Kinect 2.0 was a terrible idea

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

microsoft did a good job at gitting rid of all those stupid policies that pretty much ruined the launch. but since they still refuse to get rid of kinect 2.0, it will end up sinking the xbox one like the titanic.

any one disagree? fine. enjoy your xbox one delusions.

REALITY.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

REALITY.

buccomatic

Was going to respond until you said that, but you're clearly trolling and not looking for an actual discussion, so there's no need to say anything else.

*sigh*

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

microsoft did a good job at gitting rid of all those stupid policies that pretty much ruined the launch. but since they still refuse to get rid of kinect 2.0, it will end up sinking the xbox one like the titanic.

REALITY.

buccomatic

Kinect 1.0

Fastest peripheral ever to 5 million units

Fastest peripheral ever to 10 million units

Fastest peripheral ever to 20 million units

It's closing in on 25

Oh look! You failed

Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Exiled_Badger
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts

REALITY.

buccomatic
Not going to waste the time debating with you, you clearly aren't looking for an actual discussion. But yes I will enjoy my "delusions."
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

[QUOTE="buccomatic"]

REALITY.

Jaysonguy

Kinect 1.0

It's closing in on 25

Oh look! You failed

makes them aloooot of money, doesnt mean its good tho
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="buccomatic"]

REALITY.

Djmaster214

Kinect 1.0

It's closing in on 25

Oh look! You failed

I can play FIFA or Madden and call out plays I want without having to interrupt anything.

I like it

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#7 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

REALITY.

buccomatic

:lol:

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
Kinect is weak as heck. Yea let me go spend $200 so I can dance infront of my TV.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jaysonguy

Kinect is weak as heck. Yea let me go spend $200 so I can dance infront of my TV.Sonny360Elite

You don't understand what it is, run along now

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

[QUOTE="buccomatic"]

REALITY.

Jaysonguy

Kinect 1.0

It's closing in on 25

Oh look! You failed

I have to wonder how much of that was due to them bundling it with consoles for about the same price as without it though. If I can get more for around the same price, it doesn't matter if I want it or not I'm gonna take it.
adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

[QUOTE="Sonny360Elite"]Kinect is weak as heck. Yea let me go spend $200 so I can dance infront of my TV.Jaysonguy

You don't understand what it is, run along now

I would love to use the kinect on something like tom clancy's end war... where you just say commands to the troops and they just do it... you would hardly need a controller at all! 

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I really wish it was optional. As it is right now it's the main thing holding me back from purchasing the X1. 

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I really wish it was optional. As it is right now it's the main thing holding me back from purchasing the X1.

Vari3ty

This

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MarcRecon

Vari3ty

Same.

Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Exiled_Badger

Vari3ty
Just as narrow-minded as the rest of them.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

Exiled_Badger

:P....Do you even know what narrow-minded means? He said he wanted "OPTION" which would mean(correct me if I'm wrong)he's thinking open-minded! I kinda think you are the one who seems to have the narrow perspective here fella!!

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

[QUOTE="Djmaster214"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Kinect 1.0

It's closing in on 25

Oh look! You failed

Jaysonguy

I can play FIFA or Madden and call out plays I want without having to interrupt anything.

I like it

well thats good im glad you enjoy it, me personally i cant see myself calling plays or open door! in mass effect or medpack in dead space, its cool but cringe worthy especially if i have company over and am playing, but its also litearlly just pressing the a button or a dpad direction on fifa for me
Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

[QUOTE="buccomatic"]

REALITY.

Jaysonguy

Kinect 1.0

It's closing in on 25

Oh look! You failed

Name one game of the year that requires kinect.

Name 5 kinect only games that have scored an 85 or better on metacritic.

Name 3 must have games that require kinect.

Hold a controller in your hand and tell me if jumping in real life, waving your arm, or speaking is faster, more intuitive and requires less effort than just pushing a button to do the same.

Transformers movies have made millions and millions of dollars in sales, but that doesnt mean they were good movies. Or even movies anyone actually praises, or movies that people still watch often.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="buccomatic"]

REALITY.

Gargus

Kinect 1.0

It's closing in on 25

Oh look! You failed

Name one game of the year that requires kinect.

Name 5 kinect only games that have scored an 85 or better on metacritic.

Name 3 must have games that require kinect.

Hold a controller in your hand and tell me if jumping in real life, waving your arm, or speaking is faster, more intuitive and requires less effort than just pushing a button to do the same.

Transformers movies have made millions and millions of dollars in sales, but that doesnt mean they were good movies. Or even movies anyone actually praises, or movies that people still watch often.

I'm not talking about Kinect complete games though Gunstringer is a game I like

As far as what you're asking, I can be playing FIFA and attacking and tell my guys what positions they need to be in instead of taking my hands off the controls I'm using to attack, makes the game better and offers more options.

Again, you want to zone in on one thing and that's fine, you're wrong but that's fine.

Also if the Kinect is with every Xbox One it means everyone has to develop for it and maybe along the line something greater happens.

For me the ability to control even more than I have before makes it attractive to me, to save me steps in sports games or to play a racing game and be able to say where I want to go next and have the GPS make a route for me instead of pausing and pulling up the map screen.

Microsoft's intent was never to get rid of the controller, I'm not sure how many times they have to say that. Their plan is to give the player more control over their gaming experience, Kinect does that.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 buccomatic

Vari3ty
same here. i hate the idea of having to go back to the dreaded dual shock controller for ps4. and i don't think i can do it, so i'm stuck. buy an xbox one to get overcharged and spied on with a "feature" i can't stand and never wanted = no sale or buy a ps4 and get stuck with up, down, left, right d-pad "suckedness" which is so counterintuitive that i won't be able to enjoy it. both options are unbearable IMO.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

buccomatic
same here. i hate the idea of having to go back to the dreaded dual shock controller for ps4. and i don't think i can do it, so i'm stuck. buy an xbox one to get overcharged and spied on with a "feature" i can't stand and never wanted = no sale or buy a ps4 and get stuck with up, down, left, right d-pad "suckedness" which is so counterintuitive that i won't be able to enjoy it. both options are unbearable IMO.

The difference is you don't have to use the Kinect. Your stuck with Sony's stubbornness and the same controller with the PS4.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jaysonguy

spied on buccomatic

Ok, you really need psychiatric help, this is very concerning.

Do other things "spy" on you too?

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 buccomatic
[QUOTE="buccomatic"][QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

firefox59

The difference is you don't have to use the Kinect. Your stuck with Sony's stubbornness and the same controller with the PS4.

part true. the kinect 2.0 can't be unplugged and thrown into a box in the closet. so i do have to use kinect 2.0 i guarantee you 100% that you will have to use kinect 2.0 to get xbox one to function on a daily basis. in other words, it's forced. just like the terrible dual shock controller is forced on ps4.
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 buccomatic
[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="buccomatic"][QUOTE="Vari3ty"] The difference is you don't have to use the Kinect. Your stuck with Sony's stubbornness and the same controller with the PS4.

part true. the kinect 2.0 can't be unplugged and thrown into a box in the closet. so i do have to use kinect 2.0 i guarantee you 100% that you will have to use kinect 2.0 to get xbox one to function on a daily basis. in other words, it's forced. just like the terrible dual shock controller is forced on ps4.

[QUOTE="buccomatic"]

spied on Jaysonguy

Ok, you really need psychiatric help, this is very concerning.

Do other things "spy" on you too?

yes they do and they spy on you as well. turn on the news, genius. i mean really... use your brain for a second or two. just because you can't see it happening doesn't mean it's not happening. the greatest spies are the ones who aren't detected not the ones who are the most famous. and now that you DO know you're getting spied on you say, "i want more of that!" duuuhh! THINK... see, you're the one who needs psychiatric help (masochist). you enjoy letting others trample your rights and freedoms and encourage more of it while sane people (like me) do not.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i don't like being spyed on imo's.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 firefox59
[QUOTE="buccomatic"][QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="buccomatic"]same here. i hate the idea of having to go back to the dreaded dual shock controller for ps4. and i don't think i can do it, so i'm stuck. buy an xbox one to get overcharged and spied on with a "feature" i can't stand and never wanted = no sale or buy a ps4 and get stuck with up, down, left, right d-pad "suckedness" which is so counterintuitive that i won't be able to enjoy it. both options are unbearable IMO.

That hasn't been confirmed. It seems like MS is saying you just have to have it connected, just so Xbox can sense it's there. They haven't said that you ever have to turn it on as far as I know, besides the initial set up obviously.
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts
I would never pay for a Kinect, but if it was free I would probably play something on it once in awhile. It would be rare, unless it was something very interesting. I just don't care for motion control stuff, unless it's a simple movement in the game (like TLoU with the flashlight.).
pickettsticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 pickettsticket
Member since 2012 • 193 Posts

[QUOTE="buccomatic"]

REALITY.

Jaysonguy

Kinect 1.0

It's closing in on 25

Oh look! You failed

Oh look, no one uses it and every one regrets buying it.

Think i have about 5 friends who are p!ssed about the kinect and what was promised and then the overwhelmingly dissapointing reality.

The motion control stuff needs to admit defeat now and stop making promises it can never fulfill

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="buccomatic"]

REALITY.

pickettsticket

Kinect 1.0

It's closing in on 25

Oh look! You failed

Think i have about 5 friends who are p!ssed about the kinect and what was promised and then the overwhelmingly dissapointing reality.

The motion control stuff needs to admit defeat now and stop making promises it can never fulfill

I gave facts, you gave ummm, you tried

Very good job, one day you're going to succeed at something and boy I'm sure someone may be proud!

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

[QUOTE="Exiled_Badger"][QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

MarcRecon

:P....Do you even know what narrow-minded means? He said he wanted "OPTION" which would mean(correct me if I'm wrong)he's thinking open-minded! I kinda think you are the one who seems to have the narrow perspective here fella!!

Well he did use the term correctly. The guy said optional so he clearly doesn't like the idea of kinect which leads him to be narrow minded. This is a good thing that it ships with the Xbox. Sony's toy camera wont succeed because they won't back it up as much.
pickettsticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pickettsticket

[QUOTE="pickettsticket"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Kinect 1.0

It's closing in on 25

Oh look! You failed

Jaysonguy

Very good job, one day you're going to succeed at something and boy I'm sure someone may be proud!

How many friends (if you have any) have bought the kinect and been happy with the capabilities it offers (none) and think its worth the money?

because not a single person i know who has bought it has liked it in the slightest, fact right there

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="pickettsticket"]

Think i have about 5 friends who are p!ssed about the kinect and what was promised and then the overwhelmingly dissapointing reality.

pickettsticket

How many friends (if you have any) have bought the kinect and been happy with the capabilities it offers (none) and think its worth the money?

because not a single person i know who has bought it has liked it in the slightest, fact right there

I know lots of people that like Kinect, the biggest problem I see is people don't know how to use it. I'm glad Kinect2 comes with the X1 because it would cost more seperate.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#33 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

[QUOTE="buccomatic"]

REALITY.

Jaysonguy

Kinect 1.0

It's closing in on 25

Oh look! You failed

Proof? Most people that bought kinect got rid of them. There are very few kinect games that sell, and even fewer that get anything over a 7 when reviewed. The kinect isn't supported well at all.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="buccomatic"]

REALITY.

Rattlesnake_8

Kinect 1.0

It's closing in on 25

Oh look! You failed

Proof? Most people that bought kinect got rid of them. There are very few kinect games that sell, and even fewer that get anything over a 7 when reviewed. The kinect isn't supported well at all.

Ummm, what?

Proof? The sales are proof.

As for not selling well there's 7 Kinect games that have sales of a million or more.

So yeah....anything else?

pickettsticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pickettsticket

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Kinect 1.0

It's closing in on 25

Oh look! You failed

Jaysonguy

Ummm, what?

As for not selling well there's 7 Kinect games that have sales of a million or more.

You cant just deny all the facts that 

1) Its useless

2) The games its featured in are sh!te

3) it has such limitations its never going to be useful

4)its just tacked on to most games in a feature no one even with the kinect would use

Just admit it was promosing all this stuff it could do and then failed to do it in the moest epi of fashions. not one person i knows wants it and would rather the money they spent back.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"] Proof? Most people that bought kinect got rid of them. There are very few kinect games that sell, and even fewer that get anything over a 7 when reviewed. The kinect isn't supported well at all.pickettsticket

Ummm, what?

You cant just deny all the facts that 

1) Its useless

2) The games its featured in are sh!te

3) it has such limitations its never going to be useful

4)its just tacked on to most games in a feature no one even with the kinect would use

Just admit it was promosing all this stuff it could do and then failed to do it in the moest epi of fashions. not one person i knows wants it and would rather the money they spent back.

Awesome, you responded to my facts with things that aren't facts, well that's certainly equal!

If you feel like tossing a fact my way please do, you're more than welcome.

On the other hand if you're going to ignore facts make what you're saying more interesting. No offense but "TEH GAMZ R BAD" isn't exactly scintillating conversation.

pickettsticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pickettsticket

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

buccomatic

Dont quote me on this but isnt the xbox d-pad changed much more like the PS4s now?

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts
Does anyone know if Kinect 2.0 comes with a CPU or GPU built in?
ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts
Kinect is weak as heck. Yea let me go spend $200 so I can dance infront of my TV.Sonny360Elite
200 dollars? You're doing something wrong.
ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts
[QUOTE="buccomatic"]yes they do and they spy on you as well. turn on the news, genius. i mean really... use your brain for a second or two. just because you can't see it happening doesn't mean it's not happening. the greatest spies are the ones who aren't detected not the ones who are the most famous. and now that you DO know you're getting spied on you say, "i want more of that!" duuuhh! THINK... see, you're the one who needs psychiatric help (masochist). you enjoy letting others trample your rights and freedoms and encourage more of it while sane people (like me) do not.

AAAHAHAHAHAHA! Dear god you people are hilarious. "They're watching you sit and play games!! Guys!!! THEY'RE WATCHING YOU PLAY YOUR GAMES!!! They're spying on you!!!" LMFAO, first off, WHY?! Why do they want to watch us sit in our living rooms? Why would they do this? Second, if they want to waste their time and money to watch me sit and play a game, more power to them I guess.

Are you aware these types of threads belong in the System Wars forum? You're obviously a cow, behaving like a bitch as you guys are known to behave. Take this to the SW forums. More cows will be own your side there.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 buccomatic

who's going to be happy and throw a party when we see microsoft employees sitting in a prison cell for treason and espionage?!

ME!

aaahahahahahaha!

:)~

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jaysonguy

who's going to be happy and throw a party when we see microsoft employees sitting in a prison cell for treason and espionage?!

ME!

aaahahahahahaha!

:)~

buccomatic

You have serious mental problems, I'm not kidding what you're saying is enough to get you a psych evaluation.

You're paranoid and a danger to yourself

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Not a terrible idea at all since the first Kinect was very successful. Last time I checked, when something is insanely succesful like Kinect 1.0, you make a sequel. The first one was just a new experiment if you will, had it not been successful then Kinect 2 wouldn't exist. Luckily it was, and now more people will get to experience it and we will see much more of its integration in games, I can't wait to see all the stuff they will do with it.

Now, I can understand why some people would prefer not to buy it, but from what I understand the system was simply designed with it from the ground up.....it's basically part of the X1, just like the disc drive is. I don't need a disc drive, I'll be buying all my games digital, and I don't want a Blue-Ray player.,....so I wish I could buy an X1 without a disc drive, that could potentially be 50$-100$ cheaper, but alas I cannot, we don't live in a perfect world. If I buy a PS4 I'm also "forced" to buy a blue-ray disc drive when I really don't need or want one.....but hey, that's how it is.

Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Exiled_Badger

Not a terrible idea at all since the first Kinect was very successful. Last time I checked, when something is insanely succesful like Kinect 1.0, you make a sequel. The first one was just a new experiment if you will, had it not been successful then Kinect 2 wouldn't exist. Luckily it was, and now more people will get to experience it and we will see much more of its integration in games, I can't wait to see all the stuff they will do with it.

Now, I can understand why some people would prefer not to buy it, but from what I understand the system was simply designed with it from the ground up.....it's basically part of the X1, just like the disc drive is. I don't need a disc drive, I'll be buying all my games digital, and I don't want a Blue-Ray player.,....so I wish I could buy an X1 without a disc drive, that could potentially be 50$-100$ cheaper, but alas I cannot, we don't live in a perfect world. If I buy a PS4 I'm also "forced" to buy a blue-ray disc drive when I really don't need or want one.....but hey, that's how it is.

Alucard_Prime
Actually the first version of the Kinect was not as successful as you think. Many people didn't like it, myself included; however, you are right in saying it was just an experiment. They tried it out, it sucked, so they tried again. And this time they have learned from their mistakes and the Kinect 2.0 will be a hit, IMO. It will be really cool to see what all these dev groups can do with the new Kinect. I, for one, am excited for it.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Alucard_Prime"]

Exiled_Badger

Actually the first version of the Kinect was not as successful as you think.

1 out of 3 Xbox 360's have a Kinect

That's amazingly successful, actually the most most successful peripheral ever

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

[QUOTE="Exiled_Badger"][QUOTE="Alucard_Prime"]

Jaysonguy

Actually the first version of the Kinect was not as successful as you think.

1 out of 3 Xbox 360's have a Kinect

That's amazingly successful, actually the most most successful peripheral ever

If you spin it that way, well sure however that still makes up only 33% of the user base which isn't all that impressive. And of course that doesn't mean all of the people who bought Kinect actually liked Kinect once they actually played it. Most people I know including myself have Kinect units with an inch of dust sitting on top of it. Judging by the very poor sales of Kinect games outside of the bundle sales, this goes far beyond my circle of friends. Non bundled Kinect games can't even sell a million copies. Most can't even sell 500k. Funny how Microsoft sold all these Kinect units yet can't push the games. Also keep in mind that Kinect only sold good for about the first year. By 2012, unit the sales plummeted.
bmart970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bmart970
Member since 2012 • 106 Posts

I don't like the Kinect 2.0, but at the same time I do. I don't like that it might have to be always on, but I do like that it is packaged with every Xbox because then developers will be more likely to integrate it into their games in meaningful ways.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

I don't like the Kinect 2.0, but at the same time I do. I don't like that it might have to be always on, but I do like that it is packaged with every Xbox because then developers will be more likely to integrate it into their games in meaningful ways.

bmart970
Yet the main way Kinect is used in Core games can be done so without. Tom Clancys End-War didnt need the Kinect to do voice commands. But if they actually allowed you to use your headset for this stuff, its harder to justify the sale of Kinect.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 firefox59
[QUOTE="bmart970"]

Murderstyle75
Yet the main way Kinect is used in Core games can be done so without. Tom Clancys End-War didnt need the Kinect to do voice commands. But if they actually allowed you to use your headset for this stuff, its harder to justify the sale of Kinect.

That's because the original Kinect was advanced enough to build games around. Technology has stages of progress and 2.0 is a huge step in the right direction.