Launch XBOXONE getting left behind?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

I got my xbox shortly after launch, and I haven't had a chance to play it yet (I've been away from home for about 6 months now). So, I'm reading the news and it seems newer xbox are getting some sort of boost on its hardware and whatnot. Is this true?

I wanna know if my xbox is gonna play future games the same way this kinectless xbox and other versions are gonna play.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

all of them will supposably get a boost through a firmware update, basically they will use more of the power set aside for kinect for graphical output in games. you have nothing to worry about, everyone will be able to download this update when it comes out.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: Cool, thanks for clearing that up for me. I can't wait to play some games on the Xone lol Especially Titanfall haha

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

ya it's software related no new hardware.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Aye. It'd be a real big kick in the pants if they tried to pull that kind of shit on us.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Extra power will come in good use.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BattleSpectre

@sukraj said:

I wonder if it'll bridge the gap between the PS4, hopefully more games run at higher resolution for the Xbox One now. Fanboys will be mad ;)

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

As far as the resolution I'm not sure--I think that comes from the guys that Make the game having the knowledge and know how to make games that are 1080p. I mean, it's not like they don't have the ability--Forza and Ryse looked like they accomplished high resolutions. I just bought a PS4 (I've had a Xbox One Since Launch day) and I'll tell you. It's a reason PS4 gamers are making a big deal about the resolution of the games. If you have the Xbox One...you're where you need to be--trust that.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@kingjugganott said:

As far as the resolution I'm not sure--I think that comes from the guys that Make the game having the knowledge and know how to make games that are 1080p. I mean, it's not like they don't have the ability--Forza and Ryse looked like they accomplished high resolutions. I just bought a PS4 (I've had a Xbox One Since Launch day) and I'll tell you. It's a reason PS4 gamers are making a big deal about the resolution of the games. If you have the Xbox One...you're where you need to be--trust that.

Forza is a simple game, there's not much going on the screen so 1080/60 is doable.

On the other hand Ryse is only 960

As someone who's owned both of them since launch there is a big difference in visual fidelity between them right now

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts

My concern is what will happen to the Kinect once they do this? I actually really like the Kinect, I'm getting a lot of good use out of it, and I was hoping more games in the future would get some creative use out of it. But when they say they'll boost the console's power by taking it from Kinect, that makes me think they're going to just completely cripple the device and make it pointless to have.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@wwervin said:

My concern is what will happen to the Kinect once they do this? I actually really like the Kinect, I'm getting a lot of good use out of it, and I was hoping more games in the future would get some creative use out of it. But when they say they'll boost the console's power by taking it from Kinect, that makes me think they're going to just completely cripple the device and make it pointless to have.

They're going to take that power from Kinect where needed.

Games that don't have Kinect functionality don't need to have that power held back for the Kinect

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KingJuggaNott

@Jaysonguy said:

@kingjugganott said:

Forza is a simple game, there's not much going on the screen so 1080/60 is doable.

As someone who's owned both of them since launch there is a big difference in visual fidelity between them right now

I'll take your word as far as the Graphics go--I was just caught off guard of how bare bones the console as a whole is compared to the Xbox One to me. I just feel like NOW that I have both, I can see why most PS4 gamers make a big deal about Graphics...I feel like that's about the only thing that they have over the Xbox One.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BattleSpectre

@kingjugganott said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@kingjugganott said:

I'll take your word as far as the Graphics go--I was just caught off guard of how bare bones the console as a whole is compared to the Xbox One to me. I just feel like NOW that I have both, I can see why most PS4 gamers make a big deal about Graphics...I feel like that's about the only thing that they have over the Xbox One.

I also own the PS4, and whilst yes I prefer the Xbox One UI compared to it I wouldn't go as far as to say the PS4 is barebones. Care to elaborate? Because In fact Sony have really improved their UI if anything.

I'm no fanboy, I own everything but let's be honest here. I find my PS4 to be much more responsive and far quicker when installing games and doing updates in general, but at the end of the day they each have their pro's and cons. I just don't believe you when you say it's barebones.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@sukraj said:

I wonder if it'll bridge the gap between the PS4, hopefully more games run at higher resolution for the Xbox One now. Fanboys will be mad ;)

Yeah i hope we see more games running in 1080p 60fps.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KingJuggaNott

@BattleSpectre said:
@kingjugganott said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@kingjugganott said:

I also own the PS4, and whilst yes I prefer the Xbox One UI compared to it I wouldn't go as far as to say the PS4 is barebones. Care to elaborate? Because In fact Sony have really improved their UI if anything.

I'm no fanboy, I own everything but let's be honest here. I find my PS4 to be much more responsive and far quicker when installing games and doing updates in general, but at the end of the day they each have their pro's and cons. I just don't believe you when you say it's barebones.

When I say bare bones that's an opinion....for some guys, they are flat out "Gamers" and are only focused on "Games"....with me I'm into everything entertainment. SO I feel that the Playstation 4 is a bare bones console when it doesn't even have Youtube, the NFL app, or Skype. It's 2014 and PS4 gamers are still reaching for the remote to hit the input button to go from TV back to their PS4s. I like being able to watch my regular TV programming and still play games at the same time. I enjoy being able to watch my regular shows and still be in the gaming world...when I'm watching ESPN or a Movie I can still get an invite to play games, skype or whatever. I can still be in the gaming world and snap any app that I want. I can't believe that in 2014 the PS4 doesn't have voice commands. For some gamers that means "Nothing" but for ME--it means something. Something that I don't have to press any button to have it record gameplay, to snap tv, to go to skype, to go to any application or play any game that I have on my console. When it comes to that it's just laughable that you can customize a simple phone, but you can't customize the look, color, order of the PS4. I mean, it's just bare bones to me. I like that I can just sit in front of my tv and it signs me in etc. I was just blown away how bare the PS4 is.

...and when it comes to being a fanboy, I'm not one. I've had both 360 and PS3 last gen. Now I have a PS4 and a Xbox One, but I have a preference for sure. I like options, and I wouldn't knock a gamer if they are "just into gaming" that's their preference, but I consume a great deal of entertainment....and the PS4 fails at that "when compared" to the Xbox One. But I digress and say, eh--THIS is a gaming site....and what is more important to most "Gamers"? Games and everything games.