(It is a Poll!) Should I Upgrade: White 360 up to Slim 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AlexTracy (76 posts) -

So I have had my 360 original since launch. God It has been awesome. So many memories! I really love it, but I can not help but feel like I'm missing out.

I am desperate for the wireless interenet, the hdmi, the huge hard drive, the sleek black look, and a change from the life-like jet engine sound that my XBOX 360's fan loves to reproduce.So what do those of you who have one, or who just have an opinion think about this?

#2 Posted by realguitarhero5 (3903 posts) -

If you have one that's so old it doesn't have HDMI, then by God go get a new one if you can afford it. It still plays the same games just as well, though. That's not something to get excited about.

#3 Posted by Lord_Terrapin (45 posts) -
If you want to sure why not but a wired connection is better than a wireless one.
#4 Posted by guitarsmash09 (105 posts) -

You should buy one, but do not buy it witch the Kinect, buy thr 320GB Xbox 360 slim. Kniect is a ripoff

#5 Posted by insane_metalist (6499 posts) -

If you need more space sure. HDMI is better though :)

#6 Posted by MarcRecon (6105 posts) -

Go for dude, I just picked up the 250g slim with 2 free games(Skyrim and Fonza) last week. My launch 360 bit the dust back in 2010 but I can't complain because I got 5yrs out of it....which is rare considering the failure rate for those models.

#7 Posted by jrorl63 (723 posts) -
I am desperate for the wireless interenet, the hdmi, the huge hard drive, the sleek black look, and a change from the life-like jet engine sound that my XBOX 360's fan loves to reproduce.So what do those of you who have one, or who just have an opinion think about this?AlexTracy
I think you kinda answered your own question right there. Especially since the holiday bundle is only like $200 or $250 for a 250 gig. That said, we will prolly either know about or have released the new xbox by this time next year
#8 Posted by realguitarhero5 (3903 posts) -
[QUOTE="AlexTracy"] I am desperate for the wireless interenet, the hdmi, the huge hard drive, the sleek black look, and a change from the life-like jet engine sound that my XBOX 360's fan loves to reproduce.So what do those of you who have one, or who just have an opinion think about this?jrorl63
I think you kinda answered your own question right there. Especially since the holiday bundle is only like $200 or $250 for a 250 gig. That said, we will prolly either know about or have released the new xbox by this time next year

Not next year, I don't think, but probably Holiday 2014.
#9 Posted by BiThBhE0 (1643 posts) -
Well if you have the money then go for it. Last year I bought the Limited Edition Gears console and love it. Wireless, HDMI, very quiet and don't have to worry about hard drive space anymore. I ended up just giving my old one to my cousin.
#10 Posted by guitarsmash09 (105 posts) -

Sorry for my bad grammar spelling, i was really tired when i posted. But do not buy the Kinect bundle, kill it before it lays eggs!

#11 Posted by AlexTracy (76 posts) -
trust me i know i have a kinect
#12 Posted by Habsrule31 (106 posts) -
Upgrade to a slim. I had the same question as you and I ended up going with the slim and I love it. Especially with Black Friday coming up you could get a sale which would even be better.
#13 Posted by AlexTracy (76 posts) -
Upgrade to a slim. I had the same question as you and I ended up going with the slim and I love it. Especially with Black Friday coming up you could get a sale which would even be better. Habsrule31
exactly what I planned on doing. If you visit best buy online and click on the preview of black friday link it shows they're having a $50 off sale on the slim holiday bundle. Although, It doesn't say anything about wether it's going to apply to online sales as well. If it does I will be a happy camper.
#14 Posted by Habsrule31 (106 posts) -
[QUOTE="Habsrule31"]Upgrade to a slim. I had the same question as you and I ended up going with the slim and I love it. Especially with Black Friday coming up you could get a sale which would even be better. AlexTracy
exactly what I planned on doing. If you visit best buy online and click on the preview of black friday link it shows they're having a $50 off sale on the slim holiday bundle. Although, It doesn't say anything about wether it's going to apply to online sales as well. If it does I will be a happy camper.

Well for your sake I hope it applies to you because I really love the slim. Hope you end up getting the console !
#15 Posted by AlexTracy (76 posts) -

[QUOTE="AlexTracy"][QUOTE="Habsrule31"]Upgrade to a slim. I had the same question as you and I ended up going with the slim and I love it. Especially with Black Friday coming up you could get a sale which would even be better. Habsrule31

Well for your sake I hope it applies to you because I really love the slim. Hope you end up getting the console !

thanks dude! me too.

#16 Posted by GamerZem (539 posts) -

Definitely upgrade.

#17 Posted by Store24 (1146 posts) -

The next Gen Xbox will be out for the Holiday season 2013. Just buy a bigger HD and wait. Its not like you are going to be able to play any more games or run any more apps. Its the very same thing just newer. It would be a total waste of money. And I have a new slim by the way so I'm not one of those people telling you this because I dont have one.