keep disconnecting from xbox live - help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ncderek (5513 posts) -
is this problem my xbox live, my internet, or what? seems like every time i get on xbox, it'll work for like 10 minutes, but then the internet goes out. it never goes out when im on my computer or playing an online game. but if i get on xbox live and start playing a game on there, the internet for xbox live and for my computer goes out within a few minutes. it's really annoying. what could the problem be? is my xbox breaking. is xbox live having problems?
#2 Posted by Strife88 (6073 posts) -
Most likely the 360 having problems.
#3 Posted by ncderek (5513 posts) -
bump anyone else? could use a lot of opinions or if anyone has had similar experiences, or if xbox live is just messing up like it has been i hear
#4 Posted by sexy_chimp (6457 posts) -
It's Xbox Live. I have massive lag attacks in Team Fortress 2 and I think other people do too because the host usually disconnects when I have lag.
#5 Posted by ncderek (5513 posts) -
whats wrong with xbox live - any word from microsoft? i read a thread about xbox admitting to "having problems all month" and saying theyd give all users a free arcade game eventually. and on halo 3 every server people are asking "hey are you guys having xbox live problems?'' whats the word on this from microsoft?
#6 Posted by trj156 (1704 posts) -
microsoft is currently being sued for xbox live service outages so they are legally bound to not say anything about it.
#7 Posted by ncderek (5513 posts) -
interesting, so i'm not the only one then. if so, i'm glad my xbox isn't breaking or my router or ethernet isn't breaking and they can hurry up and fix this mess
#8 Posted by Gravity_2 (440 posts) -

their has been lots of problems with xbox live recently. more than once i have spent all afternoon trying to get a game of cod4 with no success. so its not your 360 or your internet. its xbox live. all microsoft keep saying is that they are working on it. the problem is that they had loads of people signing up to xbox live & the servers couldnt take it. apparently we are going to get a free xbox live arcade game. what i've heard about that its any game we want but microsoft have not said anything, they probably wont till they are confidant that the issue has been sorted.

#9 Posted by wolfx258 (145 posts) -
i have the same problem too. i play halo 3 and always get disconnected in the middle of the match. and for some reason i lose my exp...maybe the game thinks i quit... does that happen to anyone else?
#10 Posted by chintama2 (2 posts) -

i have the same exact problem. does anyone know how to fix it?

ill get to play 1 game...then as soon as i try to connect to a second game i get disconnected and my internet totally shuts off...its really really annoying

#11 Posted by bruserboy1 (6 posts) -
i have a similiar problem were i can connect for like 10 mins with full bars then it'll just drop me. then i go under the network setting jiggle the adapter it pops up dothe test it passes. 10 mins later boom. it started like yesterday. my computer internet stays but xbox live caps out. i can run laptops farther away with full bars and no connection issues.i want to play gears but i dont want to play half a match. i restarted the router and modem liek 5 times today with no avail.
#12 Posted by louis_perrault (1 posts) -
Hello everyone ,I have the same problems that all the users where reporting.When I play directly to my modem I have a really good connecting and when i plug it into the router and get disconnected every single time.I've call Xbox Customer Support at 1800-4MY-XBOX an they told me about: -NAT Type -Ports -Firmware -IP Adress,DNS,Subnet Mask and Gateway -The NAT Type need to be open because you may have problem earings other players or joining games. -The Ports,you need to open special ports on the router for Xbox Live Do it like this in the router settings: Xbox 360 #1 UDP 88 IP Adress:Your Xbox 360 IP Adress Xbox 360 #2 TCP:80 IP Adress:Your Xbox 360 IP Adress Xbox 360#3 UDP:3074 TCP:3074 IP Adress:Your Xbox 360 IP Adress Xbox 360 #4 UDP:53 TCP:53 IP Adress:You Xbox 360 IP Adress -The Firmware ,you need to check to you router computer service support or on the internet compagny page to check for the firmware if you have the latest one. -For the IP Adress,DNS,Subnet Mask and Gateway you need to call the compagny of your router and check for the correctly IP Adress,Gateway.Subnet Mask and DNS. I did all my router compagny told me and still don't,I think because of the phone whose connected to internet by IP Adress if its'nt that please someone help me. For those who haven't done any of those step do it and then check out if this work. Thank you to all ! Gamertag:Qc YounG GunZ x
#13 Posted by flipmode64 (5 posts) -
It's so funny because you guys pretty much answered the problem yourself, If it works fine with your modem directly, then obviously its not the internet, and its not the xbox. What are you putting inbetween to internet and your xbox.................... THE ROUTER. so obviously its a problem with the router and not the internet or the xbox.
#14 Posted by eversoris12 (1 posts) -
I just got done playing gears of war 2 untile it cut of man i was so mad i nearly broke my controler it was the same for halo 3 i think there trying to rip us off i just found this webb site
#15 Posted by Geatar (1 posts) -
i have the same problem too. i play halo 3 and always get disconnected in the middle of the match. and for some reason i lose my exp...maybe the game thinks i quit... does that happen to anyone else?wolfx258
Happening me I get so mad because when i play CoD, If I get kills with a certain weapon it disconnects and I lose all them kills
#16 Posted by Alex3796 (2669 posts) -

That's weird... it hasn't happened to me.

*knock on wood*

#17 Posted by Drakebunny (3029 posts) -

whats wrong with xbox live - any word from microsoft? i read a thread about xbox admitting to "having problems all month" and saying theyd give all users a free arcade game eventually. and on halo 3 every server people are asking "hey are you guys having xbox live problems?'' whats the word on this from microsoft?ncderek

When/where was this stated?

#18 Posted by XboxBoy94 (1 posts) -
Hey guys, right, this hasnt happened to me before, which is odd because im sure everything thats ever mucked up with xbox or my internet has happened to me aha. But, i signed into xbox live, and i was on the dashboard and in a party talking to my mates all happily, and then someone says, 'come on black ops' so... i do. As soon as it hits the main menu where it says 'press start' a notification says, 'Disconnected From XBL' and i thought.. Oh..damn, ( At first ) Then i hit the dashboard and as soon as it loaded, a notification said ' signed into XBL'. however as soon as i started black ops, this started to repeat its self.... Any ideas on what it is and how to fix it? Cheers guys :)
#19 Posted by radix_natas (1 posts) -
ARGH!! I am Sick of constantly getting disconnected from Live! I bought a new router And modem, have constantly switched from wired to wireless, and even changed my NAT settings, and yet, I am STILL getting disconnected from dozens of Live matches! Whats the freakin deal here!? I know that Sony PS3 got majorly hacked, probably because some super nerds lost a match, hacked the **** and ruined it for all others, but why, Why must Xbox be having problems now!? I have owned 2 Xbox system over the past 4 years, and haven't had Nearly this many problems!
#20 Posted by bobferadino (1 posts) -
[QUOTE="radix_natas"]ARGH!! I am Sick of constantly getting disconnected from Live! I bought a new router And modem, have constantly switched from wired to wireless, and even changed my NAT settings, and yet, I am STILL getting disconnected from dozens of Live matches! Whats the freakin deal here!? I know that Sony PS3 got majorly hacked, probably because some super nerds lost a match, hacked the **** and ruined it for all others, but why, Why must Xbox be having problems now!? I have owned 2 Xbox system over the past 4 years, and haven't had Nearly this many problems!

I'm having the same problem with xbox live at the moment.. the disconnection problems have only started in the last month and i cannot work out what the problem is. If you find a solution let me know!!
#21 Posted by natureman1406 (1 posts) -
Yes indeed let me kno too. This is getting ridiculous. Internet on computers signal is excellent but I keep getting disconnected from xbox live .
#22 Posted by ketchken (5 posts) -

Same here! And i live in Belgium. So its not local... I have bought a new modem and i let the internet company come over no result they could not find a thing with my connection. I did proper port forwarding so thats not it. And last time before the post frowarding when i called xbox it was the only reason they could give as an excuse and i opened them and nothing changed exept i dont get that your NAT is moderate message anymore... I am kinda lost now :(

#23 Posted by SthrnGamerChck (1 posts) -
My live is messing up also. Seems to be when I play a live match with other player for Left 4 Dead 2. And my controller keeps doing cycles.
#24 Posted by anstarii (1 posts) -
Hi guys... does anyone know why my xbox live disconnects when I start black ops? please help
#25 Posted by news5 (2 posts) -
I was having this problem I called 1-800-4MY-XBOX that is Xbox 360 support. They told me how to fix it and it worked. Now I am having the problem again.
#26 Posted by news5 (2 posts) -
I was having this problem I called 1-800-4MY-XBOX that is Xbox 360 support. They told me how to fix it and it worked. Now I am having the problem again.news5
It has something to do with your Xbox connecting to you internet. Call them and they will help you.