Jasper Model RROD proof?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sinto619 (8 posts) -

Dunno whether this was discussed before, but currently, I have all current gen consoles cept' for the 360. For the past few weeks I've been on the idea of buying a 360, especially when gears 2 came out. 1 thing kept me from buying though, the damn RRODs. I don't like the idea of a console failing in the middle of gaming then waiting days or more for it to get fixed.

So then recently I heard and read about the jasper models being RROD proof. This may be the model I'd buy for myself but I need confirmation from Jasper owners whether it is really RROD proof or not, or atleast RRODs reduced to little to almost none.

#2 Posted by mike4realz (2572 posts) -
there's still the RROD but it is more reduced with the jasper chip
#3 Posted by nethernova (4245 posts) -
there's still the RROD but it is more reduced with the jasper chipmike4realz
And you know that why? Jasper just came out, so obviously there aren't RRODs yet. Probably in a year you will see if Jasper reduced the problem.
#4 Posted by tomizzo (217 posts) -
[QUOTE="mike4realz"]there's still the RROD but it is more reduced with the jasper chipnethernova
And you know that why? Jasper just came out, so obviously there aren't RRODs yet. Probably in a year you will see if Jasper reduced the problem.

It would have made more sense if you said, "And you know that how?" I highly doubt it will eliminate. They said the Falcon chip was going to solve the problem but it still happened to me.
#5 Posted by mike4realz (2572 posts) -
[QUOTE="mike4realz"]there's still the RROD but it is more reduced with the jasper chipnethernova

how do i know? the jasper chip is a gpu shrunken from 90nm to 65nm. which means same performance with less power = less heat which reduces more of the chances of getting RROD.
#6 Posted by ferreira1235 (45 posts) -

I guess that the Jasper motherboard will reduce a lot the odds of you getting RROD but like the others who posted here it´s gonna take some time before we can see some results.

Even if it just reduces the odds, I´m gonna buy one anyway this summer.

#7 Posted by ChrisGamer5757 (476 posts) -
I've got a Jasper model, 8 months and going strong
#8 Posted by ihaveabu (849 posts) -
if u look at the reliability of ps3, which is better than xbox 360's, they both have 65 nm chips now with the release of the jasper chip. with that said, ps3 will have 45nm chips in the summer, but that's a different story. jaspers will be a lot likely to rrod than the previous versions
#9 Posted by bradly_2795 (948 posts) -
Much less of a chance with it happening now with the smaller chip size, however there is still a likelyhood of it happening. However now would be one ofthe better times to buy one as the Jasper chipset is the newest and coolest so far. Good luck.
#10 Posted by capthavic (6478 posts) -
@topic as much as can be reasonably expected, Nothing is completely failure proof.
#11 Posted by ferreira1235 (45 posts) -

IHAVEABU actually the Jasper´s have less chances of having RROD because of the 65 nm they have makes them run cooler.

And I also heard that MS is also working on a 45 nm chip...

#12 Posted by joseangelhe (151 posts) -
Is there any way to know if I have the Jasper chip? I bought my Xbox 360 around September/October of last year.
#13 Posted by Tjeremiah1988 (16578 posts) -
at the end of the day 360 is still one of the most faultiest consoles every made. It is the 360's poor design.
#14 Posted by CrazyAK-47 (40 posts) -
I could help you fix your xbox just pm on Gamespot so i can give you advice.
#15 Posted by GANGSTASAN (2249 posts) -
I've got a Jasper model, 8 months and going strongChrisGamer5757
.... How can you have a jasper for 8 months? They were released during september/november 2008....
#16 Posted by ihaveabu (849 posts) -
[QUOTE="ferreira1235"]

IHAVEABU actually the Jasper´s have less chances of having RROD because of the 65 nm they have makes them run cooler.

And I also heard that MS is also working on a 45 nm chip...

thanks for repeating exactly what i said....
[QUOTE="ChrisGamer5757"]I've got a Jasper model, 8 months and going strongGANGSTASAN
.... How can you have a jasper for 8 months? They were released during september/november 2008....

lmao pwned
#17 Posted by Horgen (110912 posts) -
I doubt it is RROD proof, however I guess the problem is smaller because of smaller chip and generate less heat...
#18 Posted by soyt_llusala (289 posts) -
I think that you should wait for the LE bundle Resident Evil 5 Xbox 360. This should have the jasper and maybe an improvement of the arcade jaspers that came out lately.
#19 Posted by ry2k09 (1 posts) -
It may reduce it in time but it certainly hasnt fixed the RROD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t2Ur9UkI3w
#20 Posted by Hotwire246 (848 posts) -
There is no certain way to "fix" RROD. It can happen multiple ways. Making the console run cooler isnt a sure fire way to fix it. It can still overheat... Just not as easily. Its all circumstancial. And always will be.
#21 Posted by btiplling (200 posts) -

I know of a jasper system that hit RROD within a day of being purchased. I bought my Arcade Console replacement this week at best buy and got a 2 year in store exchange warranty with it. Get the warranty and at least you wont have to worry about it for 2 years.