Mass Effect 2 Wishlist

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by afterburner1313 (516 posts) -

Mass effect brought a very well thought out sci-fi factor to the RPG, but some still thought it was in need of many upgrades what do you guys think? As a first time RPG player when i picked up mass effect i thought it was really amazing and addicting. So what am i missing out on in Mass Effect that other RPG's have?

#2 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -
As for planet exploring, a little more population and less mountain ranges, a better way to organize your items, more in-depth side quests with more diverse environments, a slightly longer single player, more character customization.
#3 Posted by BunkaOne (533 posts) -
more character customization.Legendaryscmt
yes yes yes, I want to make my characters boobs and bum bigger! Just like all the silly controversy was saying :P I hope the enemies 'battle/fight' better. Something about how the attach can be done better. Not just crouching behind cover and shooting.
#4 Posted by grunt1096 (120769 posts) -
I'd like to see less repetitive side missions and more diverse planet types.
#5 Posted by killerkane246 (809 posts) -

Mass effect 2 wish list:

1: Multiplat

#6 Posted by Zach68486 (884 posts) -
More different planets, like with less gravity and other exploration features. More colonies on the planets, too, would be nice. Better done Mako sequences and what-not.
#7 Posted by ligerz76 (2022 posts) -
The ability to land on any planet except for gas planets, of course.
#8 Posted by wreak (4645 posts) -
more cities, i just wish there were more actualy cities to go to besides noveria and the citidel.
#9 Posted by afterburner1313 (516 posts) -

more cities, i just wish there were more actualy cities to go to besides noveria and the citidel.wreak

Dont forget Feros lol

#10 Posted by ligerz76 (2022 posts) -
more cities, i just wish there were more actualy cities to go to besides noveria and the citidel.wreak
This sounds like something the next Elder Scrolls game needs. I don't think Mass Effect is the type of game to have big cities besides the Citadel.
#11 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
I'd like to see more cities like the Citadel, if you even call it a city. With more NPCs walking around. Knock off the side quests because they're repetitive and useless. Fix the inventory, the user interface, create more hotkeys, so it doesnt break down the battles. I'm not a fan of the pause, select your ability, and back to battle every other 10 seconds. It isnt fun. There should be a small list on the side of the screen that allows you to pick the skills without having to pause. It kills the whole moment. Do away with vehicles or greatly improve upon them. There's no either-or. Make the vehicles good or dont bring them back. The Mako was terrible. The mission campaign was short, it should be 5-10 hours longer. I was expecting a longer game for such an epic story. And definitely fix the squad command controls. And more customization to weapons, armor, grenades, etc. They could learn a thing or two from BioShock. Like when you attach an upgrade, you can literally see the upgrade add-on to the weapon so it will look different. All the weapons in the game looked the same except for the colors. It was rather bland. Lastly, frame rate issues, graphics load really slow. For example, you can literally see the screen loading textures on to the armor and clothing while you're talking to the NPC. It looks extremely bad on IW. That's just a no no. No more long elevator rides. I know it's for loading purposes, but it's pretty annoying. They need to improve many things on ME2. I hope they pull it off.
#12 Posted by ligerz76 (2022 posts) -
[QUOTE="wreak"]more cities, i just wish there were more actualy cities to go to besides noveria and the citidel.ligerz76
This sounds like something the next Elder Scrolls game needs. I don't think Mass Effect is the type of game to have big cities besides the Citadel.

Oh yea, and to be able to kill any NPC because some of them REALLY annoy me.
#13 Posted by msjr78 (4004 posts) -
More different planets, like with less gravity and other exploration features. More colonies on the planets, too, would be nice. Better done Mako sequences and what-not.Zach68486
Agreed. It would have been cool if there was more variety in the planets. A jungle planet, desert planet, ice planet, swamp planet. Hmm, starting to sound like Star Wars? There were too many mountains. I couldn't help but think about those fools on Fox news when I was driving the Maco over yet another mountain. This sure is sexy huh?
#14 Posted by Bgrngod (5732 posts) -

[QUOTE="wreak"]more cities, i just wish there were more actualy cities to go to besides noveria and the citidel.ligerz76

They could at least make more areas that are as expansive as the Citadel was. It would have been awesome for the side missions to have a lot more detail to them then just a few mountains and junk. The side missions really got shafted in ME.

Love the sig man. I just saw Dead Alive for the first time about a month ago.

#15 Posted by ligerz76 (2022 posts) -

[QUOTE="ligerz76"][QUOTE="wreak"]more cities, i just wish there were more actualy cities to go to besides noveria and the citidel.Bgrngod

They could at least make more areas that are as expansive as the Citadel was. It would have been awesome for the side missions to have a lot more detail to them then just a few mountains and junk. The side missions really got shafted in ME.

You are the first person I know who actually knew what my sig was.
#16 Posted by wizdom (10065 posts) -

Mass effect brought a very well thought out sci-fi factor to the RPG, but some still thought it was in need of many upgrades what do you guys think? As a first time RPG player when i picked up mass effect i thought it was really amazing and addicting. So what am i missing out on in Mass Effect that other RPG's have?

afterburner1313

Number one on my list will be fix the shooting and combat interface of the game, that was the by far my biggest complaint with the game by far. (outside of all the technical issues)

#17 Posted by Halo773ER (726 posts) -
  • Better Frame Rate
  • Polish up textures a bit
  • More actual cities with more population and houses,apartments
  • Do away wiith vehicles
  • Inventory
  • and please no more elevators
#18 Posted by Ket87 (3840 posts) -
More story related planets, the amount in Mass Effect was pathetic. Some more interesting and varied side-quests. And for BioWare to finally do some quality assurance on at least one of their games to catch all the bugs and glitches.
#19 Posted by alamgir1942 (700 posts) -
Better love scenes where you can get anywhere between 1-100 hot chicks and do it anytime.
#20 Posted by sallyboy233 (106 posts) -

Big battles you can take part of.

More original story. Its almost a recycled KOTOR.

Darth Malak= Saren

SPECTER= Jedi

Reaper Power= Star Forge

Galactic Council= Jedi Council

Biotics= The Force

And your also chasing around saren just like you did with malak

i like kotor better

#21 Posted by Bgrngod (5732 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

[QUOTE="ligerz76"][QUOTE="wreak"]more cities, i just wish there were more actualy cities to go to besides noveria and the citidel.ligerz76

When you see that movie.. it's kind of hard to forget. I'd recognize the baby in a heartbeat too.

#22 Posted by tenorio_rotc (3447 posts) -
Ah this is easy, better framerate and faster loading.
#23 Posted by Palantas (15321 posts) -

Darth Malak= Saren

SPECTER= Jedi

Reaper Power= Star Forge

Biotics= The Force

i like kotor better

sallyboy233

That's a dumb thing to say, and the only reason that was even brought up is Mass Effect and Knights are made by the same developer. It's good for people on message boards, because they can make the comparison without having to actually think. 90% of RPGs out there involve you chasing around a big bad guy and trying to defeat him through some means or another. And biotics equals the Force? Most RPGs have magic in them, so I don't see this as much of a stretch.

If you wanted to make a comparison between Mass Effect and Knights, try something like this: "The character interaction was very similar to Bioware's previous games, such as Knights of the Old Republic and Neverwinter Nights 2, where you build influence with them, which affects key plot events down the road." There, that works. That's a lot better than, "ME is liek kotor cause there made by the same ppl and both in space" drivel that infects game forums.

#24 Posted by Apollo5000 (18782 posts) -

- No elevators

- More colonies and places to visit beyond barren wastelands or mountain ranges.

- Less capable Mako

- Smoother framerate

- Insane plot twist

- More than one party member death

- Fewer party members

- Another insane plot twist that makes you lose control of your bowels its that shocking.

- More colonies again.

- Maybe Alien worlds like the Geth home world or for a more friendly approach the other aliens who weren't bad.

- The ability to land on Earth (wtf was with that anyway? We can land on the Moon but not Earth)

#25 Posted by Palantas (15321 posts) -

In my being argumentative up there, I forgot to actually answer the question of the thread. I'd like to see better sidequests. As I've said before, I wondered how many times I was going to kill the same space zombies/space pirates in the same mine/warehouse, and then listen to a voice-over from Lance Henriksen. I know it's tough for developers to put a lot of work into side quests, since a lot of people will never actually see that content, but come on; Bioware can do a little better.

#26 Posted by killerfist (19807 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

[QUOTE="ligerz76"][QUOTE="wreak"]more cities, i just wish there were more actualy cities to go to besides noveria and the citidel.ligerz76

I thought it was from the Braindead movie:|

#27 Posted by Yosi188 (167 posts) -

Being able to land on earth and actually see things that would still be there e.g. grand canyon and stuff and SHEESH U THINK IN THE FUTURE THEY WOULD HAVE FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE ELEVATORS GO QUICKER. THEY CAN TRAVEL THROUGH SPACE BUT CANT MAKE ELEVATORS GO FASTER EH!! and yes the better frame rate that always happned in battles. More relationships, not just the main quest relationships. Get a gf/bf. MULTIPLAYER! Side quests that u get something out of. Not just credits, e.g. rare weapons or armour/upgrades. Going on planets with low grav and jump around and stuff. being able to kill civilians ;). Play as Joker sometimes to pilot the Normandy to get to some planets that might have asteroids surrounding the place and have to dodge and sheezle badizzle. Better gamespot score :P

Ok thats enough out of me. :)

#28 Posted by ZodiacVII (73 posts) -

Big battles you can take part of.

Darth Malak= Saren

SPECTER= Jedi

Reaper Power= Star Forge

Biotics= The Force

i like kotor better

sallyboy233

I can't believe you even went there. Going to have some spoilers below, so...

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Sorry about that, anyway, to continue. The story is NOTHING like Knights of the Old Republic, and therefor can hardly be a recycled version of it. Different antagonists with different goals, much different prestory, and a way different culture within the game's universe.

As for Darth Malak and Saren, they have barely anything in common, aside from being the antagonist to the protagonist. Darth Malak's goal was to crush the Jedi and rule the galaxy as the true Dark Lord of the Sith. These goals were rash, destructive, and straight forward. Saren's goal was completely different; he knew he was a slave to the Reapers and accepted his fate. He wanted you and the galactic community to join with him, to serve the Reapers, to save lives (unknowingly to him that the Reapers would obviously consume everything once they arrived). After your refusal to cooperate, he still wanted to bring the Reapers into Citadel Space so they could unleash their "cleansing," although he now wanted you and everyone else to be within such a genocide. Saren's goal isn't rash or straight forward, it is filled with both thought and greys in morality.

Spectre's and Jedi are only similar in that they are an elite group, and nothing more. Jedi abandon all emotion and are guided by a very strict code of ethics; where Spectre's are almost driven by their emotion and have no laws whatsoever to limit them in their travels. Jedi's go through a strict training program in both ability and morality their entire lives to learn how to harness the Force; Spectre's receive no training whatsoever and may not even necessarily have any supernatural forces at their disposal.

Next, let's move on to the Reapers and your comparisson of them to the Star Forge. Number one, how can you even compare a sentient being, the Reapers, to a factory that produces war ships? This is laughable at best. The Reapers want to harvest civilization, and do so in cycle (although we are never meant to know exactly what this reason TRULY is, only speculate on it), where the Star Forge is a tool used by someone to create a weapon. Yes, very similar indeed.

Biotics and the Force are only comparable in that they are a supernatural force, yet even this is unfair to say, as biotic powers are not supernatural at all and are quite scientific in nature. One must train in the Force for a very long time before they can harness it, and this is indeed a rare to even be considered for Force training. Biotics are born, or contaminated, and are scientifically modified to harness the mass effect to alter the world around them. The Force is also in a sense a religeon, whether you are Dark or Light, where biotic powers have no moral affiliation whatsoever spiritually or in their useability.

Your comparison of the Jedi and Galactic Council's shouldn't even be brought up, as by definition in the sense of how both Council's are orchestrated (a group elected or appointed as an advisory or legislative body). I shouldn't need to say anymore, and if I do, you only prove my point even more.

Sorry, try again. Do not attack this storytelling marvel at it's core with false allegations.

#29 Posted by Lance_Kalzas (2135 posts) -
Zodiac, that was a well-thought out and intelligent response to sallyboy's post and I couldn't have said it better myself. Props to you man. :)
#31 Posted by xsubtownerx (10705 posts) -

Mass effect 2 wish list:

killerkane246

Um.. no.

#32 Posted by TMontana1004 (4537 posts) -

More large cities where you can buy more things and interact with more people. I would be very impressed if you could visit the Citadel Wards.

#33 Posted by Altair1337 (387 posts) -
[QUOTE="killerkane246"]

Mass effect 2 wish list:

xsubtownerx

Um.. no.

yeah i know, all we need is another stupid multiplatform game. if you want ME, get a 360

#34 Posted by afterburner1313 (516 posts) -
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="killerkane246"]

Mass effect 2 wish list:

Altair1337

Um.. no.

yeah i know, all we need is another stupid multiplatform game. if you want ME, get a 360

Amen

#35 Posted by slipknot44144 (30 posts) -

- No elevators

- More colonies and places to visit beyond barren wastelands or mountain ranges.

- Less capable Mako

- Smoother framerate

- Insane plot twist

- More than one party member death

- Fewer party members

- Another insane plot twist that makes you lose control of your bowels its that shocking.

- More colonies again.

- Maybe Alien worlds like the Geth home world or for a more friendly approach the other aliens who weren't bad.

- The ability to land on Earth (wtf was with that anyway? We can land on the Moon but not Earth)

Apollo5000

the reason you cant land on the earth is b/c bioware doesn't know what the earth will look like that far in the future and you know how you couldn't get any gas or metal sample in our solar system. It is the same reason b/c bioware or scientist don't really know what is on the other eight planets and they don't wont to get it wrong.:)

#36 Posted by snowblind54 (161 posts) -

If they added co-op or competitive mulitplayer, that would be awesome, make the game even longer.

They also NEED more autosaves. I know it may sound stupid but since I just got the game I didn't know it wouldn't autosave in the middle of a mission, causing me to jump back from the fight with Benezia on Noveria to halfway through the Mako sequence, partly because I thought I couldn't save because you can't save at certain times.

#37 Posted by msdd9 (2957 posts) -

A little more diversity in the planets would have been nice.

Other than that imo Mass Effect did quite well at accomplishing its goals.

#38 Posted by Bgrngod (5732 posts) -

Being able to land on earth and actually see things that would still be there e.g. grand canyon and stuff and SHEESH U THINK IN THE FUTURE THEY WOULD HAVE FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE ELEVATORS GO QUICKER. THEY CAN TRAVEL THROUGH SPACE BUT CANT MAKE ELEVATORS GO FASTER EH!! and yes the better frame rate that always happned in battles. More relationships, not just the main quest relationships. Get a gf/bf. MULTIPLAYER! Side quests that u get something out of. Not just credits, e.g. rare weapons or armour/upgrades. Going on planets with low grav and jump around and stuff. being able to kill civilians ;). Play as Joker sometimes to pilot the Normandy to get to some planets that might have asteroids surrounding the place and have to dodge and sheezle badizzle. Better gamespot score :P

Ok thats enough out of me. :)

Yosi188

The elevators where a disguised load screen. The game was loading in the next zone, so no they couldn't go quicker. It was either this, or show you a picture with a loading bar.

I prefer the slow elevator.

#39 Posted by ZodiacVII (73 posts) -

If they added co-op or competitive mulitplayer, that would be awesome, make the game even longer.

They also NEED more autosaves. I know it may sound stupid but since I just got the game I didn't know it wouldn't autosave in the middle of a mission, causing me to jump back from the fight with Benezia on Noveria to halfway through the Mako sequence, partly because I thought I couldn't save because you can't save at certain times.

snowblind54

A game like this is to massive on it's scale to allow for any type of multiplayer, and such a feature would only ruin the game. BioWare is one of the few companies out there that focus purely on the single player aspect of their titles, and this is for good reason. Also, the gameplay mechanics in Mass Effect just wouldn't work as a multiplayer title, which is pretty obvious.

#40 Posted by hillelslovak (9211 posts) -

Fix the graphic pop up issues, that is unnacceptable. More explorable planets with actual towns and cities. Longer main story and more sidequests. More squad command and better inventory.

#41 Posted by Macutchi (3966 posts) -

1. MUCH longer main quest storyline. (and be able to play on after completing the main quest).

2. Fly around and fight in space in the normandy.

3. More satisfiyingly brutal weapons and biotics and more accurate shooting mechanics

#42 Posted by GearHead3000 (3600 posts) -
I want better Team AI, better vehcile controls, and a good menu system.
#43 Posted by joeborg14 (412 posts) -

yeah, uh, you said you're a first time RPGer, right? well just a little hint:

Elder Scrolls > Mass Effect

not that I didn't like Mass Effect or anything; it was a great game with a great storyline.

but argue the topic after you've played Oblivion for 300 hours and not gotten bored.