Is dead island Goty worth it at $20?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bluski (322 posts) -

Is it worth it? Why do people dislike the game?

#2 Posted by almasdeathchild (8922 posts) -

20$? hell yeah

i though the game was amazing.and fun spend as much time on it alone and with buds as i did on borderlands

i highly req it man

#3 Posted by daniel79 (236 posts) -

I dont personally know anyone who played it and disliked it. I just rebought the 360 GOTY myself for £15 on Amazon. Bargain.

#4 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18415 posts) -
$20 is a steal.. great game. I bought it new for $60 and it was worth it at that price. You get it for $20 with the extra content.. stop reading and go buy it.
#5 Posted by Sonysosupreme (75 posts) -
Yes, greatest co op zombie game out there
#6 Posted by ehacala (314 posts) -

This is a great game and I am on my second play through. Really, really fun with a group of friends.

#7 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -

Bluski
If you don't have friends to play with, it's gonna suck. Game can get really dry...
#8 Posted by Schreek (1636 posts) -

It is definitely worth it at that price. It is a fun game.

#9 Posted by almasdeathchild (8922 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bluski"]

chilly-chill

If you don't have friends to play with, it's gonna suck. Game can get really dry...

BS

#10 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -

[QUOTE="chilly-chill"][QUOTE="Bluski"]

almasdeathchild

BS

Not really, a lot of the game gets really repetitive.
#11 Posted by almasdeathchild (8922 posts) -

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

[QUOTE="chilly-chill"] If you don't have friends to play with, it's gonna suck. Game can get really dry...chilly-chill

BS

yea every game is repetitive just depends on how long you can stand it

#12 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -

[QUOTE="chilly-chill"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]BS

almasdeathchild

Maybe, but this one stands out more than others with side quests that are essentially the same. I don`t think I have ever been so bored playing a game before, and don`t even get me started on the sewer levels....
#13 Posted by Killrnut (119 posts) -
Had a real good time with dead island. $20 for both DLC packs? Yeah, snatch it up.
#14 Posted by gagit811 (3613 posts) -
[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

[QUOTE="chilly-chill"] Not really, a lot of the game gets really repetitive.chilly-chill

Maybe, but this one stands out more than others with side quests that are essentially the same. I don`t think I have ever been so bored playing a game before, and don`t even get me started on the sewer levels....

We are all entitled to our opinion. I really loved the game, I played a good deal of the game alone and it got better once I got a party going. The game is really repetitive and I can see someone's point of getting bored with it. What drove me was leveling up and finding and creating new weapons, but once beat the game I never went back for more.
#16 Posted by lenson (2515 posts) -

I've played it. I personally didn't really care for it.

The melee system was really hard to get use to in terms of depth perception.

For example, it felt as though thugs had an abnormal reach. I played as Logan and it would be really annoying when you get hit cause you would fly back and hit the ground. It was always so difficult because there were plenty of times I was sure I was out of reach and I would still get hit and other times where I thought I was close enough but still couldn't hit them. It got to the point where whenever I went up against those enemies I would just chuck a deo bomb at them.

Overall I think the biggest problem for me was that I just couldn't get into the story and setting and so it just got old too quick for me. I pretty much got it cause I had finished most of the great open world games and was looking for another, but zombies really are not my thing. If you really like zombie games, George Romero, etc. you may like it.

Plus there is a lot of content so at 20 dollars it really is a great deal.