Is M$ finally getting their shit together?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

its been a rough start and a bumpy ride but is microsoft finally getting their crap together? how are the sales numbers? and can we expect a big 2015?

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Sales numbers I don't care about. Now the usefulness of the product when compared to other options within the same market is something that should be considered. And personally I don't see the need for the product other then to bring more competition to the playing field which is all ways a good thing. Other then that It's not very practical of a machine when I can do more and on better hardware on other similar devices for close to the same price tag. And If I really wanted to get a almost on par experience with zero care of cost I'd just go buy me a Razer gaming tablet, as though expensive they play games on par with what seems to be coming out for the Xbox one. So more diversity in apps and games available, and the damn thing is portable allowing me to play on the go or in my crapper, which is far better then a stationary box, though it will cost you $1500.

Ya I don't see any shit being gotten together. I see a company that released a weak tablet like machine in the hopes of being the next big box above the tv, the one to outshine the cable box, multimedia machines and the games systems, by combining them all. So far that hasn't worked out and all that's left is a box with weak hardware and a knack for taking to long to do anything in particular. With a company still trying to pick up it's pieces fumbling again and again, unable to even get a signature series to release without major issue, or to keep up on previous promises (Tv shows and series canceled?) it's hard to say they've done enough to justify a pat on the back yet. Microsoft hasn't been doing well as a whole. Their last two major consumer releases were a complete disaster and I'm not talking their about their horrid phones and app stores. Both the xbox one and windows 8 speak wonders with how lost the company was and still is as they try to redefine and redesign or scrap all together the work they've done over the last 5 years in the hopes of making something people think is actually worth buying. Will have to wait and see how windows 10 turns out, seems to be a step back in the right direction. Waiting to see how it all works out as I might end up just being a linux guy if it turns out I don't again like their direction for the future of desktop computing, as the last vision was horrid on so many levels.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

The Xbox One is a decent system and the bumpy start is just water under the bridge now. As for sales the X1 will be fine as long as MS keeps pumping out the big exclusives and Phil Spenser all ready said that there will be plenty of games. I don't see a problem here.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

They seem to be on track, things should continue getting better from here.

MortisPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 MortisPenguin
Member since 2014 • 172 Posts

2015 will be a good year for the Xbox One.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6  Edited By Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Microsoft seems to have sorted out the first year disaster launch. Now they seem more focused on games. Xbox one at least managed to overtake Wii U in the first year. So now if the deliver on having great games for Xbox one. Then they will have turned things around for 2015

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

Oh, that's so clever using a $ for an S. The 90s want their joke back. It's time to think of something new.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56229 Posts

@busterfriendly said:

Oh, that's so clever using a $ for an S. The 90s want their joke back. It's time to think of something new.

Like what?

willre00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 willre00
Member since 2012 • 158 Posts

Yeah I'd say they are. For a while I was not happy but I think they've really stepped it up.