Mass Effect 2 Wishlist

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for afterburner1313
afterburner1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 afterburner1313
Member since 2005 • 516 Posts

Mass effect brought a very well thought out sci-fi factor to the RPG, but some still thought it was in need of many upgrades what do you guys think? As a first time RPG player when i picked up mass effect i thought it was really amazing and addicting. So what am i missing out on in Mass Effect that other RPG's have?

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
As for planet exploring, a little more population and less mountain ranges, a better way to organize your items, more in-depth side quests with more diverse environments, a slightly longer single player, more character customization.
BunkaOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BunkaOne
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts
more character customization.Legendaryscmt
yes yes yes, I want to make my characters boobs and bum bigger! Just like all the silly controversy was saying :P I hope the enemies 'battle/fight' better. Something about how the attach can be done better. Not just crouching behind cover and shooting.
grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
I'd like to see less repetitive side missions and more diverse planet types.
killerkane246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 killerkane246
Member since 2005 • 809 Posts

Mass effect 2 wish list:

1: Multiplat

Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
More different planets, like with less gravity and other exploration features. More colonies on the planets, too, would be nice. Better done Mako sequences and what-not.
ligerz76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 ligerz76
Member since 2007 • 2022 Posts
The ability to land on any planet except for gas planets, of course.
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
more cities, i just wish there were more actualy cities to go to besides noveria and the citidel.
afterburner1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 afterburner1313

more cities, i just wish there were more actualy cities to go to besides noveria and the citidel.wreak

Dont forget Feros lol

ligerz76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ligerz76
more cities, i just wish there were more actualy cities to go to besides noveria and the citidel.wreak
This sounds like something the next Elder Scrolls game needs. I don't think Mass Effect is the type of game to have big cities besides the Citadel.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I'd like to see more cities like the Citadel, if you even call it a city. With more NPCs walking around. Knock off the side quests because they're repetitive and useless. Fix the inventory, the user interface, create more hotkeys, so it doesnt break down the battles. I'm not a fan of the pause, select your ability, and back to battle every other 10 seconds. It isnt fun. There should be a small list on the side of the screen that allows you to pick the skills without having to pause. It kills the whole moment. Do away with vehicles or greatly improve upon them. There's no either-or. Make the vehicles good or dont bring them back. The Mako was terrible. The mission campaign was short, it should be 5-10 hours longer. I was expecting a longer game for such an epic story. And definitely fix the squad command controls. And more customization to weapons, armor, grenades, etc. They could learn a thing or two from BioShock. Like when you attach an upgrade, you can literally see the upgrade add-on to the weapon so it will look different. All the weapons in the game looked the same except for the colors. It was rather bland. Lastly, frame rate issues, graphics load really slow. For example, you can literally see the screen loading textures on to the armor and clothing while you're talking to the NPC. It looks extremely bad on IW. That's just a no no. No more long elevator rides. I know it's for loading purposes, but it's pretty annoying. They need to improve many things on ME2. I hope they pull it off.
ligerz76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ligerz76
[QUOTE="wreak"]more cities, i just wish there were more actualy cities to go to besides noveria and the citidel.ligerz76
This sounds like something the next Elder Scrolls game needs. I don't think Mass Effect is the type of game to have big cities besides the Citadel.

Oh yea, and to be able to kill any NPC because some of them REALLY annoy me.
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
More different planets, like with less gravity and other exploration features. More colonies on the planets, too, would be nice. Better done Mako sequences and what-not.Zach68486
Agreed. It would have been cool if there was more variety in the planets. A jungle planet, desert planet, ice planet, swamp planet. Hmm, starting to sound like Star Wars? There were too many mountains. I couldn't help but think about those fools on Fox news when I was driving the Maco over yet another mountain. This sure is sexy huh?
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#14 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

[QUOTE="wreak"]more cities, i just wish there were more actualy cities to go to besides noveria and the citidel.ligerz76

They could at least make more areas that are as expansive as the Citadel was. It would have been awesome for the side missions to have a lot more detail to them then just a few mountains and junk. The side missions really got shafted in ME.

Love the sig man. I just saw Dead Alive for the first time about a month ago.

ligerz76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ligerz76

[QUOTE="ligerz76"][QUOTE="wreak"]more cities, i just wish there were more actualy cities to go to besides noveria and the citidel.Bgrngod

They could at least make more areas that are as expansive as the Citadel was. It would have been awesome for the side missions to have a lot more detail to them then just a few mountains and junk. The side missions really got shafted in ME.

You are the first person I know who actually knew what my sig was.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

Mass effect brought a very well thought out sci-fi factor to the RPG, but some still thought it was in need of many upgrades what do you guys think? As a first time RPG player when i picked up mass effect i thought it was really amazing and addicting. So what am i missing out on in Mass Effect that other RPG's have?

afterburner1313

Number one on my list will be fix the shooting and combat interface of the game, that was the by far my biggest complaint with the game by far. (outside of all the technical issues)

Halo773ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Halo773ER
Member since 2003 • 726 Posts
  • Better Frame Rate
  • Polish up textures a bit
  • More actual cities with more population and houses,apartments
  • Do away wiith vehicles
  • Inventory
  • and please no more elevators
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
More story related planets, the amount in Mass Effect was pathetic. Some more interesting and varied side-quests. And for BioWare to finally do some quality assurance on at least one of their games to catch all the bugs and glitches.
alamgir1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 alamgir1942
Member since 2005 • 700 Posts
Better love scenes where you can get anywhere between 1-100 hot chicks and do it anytime.
sallyboy233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 sallyboy233
Member since 2004 • 106 Posts

Big battles you can take part of.

More original story. Its almost a recycled KOTOR.

Darth Malak= Saren

SPECTER= Jedi

Reaper Power= Star Forge

Galactic Council= Jedi Council

Biotics= The Force

And your also chasing around saren just like you did with malak

i like kotor better

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

[QUOTE="ligerz76"][QUOTE="wreak"]more cities, i just wish there were more actualy cities to go to besides noveria and the citidel.ligerz76

When you see that movie.. it's kind of hard to forget. I'd recognize the baby in a heartbeat too.

tenorio_rotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 tenorio_rotc
Member since 2003 • 3447 Posts
Ah this is easy, better framerate and faster loading.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Darth Malak= Saren

SPECTER= Jedi

Reaper Power= Star Forge

Biotics= The Force

i like kotor better

sallyboy233

That's a dumb thing to say, and the only reason that was even brought up is Mass Effect and Knights are made by the same developer. It's good for people on message boards, because they can make the comparison without having to actually think. 90% of RPGs out there involve you chasing around a big bad guy and trying to defeat him through some means or another. And biotics equals the Force? Most RPGs have magic in them, so I don't see this as much of a stretch.

If you wanted to make a comparison between Mass Effect and Knights, try something like this: "The character interaction was very similar to Bioware's previous games, such as Knights of the Old Republic and Neverwinter Nights 2, where you build influence with them, which affects key plot events down the road." There, that works. That's a lot better than, "ME is liek kotor cause there made by the same ppl and both in space" drivel that infects game forums.

Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Apollo5000
Member since 2005 • 18782 Posts

- No elevators

- More colonies and places to visit beyond barren wastelands or mountain ranges.

- Less capable Mako

- Smoother framerate

- Insane plot twist

- More than one party member death

- Fewer party members

- Another insane plot twist that makes you lose control of your bowels its that shocking.

- More colonies again.

- Maybe Alien worlds like the Geth home world or for a more friendly approach the other aliens who weren't bad.

- The ability to land on Earth (wtf was with that anyway? We can land on the Moon but not Earth)

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

In my being argumentative up there, I forgot to actually answer the question of the thread. I'd like to see better sidequests. As I've said before, I wondered how many times I was going to kill the same space zombies/space pirates in the same mine/warehouse, and then listen to a voice-over from Lance Henriksen. I know it's tough for developers to put a lot of work into side quests, since a lot of people will never actually see that content, but come on; Bioware can do a little better.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

[QUOTE="ligerz76"][QUOTE="wreak"]more cities, i just wish there were more actualy cities to go to besides noveria and the citidel.ligerz76

I thought it was from the Braindead movie:|

Yosi188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Yosi188
Member since 2007 • 167 Posts

Being able to land on earth and actually see things that would still be there e.g. grand canyon and stuff and SHEESH U THINK IN THE FUTURE THEY WOULD HAVE FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE ELEVATORS GO QUICKER. THEY CAN TRAVEL THROUGH SPACE BUT CANT MAKE ELEVATORS GO FASTER EH!! and yes the better frame rate that always happned in battles. More relationships, not just the main quest relationships. Get a gf/bf. MULTIPLAYER! Side quests that u get something out of. Not just credits, e.g. rare weapons or armour/upgrades. Going on planets with low grav and jump around and stuff. being able to kill civilians ;). Play as Joker sometimes to pilot the Normandy to get to some planets that might have asteroids surrounding the place and have to dodge and sheezle badizzle. Better gamespot score :P

Ok thats enough out of me. :)

ZodiacVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ZodiacVII
Member since 2003 • 73 Posts

Big battles you can take part of.

Darth Malak= Saren

SPECTER= Jedi

Reaper Power= Star Forge

Biotics= The Force

i like kotor better

sallyboy233

I can't believe you even went there. Going to have some spoilers below, so...

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Sorry about that, anyway, to continue. The story is NOTHING like Knights of the Old Republic, and therefor can hardly be a recycled version of it. Different antagonists with different goals, much different prestory, and a way different culture within the game's universe.

As for Darth Malak and Saren, they have barely anything in common, aside from being the antagonist to the protagonist. Darth Malak's goal was to crush the Jedi and rule the galaxy as the true Dark Lord of the Sith. These goals were rash, destructive, and straight forward. Saren's goal was completely different; he knew he was a slave to the Reapers and accepted his fate. He wanted you and the galactic community to join with him, to serve the Reapers, to save lives (unknowingly to him that the Reapers would obviously consume everything once they arrived). After your refusal to cooperate, he still wanted to bring the Reapers into Citadel Space so they could unleash their "cleansing," although he now wanted you and everyone else to be within such a genocide. Saren's goal isn't rash or straight forward, it is filled with both thought and greys in morality.

Spectre's and Jedi are only similar in that they are an elite group, and nothing more. Jedi abandon all emotion and are guided by a very strict code of ethics; where Spectre's are almost driven by their emotion and have no laws whatsoever to limit them in their travels. Jedi's go through a strict training program in both ability and morality their entire lives to learn how to harness the Force; Spectre's receive no training whatsoever and may not even necessarily have any supernatural forces at their disposal.

Next, let's move on to the Reapers and your comparisson of them to the Star Forge. Number one, how can you even compare a sentient being, the Reapers, to a factory that produces war ships? This is laughable at best. The Reapers want to harvest civilization, and do so in cycle (although we are never meant to know exactly what this reason TRULY is, only speculate on it), where the Star Forge is a tool used by someone to create a weapon. Yes, very similar indeed.

Biotics and the Force are only comparable in that they are a supernatural force, yet even this is unfair to say, as biotic powers are not supernatural at all and are quite scientific in nature. One must train in the Force for a very long time before they can harness it, and this is indeed a rare to even be considered for Force training. Biotics are born, or contaminated, and are scientifically modified to harness the mass effect to alter the world around them. The Force is also in a sense a religeon, whether you are Dark or Light, where biotic powers have no moral affiliation whatsoever spiritually or in their useability.

Your comparison of the Jedi and Galactic Council's shouldn't even be brought up, as by definition in the sense of how both Council's are orchestrated (a group elected or appointed as an advisory or legislative body). I shouldn't need to say anymore, and if I do, you only prove my point even more.

Sorry, try again. Do not attack this storytelling marvel at it's core with false allegations.

Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts
Zodiac, that was a well-thought out and intelligent response to sallyboy's post and I couldn't have said it better myself. Props to you man. :)
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

Mass effect 2 wish list:

killerkane246

Um.. no.

TMontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TMontana1004
Member since 2007 • 4537 Posts

More large cities where you can buy more things and interact with more people. I would be very impressed if you could visit the Citadel Wards.

Altair1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 Altair1337
Member since 2007 • 387 Posts
[QUOTE="killerkane246"]

Mass effect 2 wish list:

xsubtownerx

Um.. no.

yeah i know, all we need is another stupid multiplatform game. if you want ME, get a 360

afterburner1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 afterburner1313
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="killerkane246"]

Mass effect 2 wish list:

Altair1337

Um.. no.

yeah i know, all we need is another stupid multiplatform game. if you want ME, get a 360

Amen

slipknot44144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 slipknot44144
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

- No elevators

- More colonies and places to visit beyond barren wastelands or mountain ranges.

- Less capable Mako

- Smoother framerate

- Insane plot twist

- More than one party member death

- Fewer party members

- Another insane plot twist that makes you lose control of your bowels its that shocking.

- More colonies again.

- Maybe Alien worlds like the Geth home world or for a more friendly approach the other aliens who weren't bad.

- The ability to land on Earth (wtf was with that anyway? We can land on the Moon but not Earth)

Apollo5000

the reason you cant land on the earth is b/c bioware doesn't know what the earth will look like that far in the future and you know how you couldn't get any gas or metal sample in our solar system. It is the same reason b/c bioware or scientist don't really know what is on the other eight planets and they don't wont to get it wrong.:)

snowblind54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 snowblind54
Member since 2005 • 161 Posts

If they added co-op or competitive mulitplayer, that would be awesome, make the game even longer.

They also NEED more autosaves. I know it may sound stupid but since I just got the game I didn't know it wouldn't autosave in the middle of a mission, causing me to jump back from the fight with Benezia on Noveria to halfway through the Mako sequence, partly because I thought I couldn't save because you can't save at certain times.

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#37 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

A little more diversity in the planets would have been nice.

Other than that imo Mass Effect did quite well at accomplishing its goals.

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bgrngod

Being able to land on earth and actually see things that would still be there e.g. grand canyon and stuff and SHEESH U THINK IN THE FUTURE THEY WOULD HAVE FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE ELEVATORS GO QUICKER. THEY CAN TRAVEL THROUGH SPACE BUT CANT MAKE ELEVATORS GO FASTER EH!! and yes the better frame rate that always happned in battles. More relationships, not just the main quest relationships. Get a gf/bf. MULTIPLAYER! Side quests that u get something out of. Not just credits, e.g. rare weapons or armour/upgrades. Going on planets with low grav and jump around and stuff. being able to kill civilians ;). Play as Joker sometimes to pilot the Normandy to get to some planets that might have asteroids surrounding the place and have to dodge and sheezle badizzle. Better gamespot score :P

Ok thats enough out of me. :)

Yosi188

The elevators where a disguised load screen. The game was loading in the next zone, so no they couldn't go quicker. It was either this, or show you a picture with a loading bar.

I prefer the slow elevator.

ZodiacVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ZodiacVII
Member since 2003 • 73 Posts

If they added co-op or competitive mulitplayer, that would be awesome, make the game even longer.

They also NEED more autosaves. I know it may sound stupid but since I just got the game I didn't know it wouldn't autosave in the middle of a mission, causing me to jump back from the fight with Benezia on Noveria to halfway through the Mako sequence, partly because I thought I couldn't save because you can't save at certain times.

snowblind54

A game like this is to massive on it's scale to allow for any type of multiplayer, and such a feature would only ruin the game. BioWare is one of the few companies out there that focus purely on the single player aspect of their titles, and this is for good reason. Also, the gameplay mechanics in Mass Effect just wouldn't work as a multiplayer title, which is pretty obvious.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#40 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Fix the graphic pop up issues, that is unnacceptable. More explorable planets with actual towns and cities. Longer main story and more sidequests. More squad command and better inventory.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10433 Posts

1. MUCH longer main quest storyline. (and be able to play on after completing the main quest).

2. Fly around and fight in space in the normandy.

3. More satisfiyingly brutal weapons and biotics and more accurate shooting mechanics

GearHead3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 GearHead3000
Member since 2006 • 3600 Posts
I want better Team AI, better vehcile controls, and a good menu system.
joeborg14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#43 joeborg14
Member since 2004 • 412 Posts

yeah, uh, you said you're a first time RPGer, right? well just a little hint:

Elder Scrolls > Mass Effect

not that I didn't like Mass Effect or anything; it was a great game with a great storyline.

but argue the topic after you've played Oblivion for 300 hours and not gotten bored.