Madden 15 - Ultimate Team suggestions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Hi all,

So basically I am pretty new to Madden games and NFL in general. My team that I got from the free starter pack is pretty poor (the players seem incapable of making interceptions and constantly get out run for receiving passes from the quarter back).

Do you have any suggestions for under rated cards and what positions are key to having a poor team become playable?

I am keen to learn so any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

QB

TE

HB

Once that's done go grab offensive linemen.

The thought is this, you want a QB that will be able to make all of the throws (mostly) on target. Since you don't have a good team you'll need a quality TE to get the ball to since your WR's will be blanketed. With a halfback that is above average you can take care of short yardage.

On defense

CB

FS

Once that's done go grab a pass rusher from the position you're most comfortable with, either the end or nose position.

On defense you're going to get thrown on a lot and you'll need quality corners. By adding a FS to your corners you now have the ability to do blitz packages with CB's and FS's while not taking your linebackers out of position in case they run it.

Also when you start getting cards don't grab 81's or 83's, you want to raise your team up and then start getting 85 and above. The reason why is that once your team is over 85 you're allowed two play styles, those play styles have specific challenges that will allow you to get more cards.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 garfield360uk

@Jaysonguy:

Any in particular players I should look for who are perhaps under rated? Also, when you say don't get 81-83 level cards, do I need to look for 85+ rated players from the off?

What does the TE do in the game (as in, is it a player I am throwing to when I choose to throw, or is it a Marshawn Lynch type of player who you pass it to from the off)?

I apologise for the new questions, but I am a rookie when it comes to NFL in general so do not know many players or positions as the terms are still new to me. Unfortunately it is not aired much in the UK (bar highlights at silly o'clock in the morning and the UK games, also the Superbowl is shown live) so I have very little to work with in terms of learning the game but I enjoy it so do want to learn more.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jaysonguy

@Garfield360UK said:

@Jaysonguy:

Any in particular players I should look for who are perhaps under rated? Also, when you say don't get 81-83 level cards, do I need to look for 85+ rated players from the off?

What does the TE do in the game (as in, is it a player I am throwing to when I choose to throw, or is it a Marshawn Lynch type of player who you pass it to from the off)?

I apologise for the new questions, but I am a rookie when it comes to NFL in general so do not know many players or positions as the terms are still new to me. Unfortunately it is not aired much in the UK (bar highlights at silly o'clock in the morning and the UK games, also the Superbowl is shown live) so I have very little to work with in terms of learning the game but I enjoy it so do want to learn more.

No sweat, I love talking football so it's not big deal for me to expand on things.

I would say that the cards you get are the bottom tier of a four tier plan. You'll want to get one set that improves on your initial set (70-80) then the next set (all over 85) and then the final set which will be highest you can find.

A TE lines up on the left or right of the formation (on either side of the offensive line) and either stays in as an extra blocker or goes out for a pass usually in a path that goes east or west.

I would suggest doing rookie training camps and getting cards from there, they'll also give you contracts (you need to spend contracts on players so they can play the next game)

Also there's a skills trainer that I would highly suggest doing because the better you are at the controls the more you'll be able to squeeze out of your lower ranked players.

A few things to look for. Find a RB with a good trucking stat, Stevan Ridley has an insane 97 in that, that will really help you break through the line. He's pretty cheap.

Get a TE with a good catch in traffic.

Dee Milliner is only 74 overall but he sells for less than 1000 coins, he's a quality CB.

Eric Weems is a great get under 800 coins for a kick returner

Chris Greenwood is around 500 coins and has great speed and jumping skills

Quinton Coples is around 2000 coins but will solidify your linebacking core

Ryan Mallett can be had for about 500 coins

Oh last thing, the players you get from packs? DO NOT sell any players that are parts of sets. You can check sets on the back of a card, some cards are part of a set that will get you better players, at the very least you can put them up for auction and sell them to someone trying to complete a set.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 garfield360uk

@Jaysonguy:

Is the training camp the training mode on Madden, or is it a specific mode in Ultimate Team?

Thank you for this as well, I appreciate the help a lot.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jaysonguy

@Garfield360UK said:

@Jaysonguy:

Is the training camp the training mode on Madden, or is it a specific mode in Ultimate Team?

Thank you for this as well, I appreciate the help a lot.

The skills trainer is in the regular Madden menu, training camps are in the solo part of Ultimate Team. They're set to rookie difficulty so you're pretty safe taking your new team in there and getting a win and the coins that come with it.