Kiss GTA 5 and 6 goodbye

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bigchips (636 posts) -

ive made this topic to complement jasonlc3221 topic after reading this article. it just mad me sick to hear that EA just wanted to get their grubby little hands on one of my favorite series. I love GTA and after seeing how many series EA has ruined (i.e. BLACK, and every damn sports game they published and developed) it just saddens me to think that two possible series could already be ruined before they even have be released

please share your thoughts

#2 Posted by magicalclick (23472 posts) -
If Take2 want to sell it, it is their fault, not the buyer.
#3 Posted by mikel222222 (1162 posts) -
Take two declined their offer, I don't think you have to worry yet.
#4 Posted by forgetwatyahear (6260 posts) -
someone lock this. We have already discussed the options and EA is not hurting anything. they are just simply going to publish the game,not kick down the door and say" you can't do this or this" everything will be fine/
#5 Posted by Scarface_tm431 (10063 posts) -
Kiss your account goodbye
#6 Posted by Bigchips (636 posts) -
im not angry at the deal im angry at EA wanting to monopolize....if it were any other compnay id be fine with it but just because its EA it just grinds my gears:evil:....They're are a company thats just about making money quick as apposed to just making good games
#7 Posted by Scarface_tm431 (10063 posts) -

im not angry at the deal im angry at EA wanting to monopolize....if it were any other compnay id be fine with it but just because its EA it just grinds my gears:evil:....They're are a company thats just about making money quick as apposed to just making good gamesBigchips

Because NHL 08, skate. Rock Band and Crysis (last year alone) were all bad games, right?

#8 Posted by msdd9 (2957 posts) -
Like I said a few minutes ago. Just because EA is "taking over" doesn't mean they are going to cancel all these games.
#9 Posted by forgetwatyahear (6260 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigchips"]im not angry at the deal im angry at EA wanting to monopolize....if it were any other compnay id be fine with it but just because its EA it just grinds my gears:evil:....They're are a company thats just about making money quick as apposed to just making good gamesScarface_tm431

Because NHL 08, skate. Rock Band and Crysis (last year alone) were all bad games, right?

on that note we can/thread
#10 Posted by Bigchips (636 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigchips"]im not angry at the deal im angry at EA wanting to monopolize....if it were any other compnay id be fine with it but just because its EA it just grinds my gears:evil:....They're are a company thats just about making money quick as apposed to just making good gamesScarface_tm431

well i cant speak for NHL and Skate but Rock Band was just Guitar Hero with an added multiplayer element take that away and it added nothing new to that genre or better yet it was no different than guitar hero

and crysis was just a basic shooter with a pretty face....that too added nothing new to the shooter genre

#11 Posted by Bigchips (636 posts) -

Like I said a few minutes ago. Just because EA is "taking over" doesn't mean they are going to cancel all these games.msdd9

im not saying ea is gonna cancel the game....im saying they will most likely just speed up the production process cut back on certain tasks just to get the game out faster

#12 Posted by ArsenicA (1446 posts) -
as long as they dont mess around with the Tom Clancy games... it will be just fine.
#14 Posted by tennisacerg (1029 posts) -

well i cant speak for NHL and Skate but Rock Band was just Guitar Hero with an added multiplayer element take that away and it added nothing new to that genre or better yet it was no different than guitar heroBigchips

are you kidding me?!? Rock Band adds 2 multiplayer elements, the drums and the singing, and it is completely set up differently, in that you can go on Band World Tours; all you do in GH is play songs at different sets, just racking up $ and points; Rock Band is a million times better than GH

i will speak for NHL 08..... it is AWESOME! GameSpot gave it an 8.5, and i agree completely, maybe even bumping it up to a 9.0; it is everything you could ask for in an NHL game

#15 Posted by Bigchips (636 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigchips"]well i cant speak for NHL and Skate but Rock Band was just Guitar Hero with an added multiplayer element take that away and it added nothing new to that genre or better yet it was no different than guitar herotennisacerg

are you kidding me?!? Rock Band adds 2 multiplayer elements, the drums and the singing, and it is completely set up differently, in that you can go on Band World Tours; all you do in GH is play songs at different sets, just racking up $ and points; Rock Band is a million times better than GH

i will speak for NHL 08..... it is AWESOME! GameSpot gave it an 8.5, and i agree completely, maybe even bumping it up to a 9.0; it is everything you could ask for in an NHL game

well when i spoke on rock bands muliplayer element i meant multiplayer as a whole

and as far NHL i dont play those games so i chose not to speak on it

and thirdly why should i have to keep my opinion to myself because a topic was similar to this or someone already commented on this

#16 Posted by tennisacerg (1029 posts) -
[QUOTE="tennisacerg"]

[QUOTE="Bigchips"]well i cant speak for NHL and Skate but Rock Band was just Guitar Hero with an added multiplayer element take that away and it added nothing new to that genre or better yet it was no different than guitar heroBigchips

well when i spoke on rock bands muliplayer element i meant multiplayer as a whole

and thirdly why should i have to keep my opinion to myself because a topic was similar to this or someone already commented on this

did i say to keep your opinion to yourself?!? i merely just countered your opinion; and also, since u said u weren't commenting on NHL 08, that is why i said "I will speak for NHL 08"; man alive

#17 Posted by Bigchips (636 posts) -

[QUOTE="forget_____"]someone lock this. We have already discussed the options and EA is not hurting anything. they are just simply going to publish the game,not kick down the door and say" you can't do this or this" everything will be fine/tennisacerg

100% agreed

this is what i meant

you believe that this topic should be locked only because its been discussed?

#18 Posted by magicalclick (23472 posts) -
[QUOTE="tennisacerg"]

[QUOTE="Bigchips"]well i cant speak for NHL and Skate but Rock Band was just Guitar Hero with an added multiplayer element take that away and it added nothing new to that genre or better yet it was no different than guitar heroBigchips

When Take2 betrayed you and sells their games to other company, you don't blame Take2? Hummm... you are surely blind.

#19 Posted by NSR34GTR (13179 posts) -

someone lock this. We have already discussed the options and EA is not hurting anything. they are just simply going to publish the game,not kick down the door and say" you can't do this or this" everything will be fine/

agreed

#20 Posted by Bigchips (636 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bigchips"][QUOTE="tennisacerg"]

[QUOTE="Bigchips"]well i cant speak for NHL and Skate but Rock Band was just Guitar Hero with an added multiplayer element take that away and it added nothing new to that genre or better yet it was no different than guitar heromagicalclick

When Take2 betrayed you and sells their games to other company, you don't blame Take2? Hummm... you are surely blind.

for one im not mad at the deal im mad at EA wanting to monopolize....and its not entirely take two decision in who the company goes to....its the stockholders.....EA's not making the deal directly to Take two theyre making it to stockholders who will be interested in selling to the highest bidder...if it was up to Take2's ceo they wouldnt sell to ea

#21 Posted by ag3ntz3rox0x (1534 posts) -
this is old news. and taketwo is going to keep declining
#22 Posted by magicalclick (23472 posts) -
[QUOTE="magicalclick"][QUOTE="Bigchips"][QUOTE="tennisacerg"]

for one im not mad at the deal im mad at EA wanting to monopolize....and its not entirely take two decision in who the company goes to....its the stockholders.....EA's not making the deal directly to Take two theyre making it to stockholders who will be interested in selling to the highest bidder...if it was up to Take2's ceo they wouldnt sell to ea

Wait, you are doing EA vs Take2 stockholders. Why don't you say EA stockholders vs Take2 stockholders? Try to be fair man. And that applies to another of your statement. You don't mind Vividi monopolizing by buying the whold Gears of War publisher? That's just so unfair.

I don't like EA too. But please be fair.

#23 Posted by Bigchips (636 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bigchips"][QUOTE="magicalclick"][QUOTE="Bigchips"][QUOTE="tennisacerg"]

[QUOTE="Bigchips"]well i cant speak for NHL and Skate but Rock Band was just Guitar Hero with an added multiplayer element take that away and it added nothing new to that genre or better yet it was no different than guitar heromagicalclick

Wait, you are doing EA vs Take2 stockholders. Why don't you say EA stockholders vs Take2 stockholders? Try to be fair man. And that applies to another of your statement. You don't mind Vividi monopolizing by buying the whold Gears of War publisher? That's just so unfair.

I don't like EA too. But please be fair.

ill be fair by just leaving it be...my little opinion wont change a thing .....i just wanted to vent some anger in the form of a gamespot topic