Is sleeping dogs good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dsanch3z77 (4 posts) -
I'm trying to think of games to ask for for Christmas... Asking for Black Ops 2 for sure and wanted another one at least. I looked up the reviews and videos for Sleeping Dogs and I heard that it was fun, reminds me of GTA. How is it and are there any other recommendations of games to get?
#2 Posted by ristactionjakso (5730 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3, and Darksiders 2 are among my personal best games this year.

If you like GTA, then you will like this game. But Sleeping Dogs has a better storyline, a far better main character, has a combat system similar to Arkham City but you can also grab guys and slam their heads into fans outside resturants or shut their face in a car door. It can get awesomely brutal. I say buy it.

#3 Posted by megadeth1117 (1830 posts) -

It's a very solid action game, with it's main flaw being it's length.

#4 Posted by dsanch3z77 (4 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3, and Darksiders 2 are among my personal best games this year.

If you like GTA, then you will like this game. But Sleeping Dogs has a better storyline, a far better main character, has a combat system similar to Arkham City but you can also grab guys and slam their heads into fans outside resturants or shut their face in a car door. It can get awesomely brutal. I say buy it.

ristactionjakso
I just watched the video review for Darksiders 2 and that looked really cool as well. Also, how short is Sleeping Dogs? Is there any replay value after beating the main story line/any side missions like GTA? I haven't played much for games lately so I've been trying to find good ones that have been released recently. I just started playing Skyrim finally and I was obsessed with it for a long time and now still play quite a bit. Any good games similar to that?
#5 Posted by ristactionjakso (5730 posts) -

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

dsanch3z77

I just watched the video review for Darksiders 2 and that looked really cool as well. Also, how short is Sleeping Dogs? Is there any replay value after beating the main story line/any side missions like GTA? I haven't played much for games lately so I've been trying to find good ones that have been released recently. I just started playing Skyrim finally and I was obsessed with it for a long time and now still play quite a bit. Any good games similar to that?

There is a ton of side things to do. I have about 14 hours of playing and maybe just under halfway through the campaign because I do a lot of other things to get money and buy new things. I think if you rushed through the story you could complete it in 15 hours or so, but thats rushing jus the story. I dont know if you can just mess around after the story. I think if I stopped doing side things and continued with the story I could finish it at about the 20 hr mark.

Darksiders 2 is awesome and so is #1. Darksiders could last anywhere from 25-35 hrs depending on how many side things you do. Maybe even more.

Far Cry 3 is essentially Skyrim with guns, but my personal opinion is its better than Skyrim. Tons of things to do in Far Cry 3.

#6 Posted by Blabadon (26359 posts) -
Yep, it's amazing. If you ever see me on another forum I always talk about it. Pure fun.
#7 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

It is one of my top games this year, very enjoyable and fun. As with any large scale open world sandbox game, it does have the occasional issue with clipping or mechanics, but the fighting mechanics are nearly on par with Batman's fighting mechanics, while it is also beautiful and just full of things to do.

#8 Posted by sukraj (22861 posts) -

Yes sleeping dogs is a real sweet game.

#9 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

megadeth1117

Is it too short or too long? I am also looking for more info on it. Thanks

#10 Posted by megadeth1117 (1830 posts) -

[QUOTE="megadeth1117"]

EvilSelf

Quite short. Maybe 20 hours to finish up everything but the collectibles. It's a very solid game, but I don't think it's worth purchasing unless you find it for $20.

#11 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
I could only play like 10 mins of it, its not my kind of game, but im not gonna say its bad or good.
#12 Posted by BiohazardBeach (3 posts) -
its a good game
#13 Posted by dsanch3z77 (4 posts) -
Awesome thanks for all the feedback everyone. I've heard alot about far cry 3 here and from other people so I may look into that too. What other good releases have their been of RPG/Action Adventure games within the last year or so?
#14 Posted by megadeth1117 (1830 posts) -

Awesome thanks for all the feedback everyone. I've heard alot about far cry 3 here and from other people so I may look into that too. What other good releases have their been of RPG/Action Adventure games within the last year or so?dsanch3z77

If you haven't already played it, grab the Mass Effect Trilogy.

If you're looking for a straight-up action game, look no further than Max Payne 3. $15 here.

#15 Posted by ristactionjakso (5730 posts) -

Awesome thanks for all the feedback everyone. I've heard alot about far cry 3 here and from other people so I may look into that too. What other good releases have their been of RPG/Action Adventure games within the last year or so?dsanch3z77
Arkham City.

#16 Posted by CTR360 (7087 posts) -
its great game for me i enjoy sleeping dogs
#17 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

[QUOTE="megadeth1117"]

megadeth1117

Quite short. Maybe 20 hours to finish up everything but the collectibles. It's a very solid game, but I don't think it's worth purchasing unless you find it for $20.

Thanks for the info! It looks like i will wait for a price drop then.

#18 Posted by Blabadon (26359 posts) -
Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Do not flinch at all about buying this game, it's worth every penny.
#19 Posted by skooks (1411 posts) -
[QUOTE="dsanch3z77"]Awesome thanks for all the feedback everyone. I've heard alot about far cry 3 here and from other people so I may look into that too. What other good releases have their been of RPG/Action Adventure games within the last year or so?Blabadon
Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Do not flinch at all about buying this game, it's worth every penny.

+1 for Deus Ex, what an incredible game.
#20 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

I can tell you I'm about 10 hours into the game and I'm LOVING it. Excellent story, voice acting and combat bring together a great new ip and open world game. Considering you can get it online for $30 now i would highly suggest any fan to give it a try.

#21 Posted by sukraj (22861 posts) -

I can tell you I'm about 10 hours into the game and I'm LOVING it. Excellent story, voice acting and combat bring together a great new ip and open world game. Considering you can get it online for $30 now i would highly suggest any fan to give it a try.

immortality20

i payed full wack for the game but i dont regret it one little bit.