is anyone looking forward to dead island 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

davidguitar20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 davidguitar20
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I love dead island 1 and dead island riptide, those are amazing games. dead island 2 looks like its gonna be epic, set in 3 cities in california with lots of new weapons and new ways to customize them. lots of new challenging zombies and 8 player coop. the game is being made by the makers of spec ops the line so dead island 2 is in good hands. what are your thoughts?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Not as much as I looked forward to Dying Light, but looking forward to it nonetheless.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Eh, I guess I'll check it out if I have nothing else to play when it comes out, but I can't say I'm super excited for it. Wasn't the biggest fan of Dead Island, and I just recently finished Dying Light which I found pretty average to be honest. We'll see though.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I must admit I thought Techland did a better job with Dead Island than Dying Light, though Dying Light is far less glitchy than the Dead Island games were at launch. But one thing I liked about the original Dead Island games was how varied the environments felt. You start at the resort, you make your way into more varied environments as the game goes on, the city, the sewers, the prison. Thing about Dying Light is the environment pretty much felt monotonous, but I still enjoyed it, not as much as Dead Island games but still enjoyable nonetheless.

Now, it'll be interesting to see where a different studio can take Dead Island and how they'll attempt to build on the franchise. I'm sure it'll be entirely different than the previous games but this game certainly has my attention.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

Though I will admit that Dying Light was hell of a fun game and more like a super upgrade Dead Island. As much as I enjoy Dead Island and Riptide, I'm more interested to see what Dead Island 2 will bring to the table then what Dying Light did.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

After playing dying light it's going to be hard to go back to dead island. The go anywhere parkour element gives you a true since of freedom. Being grounding in DR2 will seem like a step backwards. Also the game looks likes it's taking a dear rising approach with it not taking itself serious and more comedy.

Give me a zombie game more like the walking dead like dying light would be awesome, but no one wants to make that game sigh.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BattleSpectre

@gagit811 said:

After playing dying light it's going to be hard to go back to dead island. The go anywhere parkour element gives you a true since of freedom. Being grounding in DR2 will seem like a step backwards. Also the game looks likes it's taking a dear rising approach with it not taking itself serious and more comedy.

Give me a zombie game more like the walking dead like dying light would be awesome, but no one wants to make that game sigh.

That's exactly another reason I can't be excited for it. I don't like zombie-type games that don't take themselves seriously, it takes away the atmosphere for me. But I guess some people enjoy that type of thing.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm not sure if I will be getting dead island 2 I need to see some gameplay before I decide if i'll be getting the game.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

No, I don't think they will change much. Although I did enjoy riptide for a few hours

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sukraj

Maybe we will see more of the game at E3.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BattleSpectre

@sukraj said:

I'm not sure if I will be getting dead island 2 I need to see some gameplay before I decide if i'll be getting the game.

There's some gameplay for the game on YouTube already, might be worth a look.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sukraj

@BattleSpectre said:

@sukraj said:

There's some gameplay for the game on YouTube already, might be worth a look.

Thanks i'll check it out mate.