Just bought Halo MCC: matchmaking broken

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emachine8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emachine8
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Every play list i choose just loads and loads forever. Internet and xbox live are perfectly fine. Anybody else havig trouble with matchmaking tonight? Thanks.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

The game itself is broken.

It has had a ton of patches and still gives people problems.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Not good news. I wanted to pick it up but mainly for the single player. Hopefully that works

wallacom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 wallacom
Member since 2005 • 221 Posts

@marcheegsr: SP works perfectly, minor problems that you probably wont even notice. As in regards the MP, mine works perfectly now. it was a struggle but, now the load times are fast, some game types will have less people then others, but Halo 4 and 2 are pretty much always full.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

Not good news. I wanted to pick it up but mainly for the single player. Hopefully that works

Well this topic is about the multiplayer portion so that has nothing to do with single player. From what I've heard, most of the single player issues have been resolved. So go right ahead to your local store and pick it up if all you want to play is single palyer for Halo: MCC.

mpl911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 mpl911
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

@Jaysonguy: Yeah - this is still broken. Tried to MP yesterday but just got something like "Downloading current play lists. Please wait...". It sat like that for about 6 or 7 minutes before I got bored and booted up the SP. It's weird. I mean - they must have released at least 30GB of patches since the game came out and it's still not working. Come on MS before people get so frustrated they decide to sell MCC and never Halo again!

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#7 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6072 Posts

@wallacom said:

@marcheegsr: SP works perfectly, minor problems that you probably wont even notice. As in regards the MP, mine works perfectly now. it was a struggle but, now the load times are fast, some game types will have less people then others, but Halo 4 and 2 are pretty much always full.

I'm sorry wallacom,I disagree with you on your comment on singleplayer.I have played Halo:CE and Halo 2 with a few issues still happening.Several times I have started a sp game on Halo 2 and my campaign mission {in witch I saved progress}have been erased.On both Halo:CE and Halo 2 I have restarted my campaign,stoped,saved,and to restarted another day,only to be erased again.So I would suggest to anyone,don't jump to fast in buying the Halo:MMC.343I have not solved all the glitch's on the game as of yet,singleplayer or multiplayer.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

@wallacom said:

I'm sorry wallacom,I disagree with you on your comment on singleplayer.I have played Halo:CE and Halo 2 with a few issues still happening.Several times I have started a sp game on Halo 2 and my campaign mission {in witch I saved progress}have been erased.On both Halo:CE and Halo 2 I have restarted my campaign,stoped,saved,and to restarted another day,only to be erased again.So I would suggest to anyone,don't jump to fast in buying the Halo:MMC.343I have not solved all the glitch's on the game as of yet,singleplayer or multiplayer.

Yes. ^

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#9 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Good to see you supported a broken remake. Keep it up.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@brimmul777: I'm just curious, because I have seen people talk about this glitch but I've played a lot of SP(mostly coop) and have never encountered it. When you say you lose progress, are you talking checkpoint progress(starts you back at the beginning of said chapter), or your entire campaign progress is erased and you have to start from the first level again?

I understand the nature of glitches that not everyone will experience them, but neither me or my friends have had any issues in single player, and I've been playing this game since launch. I'm simply curious that's all, losing a save is one of my worst fears, and we are at the end of Halo 2 so I hope I don't encounter this glitch :)

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6072 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

@brimmul777: I'm just curious, because I have seen people talk about this glitch but I've played a lot of SP(mostly coop) and have never encountered it. When you say you lose progress, are you talking checkpoint progress(starts you back at the beginning of said chapter), or your entire campaign progress is erased and you have to start from the first level again?

I understand the nature of glitches that not everyone will experience them, but neither me or my friends have had any issues in single player, and I've been playing this game since launch. I'm simply curious that's all, losing a save is one of my worst fears, and we are at the end of Halo 2 so I hope I don't encounter this glitch :)

The singleplayer glitch's that I have experience is starting back to the beginning of the campaign level.Although,I have heard of players that have had to start the whole campaign over again,but I have not had to, just the level I was on,thank God.I hope for your sake,you and your friends don't have issues as I have had.Fed up with the b*llsh*t that came with the game.I just play the multiplayer from time to time,but even that still has a load of problems too.Good Luck to You. :)

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@brimmul777:

Ok thanks for the info, that's not as bad as losing your entire progress but it sucks nonetheless, since some of the chapters are pretty long. I mostly play co-op, and in co-op the game states that checkpoints are disabled so I am used to simply playing chapters from beginning to end on my sessions. I totally get your gripes though, checkpoints should work during solo play and glitches like this really suck!

pcphorse118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By pcphorse118
Member since 2012 • 38 Posts

Despite all the glitches and problems with MP, I for one am still pleased with my purchase of MCC. The new graphics and textures make it feel like a new game and that allows me to overlook the problems with SP. MP on the other hand hasnt worked well for me so I dont even try.

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 Xisiuizado
Member since 2014 • 592 Posts

They need to scrap the MCC, rebuild it from the ground-up on a single engine, have only a single version of each game, etc. Once that is complete, give it away to Xbox Live Gold members while giving full refunds for digital purchases of the MCC. Oh, and the new collection should include Reach and ODST as well.

Unfortunately, people who bought hard copies of the MCC cannot get refunds, but at least they would have a fully functioning game. :)