This topic is locked from further discussion.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

So is Kinect games dead? Is there any (good) games out there that relies in Kinect? Enjoyed Kinect in the 360 days.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I read there are more Kinectless Xbones sold than regular Kinected Xbones, so the likelihood of a publisher pouring in resources to the device with a fractured install base skewed towards non-kinect, especially after the bad press isn't good.

That said, the dancing games that were being designed prior to the hardware manufacturer moving away from Kinect got decent scores. For my Xbone, my Kinect just stopped working. I looked into it and apparently many others had the same problems. I even discussed it here in a few threads. It had something about a few of the Xbone updates may have that effect so I need to call Xbox. However, due to my 7.1 surround sound, the Kinect couldn't hear me anyways so I never really used it. I sort of have a $150 paperweight until I call them.

Lozozozozoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 Lozozozozoz
Member since 2014 • 85 Posts

Very few games are made for kinect as it takes time and resources and won't improve sales - for the developers/publishers.

And I can't think of any good games for kinect right now, but there might be some...

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Kinect and good games in the same sentence -----> ROFLMAO !!!

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

Kinect is not really about motion games anymore. The primary functions are the video chat, voice control, and IR blaster, but I'm sure we'll see family and party oriented titles like those popular on the 360.

MortisPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 MortisPenguin
Member since 2014 • 172 Posts

I doubt that the Kinect will ever be fully supported.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

It's best used for scanning QR codes, voice commands, apps like Skype/Twitch streaming, etc...games for Kinect are nearing its end.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BusterFriendly

Kinect games are big with younger kids. Let them jump around and get tried out.

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

I've had a kinect with my xbone since I got it. And It would feel really weird to have an Xbox one without a kinect. Would feel like something is missing...

From the login face recognition...Xbox record that..all the different voice commands. I use it a lot in the menus. Also played Dark Dreams don't die entirely with the kinect this month, and it worked perfectly and was a really fun experience. That game actually feels worse if you play it with a controller instead.

So I hope they will focus a lot more on kinect in the future. It's a great companion device for the console. Just remember when games are made for it...then don't make us jump up and Down. Dark Dreams don't die, you could play it all sitting Down.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BusterFriendly

Yes, people without it are missing out on a lot of functionality. I rarely even touch my TV remote anymore and I use the snap all the time. Especially on Sunday when the football game is kind of boring but I want to check on it while playing a game. The record that is pretty handy especially on multi-user because there's no stopping the game.

strebis6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By strebis6
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

@MaddenBowler10: i don't think games really ever started for the Kinect for xbox One.

Apwbda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Apwbda
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts

It's not hard to support Kinect they just don't want to put the effort in it, Laziness is what Microsoft is about. even a voice-command-based backgammon or a video-conference poker simulator isn't too much to ask.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

With all those Kinects sitting around in stores waiting to be sold, that's money right there for MS. I think they will find something to make the Kinect relevant again in gaming.