Is it a good time to buy a Xbox 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for qoakzmwisjxneud
qoakzmwisjxneud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 qoakzmwisjxneud
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts
I dont think its a good time, caz ppl are talking about a new one coming out?
will it cost more
 i only have analog tvs' so i dont need a hdmi port
 also are lots of bugs fixed now,
do they still occasionally break down
 how long is the warrenty
 will there be a price drop when the new xbox comes out or any price drop whenever.
have the good games on xbox stopped coming out now? or is the library still xpanding with great games

thnx heaps

ps. can you take out the harddrive and put it in a computer and save all the files you want, maybe even some game, and then put it back into your 360 and look at them?
budorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 budorz
Member since 2003 • 1406 Posts
Hard Drive - No Price Drop - No Bugs Fixed - Yes Warrenty - 1 year (can be extended) New 360 will run cooler, and have Ben-Q DVD drives which they say faster/smoother loading times and quieter.. Thats all I know of
Matthew_Kaeser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Matthew_Kaeser
Member since 2002 • 13493 Posts
I think it is safe to say that it will be several years for the next generation of Xbox is available. And as far as the HDD goes, just network your 360 to home network and easily stream music and videos directly from your PC. You can also extend a Windows Media Center PC to your 360.
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts
finding a good bundle will be somewhat like a price drop imo, there are some good deals out there. i would say the reliability is improved. there are many good games, no need to worry about that.
tF_x_CamPeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tF_x_CamPeR
Member since 2006 • 217 Posts
Yea There are Amazing games out now and there are more coming all year
weijie86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 weijie86
Member since 2006 • 219 Posts
thinking of getting either a PS3 or XBox360...not a fanboy of any system,though I do own a Ps2 and I think its great...what do you guys say.....(just asking for opinion.. :) )
njdss4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 njdss4
Member since 2003 • 2721 Posts
Wait for the 360s new model or find a good bundle. I say wait for the new model, but who knows what kind of problems it might have.
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cellien
Member since 2004 • 2280 Posts
thinking of getting either a PS3 or XBox360...not a fanboy of any system,though I do own a Ps2 and I think its great...what do you guys say.....(just asking for opinion.. :) )weijie86
Have you seen the game line up for PS3? No matter who you are, you have to admit that the line up sucks.. Most of the really good games arent supposed to arrive till either late 07 or 08.. MGS4 for ex is supposed to come out in 08. 360 already has tons of awesome games, and more really awesome ones coming out this year like Halo 3, Mass Effect, Crackdown... I 100% say 360.. but ya know, its my opinion. :)
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Anyone who doesn't have a 360 yet is just missing out on Xbox Live and all the games such as Gears of War which truly define what games should be. Just get the 360 already, at least you get a 1 year warranty so why wait and miss out on these great games?
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
I just bought one, so why not.
Trippinskott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Trippinskott
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts
Well since about November 21st of 2005... It's been a good time to buy one. I've had mine since January 2006, not one problem. No heating problems, No disc read errors, No red circles, Nothing. Prices won't drop until sometime after Christmas 2007, because apparently 2007 will be the year for when the "Next-Gen" gaming consoles will prove themselves and the clear winner will emerge. So if Microsoft will update or improve the XBox 360, it will be closer to Christas '07. So just get one now. It's worth it.
LuigiLogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LuigiLogik
Member since 2005 • 1320 Posts
[QUOTE="budorz"]Hard Drive - No Price Drop - No Bugs Fixed - Yes Warrenty - 1 year (can be extended) New 360 will run cooler, and have Ben-Q DVD drives which they say faster/smoother loading times and quieter.. Thats all I know of

I think the one your talking about is already out... well at least the one with Ben-Q DVD ... i think all the ones 2007 on have them in... the New one is supposed to be for those that plane on downloading a lot of HD movies and shows... if you have mediocre internet then don't bother waiting and get one now..great games are already out now(Gears, RB6 , Oblivion, Lost Planet) and more are coming soon (crackdown , Mass Effect, Bio Shock, Halo 3 , GTaIV, project Offset, etc etc)