Just Cause 3 - Winter 2015!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

So with Just Cause 3 having a trailer shown today (along with some screenshots) and a provisional Winter/Holiday 2015 release window put forward, I am interested to hear what you think of the announcements so far?

Are you interested in the new Just Cause game? If not, why not?

Personally, I am very interested in this game. The trailer was great in terms of visuals and the music choice, but, I want to see some gameplay before making any solid decisions on this game. I really enjoyed the second game but with the market having more open world games now than when Just Cause 2 came out, this needs to do something special to stand out. I hope the story improves on this game and the voice acting, but I want some surprises with the gameplay and more crazy fun.

How about you?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it... but I wasn't the biggest fan of JC2.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Never played Just Cause if I must say so myself, If it's anything like Saints Row I might be interested.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

@BattleSpectre:

It is similar in there are some crazy things you can do. For example, you have a grapple gun which you can use to attack yourself/ your transport to other things (a mod allows you to chain this, so people have videos online of them using a jet to pull multiple cars in the air). Another mechanic is you are allowed to jump onto the hood of a moving car and shoot off of it, although I think that would be better with multiplayer (so one person drives and another shoots rockets from the roof or something). Also, you have a parachute pack which you can deploy anytime you are in the air (so think, jump off a moving car and parachute your way forwards as the momentum is pretty realistic so if you launch at speed you can fly for a long time), there is an achievement for diving a mile without deploying it which you can get from jumping off the blimp hotel in the game.

However, this is not like Saints Row in that the game is a set of huge islands and not set in a city like Steel Port. There are a lot of missions and you are trying to over throw a corrupt government in essence by helping rival gangs/political groups (not sure which they fall under) take out government owned property/targets (so blowing up petrol stations, air bases, and the like).

Basically it is a lot of fun, but the story does not drive things like it could do, so you could feasibly just go around blowing things up and never touch any missions past the opening tutorials (I believe if you do this then accept missions they can just auto complete due to you doing the objectives already).

So yeah, there is a solid ground for something pretty amazing, but they need to step it up with the missions and add content that adds to the gameplay (so it is not a pure copy of the second game). I look forward to seeing what Avalanche can do (I think that is the studio who made the game).

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Any idea when Mad Max is going to be released?

jdfan56k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jdfan56k
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

I think the series itself is a bit overrated but I am curious to see how it is on the new consoles.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@Garfield360UK said:

@BattleSpectre:

It is similar in there are some crazy things you can do. For example, you have a grapple gun which you can use to attack yourself/ your transport to other things (a mod allows you to chain this, so people have videos online of them using a jet to pull multiple cars in the air). Another mechanic is you are allowed to jump onto the hood of a moving car and shoot off of it, although I think that would be better with multiplayer (so one person drives and another shoots rockets from the roof or something). Also, you have a parachute pack which you can deploy anytime you are in the air (so think, jump off a moving car and parachute your way forwards as the momentum is pretty realistic so if you launch at speed you can fly for a long time), there is an achievement for diving a mile without deploying it which you can get from jumping off the blimp hotel in the game.

However, this is not like Saints Row in that the game is a set of huge islands and not set in a city like Steel Port. There are a lot of missions and you are trying to over throw a corrupt government in essence by helping rival gangs/political groups (not sure which they fall under) take out government owned property/targets (so blowing up petrol stations, air bases, and the like).

Basically it is a lot of fun, but the story does not drive things like it could do, so you could feasibly just go around blowing things up and never touch any missions past the opening tutorials (I believe if you do this then accept missions they can just auto complete due to you doing the objectives already).

So yeah, there is a solid ground for something pretty amazing, but they need to step it up with the missions and add content that adds to the gameplay (so it is not a pure copy of the second game). I look forward to seeing what Avalanche can do (I think that is the studio who made the game).

Thanks for the detailed write-up Garfield, that does sound very fun indeed. I just don't like the fact you mention missions don't push the game, don't get me wrong I love blowing s*** up and creating havoc as much as the next guy but after a while that tends to get boring. Hopefully if they add an interesting mission structure and a story that keeps you engaged I'd definitely be interested.