Is there a way to reset a game's acheivements for my XBL profile?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KingsGambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 KingsGambit
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Hi all, I'm hoping some folks may know the answer to this. When Mass Effect first came out, I starting playing it on my (new!) 360 and either completed a first playthru or got as near as. During the game I'd unlocked many acheivements but as a 360 newbie, I didn't know an XBL profile from an offline one. In the middle of that play thru, I signed up to XBL Silver and although I kept my save games, all the acheivements I'd unlocked were gone from my XBL profile.

Currently, I'm playing thru again (finishing off a 2nd playthru I left way back when) and despite killing Geth left and right and having 999999999 credits, I don't have the acheivements for those. If I started a totally new game, would I be able to re-earn those I lost in the transition? Or is there a way to 'reset' the count or some such? Would i need to delete my save games?

I'm most grateful for your helpful advice, with my thanks in advance.

PS. I also lost acheivements AND save games from Time Shift. Never picked it up again since :-Þ

dub14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dub14
Member since 2008 • 497 Posts

yes

KingsGambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KingsGambit

Thank you for the reply, but I'm not sure but part of my post you're answering 'yes' too :? Perhaps you could elaborate a little? Thanks again.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
This happens so people don't get achievements from other peoples game saves. You should've just turned the profile you unlocked the Mass Effect achievements on into the silver account. The problem is the original save originates from a different profile. I don't know if making new saves will fix your problem because I think I remember reading people who lose achievements through this save game thing can never unlock the achievements again.
Dordledum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dordledum
Member since 2009 • 1754 Posts

there is a way to merge both your profiles, I did a while ago when i had the same problem (had an offline account with gamerscore and went live, but had to make anew account, so merging accounts was in order).

I don't really recall how, but it was some hassle, and not free. costs 800 ms points.

This link was part of the process, but there was more to it.

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox360/xboxlive/myaccount/profiles/changeyourprofilename.aspx

Sorry, but my google-fu isn't up to date, to tell you all. You might wanna do a search of your own.

KingsGambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KingsGambit

Thank you again for the replies. In honesty, I thought I had turned my old offline profile into the online one back then, though I can't say for sure. There's no evidence my old profile existed anymore, but I do remember having to pick a different handle for XBL than I'd used for my offline profile. I guess one test would be to start a new game of ME and try to get one I'm missing. Or perhaps I could move all my old saves/profiles associated with it on to a memory card (for safekeeping), erase it all from my 360 HDD and try it that way.

I'd wonder then if the perks different acheivements offer in ME (5% more damage, etc) require that info to be in your profile, or if having the ach. unlocked on my online profile is enough evidence. Such an annoying problem either way, tho I believe I understand how and why it came about. If only there were some sorta 'Reset Locked Acheivements" ability for any given game via the dashboard. It wouldn't affect unlocked ones, just reset the counts of the unearned.

TuRb0SxxT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TuRb0SxxT
Member since 2009 • 575 Posts

this is odd to me cause it seemed that when i turned my offline into a live it transfered everything, it was 2 years ago so I don't recall how it was done, sorry. I would think that since your offline profile is gone that it would've merged.