Looking for a fantacy/ Action RPG

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by scouttrooperbob (2439 posts) -

Looking for a fantacy/ action RPG.

Im looking at

Dragons Dogma

Kingdoms of Amular

Sacred two fallen angel

any other suggestions.

#2 Posted by Headpopper333 (924 posts) -

Im looking at

Dragons Dogma

Kingdoms of Amular

Sacred two fallen angel

any other suggestions.

scouttrooperbob

Stop wasting your time and just buy Dark Souls

#3 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Dark Souls, nothing else really comes close. The Witcher 2 then I suppose.

#4 Posted by scouttrooperbob (2439 posts) -

[QUOTE="scouttrooperbob"]

Im looking at

Dragons Dogma

Kingdoms of Amular

Sacred two fallen angel

any other suggestions.

Headpopper333

I gave demon souls a try about a year ago and it really pissed me off. I like a slight challenge, but nothing frustrating. I might give Dark souls a try some other day, but its not what im looking for now

#6 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2406 posts) -

Out of those I'd say Dragon's Dogma. I have not played Sacred, but I've played DD and KoA, and I though KoA was kind of boring. I put arond 40 hours into DD on my 1st play through (not doing many of the side quests) and it really is a very good game. There are some odd things with your AI team mates sometimes walkiing off cliffs, but as a whole it is a very good game, definitely worth a play through. Taking down big creatures is also very fun, and the world at night time surprisingly does become harder like they said it would. And unlike a lot of newer RPGs, you can mess up your quest, resulting in not being able to complete it.

#7 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6037 posts) -
I thought that Lord of the Rings: War in the North was an excellent ARPG, though sometimes it's a bummer when the only people online are also playing as your preferred character.
#8 Posted by scouttrooperbob (2439 posts) -

I just ordered Dragons dogma, im still considering picking up sacred 2

#9 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma is a really good game, I need to carry on playing that again sometimes.

It's quite challenging aswell.

#10 Posted by Lulekani (2151 posts) -

[QUOTE="Headpopper333"]

Im looking at

Dragons Dogma

Kingdoms of Amular

Sacred two fallen angel

any other suggestions.

scouttrooperbob

I gave demon souls a try about a year ago and it really pissed me off. I like a slight challenge, but nothing frustrating. I might give Dark souls a try some other day, but its not what im looking for now

i use to like RPG-Hybrids, but I never figured out why, whats the appeal of Action RPG's ?
#11 Posted by scouttrooperbob (2439 posts) -

[QUOTE="Headpopper333"]

Lulekani

i use to like RPG-Hybrids, but I never figured out why, whats the appeal of Action RPG's ?

Im not a big rpg guy to be honest. I dont like tuned based RPGs. I liked skrim but Im board of it, its too easy. I dont want a super challenge like Demon souls, I just want a fun, balnced RPG. DD looks good to me. Its not a huge hybrid though, its more of an RPG than anything else ive seen. Im not a huge fan of shooter/RPG's although fallout was enjoyable.

#12 Posted by Lulekani (2151 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lulekani"][QUOTE="scouttrooperbob"]

scouttrooperbob

Im not a big rpg guy to be honest. I dont like tuned based RPGs. I liked skrim but Im board of it, its too easy. I dont want a super challenge like Demon souls, I just want a fun, balnced RPG. DD looks good to me. Its not a huge hybrid though, its more of an RPG than anything else ive seen. Im not a huge fan of shooter/RPG's although fallout was enjoyable.

Why not abbandom action RPG's all together and try something without a level up system like DmC and Bayonetta, the pacing is excellent and multiple difficulties provide excellent learning curves.
#13 Posted by Samslayer (1651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Headpopper333"]

Lulekani

The combination of RPG-elements and fast-paced gameplay is what draws me to ARPGs. I really appreciate a game where I can individualize my characters to my playstyle, but still have an awesome game overall.