Just got an Xbox, some questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kielmaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kielmaru
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Just got the xbox slim E. And i have a few questions:

• The box have the av, power brick, etc. and this one weird cord where it has this square plug and a usb plug. There aint no port for it on the back of the console.
  • How long is the preferred playing time? Like 3, 4 hours?
  • Any tips on taking care of the console? This is my setup when im playing: http://i.imgur.com/kz5mTs3.jpg Theres a fan on the side cause it easily gets heated when i turn it on. Is that ok to put a fan in front of it? Also, i put something under the console so its not sitting flat on the surface.
  • Is it better to put the console in the box every time im not using it? I kinda dont want to just leave the console under the tv because it might get dusts but i covered it with the cover thing that came in with the box.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@kielmaru said:

Just got the xbox slim E. And i have a few questions:

• The box have the av, power brick, etc. and this one weird cord where it has this square plug and a usb plug. There aint no port for it on the back of the console.
  • How long is the preferred playing time? Like 3, 4 hours?
  • Any tips on taking care of the console? This is my setup when im playing: http://i.imgur.com/kz5mTs3.jpg Theres a fan on the side cause it easily gets heated when i turn it on. Is that ok to put a fan in front of it? Also, i put something under the console so its not sitting flat on the surface.
  • Is it better to put the console in the box every time im not using it? I kinda dont want to just leave the console under the tv because it might get dusts but i covered it with the cover thing that came in with the box.

• I can pretty positive a monkey can figure out the what cable goes into the power brick and other into the 360
  • play as long as you like!!! Just don't leave it on for 24/7 for no reason
  • Take the 360 off that white leporid pillow and put it on hard surface. Any type of frabic will attract heat = bad. Now any electric device will produce heat on it's own and that is fine.
  • Don't put it in the box, don't cover it, Little house dust isn't going to harm it.
kielmaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 kielmaru
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

@k2theswiss: Uhh i know what cord goes to the power brick. That cord has no port for the console. I thought its for the conroller charge but its not.

Yeah but i put something on it so its not completely flat on the pillow thing.

Why not cover it then?

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@kielmaru said:

@k2theswiss: Uhh i know what cord goes to the power brick. That cord has no port for the console. I thought its for the controller charge but its not.

Yeah but i put something on it so its not completely flat on the pillow thing.

Why not cover it then?

have no clue what cable you are talking about. could just be a adapter from the first slim model.

Still shouldn't be on the pillow... BAD place. Just put it on the shelve under the t.v.

There is no reason to cover it unless you cutting wood with a saw under it. your average house dust is going do absoulty nothing to it, but if you want to cover it after gaming then i guess go ahead. seems going too far for me

SIT BACK, PLAY AND ENJOY