is there really going to be a NEW Halo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jvmva (433 posts) -

ive been hearing that there going to make a halo 4 and then some other people say that they finished the fight and there not making another halo. personally i think that they should make another new halo, maybe Halo 4.

#2 Posted by ToastedOnion (39 posts) -

ive been hearing that there going to make a halo 4 and then some other people say that they finished the fight and there not making another halo. personally i think that they should make another new halo, maybe Halo 4.

jvmva

Well i dont care i am just waiting for Prey 2

#3 Posted by destinhpark (4756 posts) -

They will, but it surely won't be called halo.

coughmarathoncough.

#4 Posted by theonlyGAMESTER (560 posts) -
There could be a star wars approach? anyway, I think Bungie is going to be pursueing other series for now and completing halo wars, the one game most people don't realize as the game that made halo(cancelled to produce halo FPS).
#5 Posted by Xphirinon (71 posts) -
they are making halo wars which is an RTS which i think is set before the covenant attack
#6 Posted by ViVaLaMaTT (11438 posts) -

jvmva
No they arn't making a Halo 4, Emseble studios is making a halo rts "Halo wars" and Bungie is making a new halo type game (maybe) with peter jackson, it won't be halo 4. It could be like halo, but definitely not halo 4.
#7 Posted by forgetwatyahear (6260 posts) -

coughmarathoncough.

destinhpark
COUGH MARATHON COUGH
#8 Posted by Aerosmith_Lova (684 posts) -
probably (at least i hope), but if there is, it's probably going to be called something else
#9 Posted by iboo01 (2784 posts) -

coughmarathoncough.

COUGH MARATHON COUGH

i completely forgot about that

#10 Posted by mtgamedude (15 posts) -
They are making a Halo Wars
#11 Posted by dkdk999 (6741 posts) -

jvmva
not halo 4 but it will continue at the end on legendary you can see mastercheif and cortana and there ship flying down to this other planet basicly telling the next game with mastercheif is he will be stranded on this planet i think
#12 Posted by rajeev101 (368 posts) -
Apparently a new halo game (different from the story of master chief) is going to be made with Bungie and i think i heard Peter Jackon....i heard this on GT TV the GDC episode go check it out....at gametrailers.com
#13 Posted by forgetwatyahear (6260 posts) -
[QUOTE="jvmva"]

dkdk999
not halo 4 but it will continue at the end on legendary you can see mastercheif and cortana and there ship flying down to this other planet basicly telling the next game with mastercheif is he will be stranded on this planet i think

COUGH THE GAME IS CALLED MARATHON COUGH it's was one of bungies earliest games and i beleve halo and marathon are in the same universe.
#14 Posted by DaKidLiLJ (842 posts) -
An inside developer at Microsoft has said that most likely bungie will not be doing anymore Halo projects...so whatever developer takes over is going to screw it up more than it already is with part 3...:D...if anyone has GameInformer issue 176 of December 2007...on page 22-23 you will see what I am referencing to...
#15 Posted by Demeritus (269 posts) -
basically bungie is in talks with microsoft about some games that could be halo games and they are also seeing if they are the "right developer" which i hope Microsoft isnt dumb enough to not have bungie develop future halo games
#17 Posted by st3wi3 (367 posts) -

basically bungie is in talks with microsoft about some games that could be halo games and they are also seeing if they are the "right developer" which i hope Microsoft isnt dumb enough to not have bungie develop future halo gamesDemeritus

its probably just a mere formality that microsoft's policy dictates. I dont see how they could let someone else develop a halo shooter.

#18 Posted by KGrimm03 (527 posts) -
if there is a new halo they would have to make another 3 of them.
#19 Posted by katamari_roller (33 posts) -
There's Halo Wars, but I don't think there's going to be a Halo 4.
#20 Posted by jimmyobo (217 posts) -
it'll probably be some off beat story about the spartan lll program (Ghosts of Onyx)
#21 Posted by GameMasterCraig (630 posts) -
Halo Wars, YEAH! I like the Halo series and all but enoughs enough. The title: Final Fight means final.
#22 Posted by juicenpancakes (700 posts) -
There is "Lego Halo" announced made by Bungie... check this months issue of EGM, maybe thats what youre thinking of