This topic is locked from further discussion.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

$399 for the kinectless version of the Xbox with a free copy of Madden 15

• Download code for Madden NFL 15 on Xbox One
  • Standard Xbox One console
  • Standard Xbox One wireless controller
  • Standard Xbox One chat headset
  • Special edition Madden NFL 15 packaging
  • Token for three Madden NFL Ultimate Team Pro Packs

http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/games-madden-nfl-15-xbox-one-bundle?cid=SOC_twitter&ocid=SOC_twitter

I personally am not a football fan .. but would this cause the hardcore Madden guys to buy a console?

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I would buy this if the Madden NFL 15 game was a disc version. Not a fan of Downloadable games. Since the Xbox one HDD is not upgradable This game would use a large chunk of the HDD. So I will just get a regular Xbox one console without the Kinect. I actually don't mind the occasional game of NFL Madden. I'm not a Football fan but I do at least watch the Superbowl.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@Megavideogamer said:

I would buy this if the Madden NFL 15 game was a disc version. Not a fan of Downloadable games. Since the Xbox one HDD is not upgradable This game would use a large chunk of the HDD. So I will just get a regular Xbox one console without the Kinect. I actually don't mind the occasional game of NFL Madden. I'm not a Football fan but I do at least watch the Superbowl.

The XB1 now has the ability to store games on external Harddrives that are USB 3

All of my games are on my 2 TB External HD

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Megavideogamer said:

Plus you can't trade it in or sell it when Madden 16 comes out.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@Megavideogamer said:

Most Console bundles have digital games.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SolidTy

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

@Megavideogamer said:

I already am aware of digital bundled games. This is even more true for Xbox bundles. Still, what you said doesn't change my point at all.

Knowing you can't sell or trade your digital game is still something to consider...especially for an annual, disposable titles like Madden.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@Megavideogamer said:

Yeah but really if you're in that situation where you trade in games you shouldn't be playing current gen games in the first place.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

@Megavideogamer said:

I already am aware of digital bundled games. This is even more true for Xbox bundles. Still, what you said doesn't change my point at all.

Knowing you can't sell or trade your digital game is still something to consider...especially for an annual, disposable titles like Madden.

The price you pay to save money.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

@Megavideogamer said:

You bring up a fair point. Some people are against digital content, some aren't. There are clearly cons and pros for each. I'm curious though, let's say you would not have an issue with dowloadable games(for argument's sake....kind of like how the poster before you said).... Or let's say this bundle had a disc version instead of digitial, would you consider this bundle any good, compared to other bundles out there?

While it does not interest me, I think it is a good move because that is somewhat of an untapped market when it comes to bundles, and considering the more social aspect of Xbox One and some of its unique features that could be used for Football viewing(snap apps, NFL app) it's good they have one bundle like that, targets a specific audience.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidTy

@Jaysonguy said:

@SolidTy said:

@Megavideogamer said:

Yeah but really if you're in that situation where you trade in games you shouldn't be playing current gen games in the first place.

Is that what you think on how they should live? That's nice to know. We should find a way to spread the word to those people on what they should and shouldn't be trading in because they keep doing it anyways year in and year out with modern Xbone, PS4, and Wii U games. I guess no one told them they shouldn't do that. It's a pretty broad assumption on your part to assume what their situation is, as I know personally some gamers in their 30s and 40s who are well off and trade in sports games all the time like Madden, FIFA, NHL, etc. Gamestop and other retailers keep allowing those people to do it, and I keep finding dozens of copies of used retail games on new gen systems on the shelf. Funny that.

I don't trade in games. I find it to be a rip off, but I'm also careful on what I buy as a long time game historian and collector. Still, other people keep trading games in and a disposable, short shelf life sports product like Madden gets traded in every year without fail. As a collector, I like the option to lend my games out though, as well as gift my games, collect them and retain a sellers value, etc.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SolidTy

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SolidTy said:

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

@Megavideogamer said:

You bring up a fair point. Some people are against digital content, some aren't. There are clearly cons and pros for each. I'm curious though, let's say you would not have an issue with dowloadable games(for argument's sake....kind of like how the poster before you said).... Or let's say this bundle had a disc version instead of digitial, would you consider this bundle any good, compared to other bundles out there?

While it does not interest me, I think it is a good move because that is somewhat of an untapped market when it comes to bundles, and considering the more social aspect of Xbox One and some of its unique features that could be used for Football viewing(snap apps, NFL app) it's good they have one bundle like that, targets a specific audience.

I'm not a racing or sports gamer, so I wouldn't consider this bundle good to me compared to other bundles out there.

However, I think it's a good bundle from a business perspective because the last statistic I read is that Sports gamers hold over 50% of the gaming market. This bundle could appeal to that demographic. Madden is a hot seller, so that's another big plus. The question is, will they stop buying Madden on their 360s and PS3s to buy a next gen machine for the same multiplat, cross generation Madden game with some graphic upgrades on Xbone? That's a good question and I suppose we'll see the sales soon enough.

Of course, it's possible this Madden multiplat isn't the title to make the next gen leap if as Madden is still a cross generational game. So, from a technological standpoint, I don't favor this bundle either and I would be more excited for an Xbone exclusive like Halo 5 bundle or GeoW Xbone bundle (which I know will be coming). Those kinds of titles is why I bought an Xbone and other next gen machines, to see what the machine can do. Cross generation PS360 games imo, hold the hardware back. This is another reason Destiny is far from exciting to me. I'm looking forward to games like Batman which will be PS4/Xbone.

This is of course, assuming it was a disc bundle. I think this is a good bundle, but not the greatest. It might be the best they can do at this time though. EA has Peter Moore, who has strong Xbox ties, and they've been very friendly to Xbox since Peter's promotion.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SolidTy said:

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

@Megavideogamer said:

I'm not a racing or sports gamer, so I wouldn't consider this bundle good to me compared to other bundles out there.

However, I think it's a good bundle from a business perspective because the last statistic I read is that Sports gamers hold over 50% of the gaming market. This bundle could appeal to that demographic. Madden is a hot seller, so that's another big plus. The question is, will they stop buying Madden on their 360s and PS3s to buy a next gen machine for the same multiplat, cross generation Madden game with some graphic upgrades on Xbone? That's a good question and I suppose we'll see the sales soon enough.

Of course, it's possible this Madden multiplat isn't the title to make the next gen leap if as Madden is still a cross generational game. So, from a technological standpoint, I don't favor this bundle either and I would be more excited for an Xbone exclusive like Halo 5 bundle or GeoW Xbone bundle (which I know will be coming). Those kinds of titles is why I bought an Xbone and other next gen machines, to see what the machine can do. Cross generation PS360 games imo, hold the hardware back. This is another reason Destiny is far from exciting to me. I'm looking forward to games like Batman which will be PS4/Xbone.

This is of course, assuming it was a disc bundle. I think this is a good bundle, but not the greatest. It might be the best they can do at this time though. EA has Peter Moore, who has strong Xbox ties, and they've been very friendly to Xbox since Peter's promotion.

Yeah I agree the bundle could use improvement. I think the console should have a unique NFL-themed design. IT looks like a regular black Xbox One. No big deal, I just like it when the actual console looks different with those bundles.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidTy

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SolidTy said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SolidTy said:

xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

Megavideogamer said:

Yeah I agree the bundle could use improvement. I think the console should have a unique NFL-themed design. IT looks like a regular black Xbox One. No big deal, I just like it when the actual console looks different with those bundles.

Aye. Nice unique themed machines are pretty sweet. I have Halo ones myself on older Xboxes.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Hmm, $399 with a game.... Hopefully this means $349 without a game in neat future, maybe announcement at Gamescom

Avatar image for minnesotanllama
MinnesotanLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 MinnesotanLlama
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@regnaston: i wanna buy that so badly