Is xbox 360 can play mp3 music cd?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by orrytur (1632 posts) -
Is xbox 360 can play mp3 music cd?
#2 Posted by orrytur (1632 posts) -
anyone?
#3 Posted by Bonez_Mahoney (1210 posts) -

Is xbox 360 can play mp3 music cd?orrytur

Sadly no. It will only play in .wav format if you're ripping music onto the 360. This is a flaw i hope gets addressed eventually, but who knows, it may very well be quite intentional. Also, the only way to rip music is actually from a CD. I wish you could just move stuff off an iPOD or a Flashdrive, and even better if in .mp3 or even .wma format, but again, no. Right now, .wav only and has to be ripped from a CD to get it on there. Unless i've completely missed a memo ;)

#4 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15034 posts) -
It plays MP3 and/or WMA files.
#5 Posted by stormtrooper32 (2235 posts) -
Your question makes no sense...
#6 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15034 posts) -

[QUOTE="orrytur"]Is xbox 360 can play mp3 music cd?Bonez_Mahoney

Sadly no. It will only play in .wav format if you're ripping music onto the 360. This is a flaw i hope gets addressed eventually, but who knows, it may very well be quite intentional. Also, the only way to rip music is actually from a CD. I wish you could just move stuff off an iPOD or a Flashdrive, and even better if in .mp3 or even .wma format, but again, no. Right now, .wav only and has to be ripped from a CD to get it on there. Unless i've completely missed a memo ;)

Well on the xbox website it says: The Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system handles a range of optical media besides games, from DVD movies and audio CDs to recordable CDs filled with compressed-audio files (MP3 and/or WMA) and image files (JPEG). It even plays mixed-media discs containing a selection of all three of these digital media formats.
#7 Posted by orrytur (1632 posts) -
i use nero to make music cd but wich one is the best?'' make audio cd'', ''make mp3 cd'' and ''make WMA cd'' wich ones best?
#8 Posted by orrytur (1632 posts) -
i use nero to make music cd but wich one is the best?'' make audio cd'', ''make mp3 cd'' and ''make WMA cd'' wich ones best?
#9 Posted by orrytur (1632 posts) -
hello?
#10 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15034 posts) -
Someone else posted in this topic that he had trouble ripping MP3 files so since we know for a fact that WMA files work just use them if you can.
#11 Posted by PacBoy23 (9505 posts) -
im pretty sure it can play mp3s but it just cant save them to the hard drive
#12 Posted by xXl_Element_lXx (379 posts) -
Yes yU can....yu can Download them onto yur harddrive n sh!t