Metal Gear Solid 4 on Xbox 360 ?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LiLPLoNiAK (6 posts) -
what u think 'bout MGS 4 on xbox360?
#2 Posted by RKO510 (2021 posts) -
never going to happen.
#3 Posted by LiLPLoNiAK (6 posts) -
why? the Resident Evil is the first version on the xbox. Maybe the Metal Gear Solid 4 will be the 1st version on xbox too ?
#4 Posted by San-Frodenzo (14337 posts) -
are we having these thread again? *sigh*
#5 Posted by TormentedHero (661 posts) -
I do not see it happening and I could careless really.
#6 Posted by GamerTron0 (561 posts) -
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Metal Gear Solid 4 is never gonna come to the 360!! It is a PS3 exclusive just like halo 3 is a exclusive for the 360, no one is saying halo 3 for PS3 becuase having a game like MGS4 on the 360 is not how it works. MGS is sony's big series and it makes them money on there console like what halo does with the Xbox, it would make sense for sony to release a game that was made for there console to gain a lot of money.
#7 Posted by orb_03_2006 (8494 posts) -
I do not see it happening and I could careless really.TormentedHero
mmhmm. but I might rent it out of curiosity
#8 Posted by MrLions (9833 posts) -
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Metal Gear Solid 4 is never gonna come to the 360!! It is a PS3 exclusive just like halo 3 is a exclusive for the 360, no one is saying halo 3 for PS3 becuase having a game like MGS4 on the 360 is not how it works. MGS is sony's big series and it makes them money on there console like what halo does with the Xbox, it would make sense for sony to release a game that was made for there console to gain a lot of money.GamerTron0
Thats because Halo 3 sucked. :|
#9 Posted by coolbits3000 (18 posts) -
It wouldn't be a bad move porting it the 360.. Konami could make quite a bit extra cash. Unfortunately, the game would have to be on a few disks for 360. I think that there is a good chance of it porting to the 360 in fact.
#10 Posted by Stevie_Q (2011 posts) -

Do we really have to do this again?

Short answer: no! Long answer: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

#11 Posted by dogman753 (174 posts) -
what u think 'bout MGS 4 on xbox360?LiLPLoNiAK
It will never happen
#12 Posted by N9ne-xx (317 posts) -

It's not gonna happen bottom-line. 360 has enough exclusives and third party games, so no point having Metal Gear on Microsoft.

Plus, i'd like to see MGS stay on Sony, i didn't really like it when it went on gamecube. So, MGS is better off staying on PS3 then anything else, Konami makes a lot of cash either way.

#13 Posted by Foxtrot561 (494 posts) -
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Metal Gear Solid 4 is never gonna come to the 360!! It is a PS3 exclusive just like halo 3 is a exclusive for the 360, no one is saying halo 3 for PS3 becuase having a game like MGS4 on the 360 is not how it works. MGS is sony's big series and it makes them money on there console like what halo does with the Xbox, it would make sense for sony to release a game that was made for there console to gain a lot of money.GamerTron0
#14 Posted by Foxtrot561 (494 posts) -

Well actually, MGS4 on Xbox360 is possible if Konami wanted to. Halo 3 can't be ported over to PS3 because it was published by Microsoft. MGS4 on the other hand was published by Konami which makes it possible. Halo3 and MGS4 can't be comparable in this argument. IMO MGS4 will probably be ported in maybe 2010 or so.

#15 Posted by TheBadguyX2 (27 posts) -
No Metal Gear for xbox 360..I prefer to play a game, not have a 15 hours game with 13 of the hours wasted on cutscenes.
#16 Posted by MastaP110 (230 posts) -
This is the biggest game for the ps3 but is it not owned by sony. There have been so many games that have been exclusives that have jumped ship(GTA, FF, Bioshock) I think when they make MGS 4 substance or if they do that would be the highest chance for it to come over. Every game that is released for both consoles sells way better on 360. MGS has already done well on the PS3 it would really be stupid for konomi not to port it over from a money point of view.
#17 Posted by alfredooo (2664 posts) -

im sure they will eventually release it for 360, there is no point in not doing it. konami is not owned by sony and as far as today more people own an xbox than a playstation. so from a business stand point the it will make a lot of sense to eventually release a 360 version. they would sell millions of copies and make a bunch of money at a relatively low cost. they haven't made any announcements yet beacuse they don't wanna get the any playsatation fans angry, (they learned from what happened with all the final fantasy fanboys bashing square enix for going multi-platform) konami's strategy is to keep sony fanboys happy by having it as an exclusive and when people are no longer buying the game they will release the 360 version and sells millions more.

to anyone who thinks that kojima won't relase on 360 because its an american console, think again. kojima already released metal gear solid titles for the original xbox, and the next metal gear is coming to apple's iphone which happens to be american. kojima is a game developer he cares about making money first - its his job, that's what he does for a living. i don't think anyone in here would accept that it makes sense to turn down millions of dollars just to make some fanboys happy. so saying that kojima wont release it on 360 to keep fans happy or because he only wants to make games for japanese consoles is ridiculous.

think of the biggest japanese developers, capcom? multi-platform. bandai namco? multi-platform. square enix? multi-platform. konami is gotta be next...

#18 Posted by redskins2156 (2553 posts) -
It won't happen because MGS4 took up all 50gb's of the dual layer blu ray disc. In order to put it on the 360 it would probably require quite a few disc's.
#19 Posted by iam2green (13991 posts) -
are we having these thread again? *sigh*San-Frodenzo
yes lol :( it will not come to the 360, metal gear is on the ps3. it is Sony's exclusive.
#20 Posted by Star-Killer (1883 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerTron0"]NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Metal Gear Solid 4 is never gonna come to the 360!! It is a PS3 exclusive just like halo 3 is a exclusive for the 360, no one is saying halo 3 for PS3 becuase having a game like MGS4 on the 360 is not how it works. MGS is sony's big series and it makes them money on there console like what halo does with the Xbox, it would make sense for sony to release a game that was made for there console to gain a lot of money.Foxtrot561

Well actually, MGS4 on Xbox360 is possible if Konami wanted to. Halo 3 can't be ported over to PS3 because it was published by Microsoft. MGS4 on the other hand was published by Konami which makes it possible. Halo3 and MGS4 can't be comparable in this argument. IMO MGS4 will probably be ported in maybe 2010 or so.

Something that would be used in this argument could possibly be God of War its made by Sony so it will never see the Xbox 360, MGS4 on the otherhand has a slim but possible chance.
#21 Posted by ncderek (5513 posts) -
just beat it on ps3, best game ever :)
#22 Posted by Un4givingAsault (1053 posts) -
Honestly, I don't really care, never liked the old MGS, not a huge fan of the japanese way of story telling. But it would be nice to see sony loose their only show pony.
#23 Posted by craigalan23 (15879 posts) -
Stop with these threads. If it becomes official post it otherwise wont happen. If MGS4 is that important to you buy a ps3.. There's plenty of games besides MGS4 so don't give me that "Zomg $400 for one game ****."
#24 Posted by KorruptRaiden (878 posts) -
Yeah it will only literally take 4 dvd discs to run on the xbox, that doesnt include metal gear online. So 5 im assuming, 5 discs...........
#25 Posted by KorruptRaiden (878 posts) -
Honestly, I don't really care, never liked the old MGS, not a huge fan of the japanese way of story telling. But it would be nice to see sony loose their only show pony.Un4givingAsault
Then maybe you need to mentally mature and understand the effectiveness of the japanese stories.
#26 Posted by Leo-Magic (3025 posts) -
wow I almost forgot this topic :)...thanks for bring it up. I think everything is possible.
#27 Posted by DoomZaW (6471 posts) -
Omg. does those threads never stop???
#28 Posted by zacroxs (319 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerTron0"]NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Metal Gear Solid 4 is never gonna come to the 360!! It is a PS3 exclusive just like halo 3 is a exclusive for the 360, no one is saying halo 3 for PS3 becuase having a game like MGS4 on the 360 is not how it works. MGS is sony's big series and it makes them money on there console like what halo does with the Xbox, it would make sense for sony to release a game that was made for there console to gain a lot of money.MrLions
Thats because Halo 3 sucked. :|

flame on. stop being a **** fanboy. also MGS4 on 360...

and Gears and halo +mass effect also fable 2 are all going to ps3 yes that makes sense...

MGS4 neva on 360 it cant run it PERIOD (lol i said period) anyway it actually CANT run it the size is just too much and all this technical ****

#29 Posted by ISargin (140 posts) -
never happen. thats like asking for littlebigplanet or resistance on a 360.
#30 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25810 posts) -
I've never heard so much begging for another systems game before. No, it's not happening. There's a slim chance of it happening in a couple of years, but it's very unlikely.
#31 Posted by ShadowsRunner (742 posts) -
Man I really don't get why the hell are people still making threads like this. Of course it's not going to happen. Why can't people just accept this. I own a xbox360 and never have a PS3 before but I'm sure that those guys who made MGS4 would never let this happen...ever. People should really start to stop making these similar threads again and again since most people are awared that MGS4 on xbox360 is just a fantasy.
#32 Posted by SpinoRaptor24 (9997 posts) -

At this point, it's pretty obvious that MGS4 is not coming to the 360.

Stop asking already.

#33 Posted by FamiBox (5481 posts) -

just beat it on ps3, best game ever :)ncderek

I don't mean to be fanboyish or anything.. but just a question... How can it be the best "game" ever when there's hardly any game in it?

#34 Posted by R2K3W (67 posts) -
Even if it did, it would be like 10 disks, unless it was compressed. A LOT. And I take it some of you don't remember some MGS games came out on the original Xbox and Gamecube?
#35 Posted by Staryoshi87 (12740 posts) -
It's too big. Aussi, ce n'est pas possible, rube.
#36 Posted by CaPTiNNNNN (5 posts) -
Stuped question, just play splinter cell.
#37 Posted by Monkey935 (163 posts) -
No, no and no.
#38 Posted by Fiveleaves (20 posts) -

This topic is tooooo old.......

Simply No

#39 Posted by R4BI3S (1332 posts) -

Let it go, people. Be thankful for what you already got.

#40 Posted by FlashCharge (2239 posts) -
If MGS4 did make the cross over on the 360 it would cast a giant shadow. Bioshock came a year later to the PS3 and did well. The series is over and it would make sense to capitalize in the market shares the 360 version would give them. It makes sense, but who knows what would happen, never say never.
#41 Posted by ncderek (5513 posts) -
it could never come on xbox, it requires blu ray because its got 15 hours worth of clipscenes on it, its well over 10 gigs im sure
#42 Posted by LiLPLoNiAK (6 posts) -
look. metal gear solid 2 is on the xbox, but the old version, not 360. maybe the 4th will come up on 360 ;)
#43 Posted by TX360 (4051 posts) -
Oh for god sake leave that game for the PS3 it took the whole 50GB of disc space and both systems need their exclusives.
#44 Posted by TX360 (4051 posts) -
@ncderek Exactly and im sure 360 owners would want a worthy version so i say it aint gonna happen.
#45 Posted by TX360 (4051 posts) -
One last thing you have to consider the Disc limitations with the 360 blu-ray takes upto 50GB but the DVD9 disc takes up to 8.54GB.
#46 Posted by vashkey (33754 posts) -
Why even ask? Do you see it on the x-box now? Has Konami said it's is gonna happen? I'll answer for you. No. Stop asking. MGS4 came out like eight months ago on the PS3. It's old news. It's not on the x-box. Get over it. It could happen, but what difference does it make unless it actually does happen. Just let the subject die unless it actually happens.
#47 Posted by vashkey (33754 posts) -
Oh for god sake leave that game for the PS3 it took the whole 50GB of disc space and both systems need their exclusives.TX360
The game's audio is uncompressed. Compress it and the game could probably fit on two DVDs. Regardless I still say let this subject die. The game isn't on the x-box and it's been eight month. Just let it go people.
#48 Posted by KorruptRaiden (878 posts) -

At this point, it's pretty obvious that MGS4 is not coming to the 360.

Stop asking already.

SpinoRaptor24
Its called speculation and that is one of the main purposes of forums....there is nothing wrong with speculating or discussing a topic, if you dont want to view it, you have an option not me.
#49 Posted by KorruptRaiden (878 posts) -
One last thing you have to consider the Disc limitations with the 360 blu-ray takes upto 50GB but the DVD9 disc takes up to 8.54GB.TX360
I had already stated this, some people are blind.
#50 Posted by GANGSTASAN (2249 posts) -
Not really.... Also, TC Metal Gear Solid has been on Xbox before. Look at MGS 2. Halo 3 will never come to PS3 because MIcrosoft owns the series. MGS 4 MAY come to 360, or not, depending on what Konami want to do.