Infinity Ward vs. Treyarch

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheDirtyMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 TheDirtyMoose
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

In my opinion I think Treyarch makes better CoD games because they tend to take a more serious and realistic route in development while IW seems to make sure their games are 100% unbelievable and frustrating.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Treyarch is a bad dev that can only make a decent game by riding on someone's coattails

They are the luckiest dev around, they're unable to do anything on their own and got to piggyback on Infinity Ward. Now with the whole Activision is evil mess they get to use everything Infinity Ward made to make another sub par game that's only redeeming quality will be the work other people did.

THey completely suck at storytelling and have to resort to cheap gimmicks like zombies to make people forget about the horrible story they just played through

me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

I liked IW until they made MW2 and ruined CoD. Teryarch only copies what IW does but they seem to be trying with the new one, not that it matters to me, I'm done with CoD.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

First i liked infinity ward but for know i like treyarch.

Stupid MW2...

Avatar image for ace-of-spades93
ace-of-spades93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 ace-of-spades93
Member since 2008 • 2456 Posts
Don't particularly care for either if i'm honest. Back in the days I was blown away by CoD2 and then again by 4. But their charms have worn thin after a number of years and almost unoticable change "/
Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Foulcry
Member since 2008 • 960 Posts

Treyarch Sucks, TC you do realize that Call of Duty is IW's. Treyarch just uses IW tools to make their Call of Duty games. They copy and paste thats it. I hope the Call of Duty franchise fails without IW and I hope Activision burns to the ground while Bobby dueschbag is in it lol.

_Doomsayer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _Doomsayer_
Member since 2008 • 18616 Posts
Neither. The Call of Duty gameplay is bland no matter who makes the game.
Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts

I liked IW until they made MW2 and ruined CoD. Teryarch only copies what IW does but they seem to be trying with the new one, not that it matters to me, I'm done with CoD.

me_rock
Pretty much this
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Infinity Ward is over rated. See below.

Treyarch is a bad dev that can only make a decent game by riding on someone's coattails

They are the luckiest dev around, they're unable to do anything on their own and got to piggyback on Infinity Ward. Now with the whole Activision is evil mess they get to use everything Infinity Ward made to make another sub par game that's only redeeming quality will be the work other people did.

THey completely suck at storytelling and have to resort to cheap gimmicks like zombies to make people forget about the horrible story they just played through

Jaysonguy
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#10 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
They've both made some great games. I'd say Infinity Ward is better for the most part, but not a whole lot better.
narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

how could you compare the creators of a game with the guys that only take others work and make new games

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

Infinity Ward...because Treyarch is just building upon what IW has already created.

rickatick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 rickatick
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts
Infinity ward, treyarch has done nothing good for the series except zombies, which is nothing special imo.
Gaming_WIz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 Gaming_WIz
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts

I really like both of them. My favortite entries from the two developers are CoD2:Big Red One on PS2 from Treyarch, and CoD: MW2 from Infinity Ward.

I loved Big Red One because the campaign was so incredble. And I loved the characters. I was sad when they died, and it was great to feel that kind of connection to those characters. I love Infinity Ward cuase their Multiplayer is really fun.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#15 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Cod 2 and 4 were terrific games so I vote for Infy, even though MW2 was garbage :P.

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

I liked the IW versions more..but i've given up on CoD...and most FPS's in general..

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Treyarch only uses the tools IW gave them to create carbon-copy cash ins for activision. They can't program veteran difficulty if their life depended on it and rely on the oldest tricks in the book to make their games hard.

SoF-Rambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SoF-Rambo
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts

It's funny that some of these posts are just saying that Treyarch copied what IW had done, and that the Story was garbage.

1. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? Plus, Treyarch added the "Brutality of War". A first for any Call of Duty.

2. If sneaking through a ruined Stalingrad, nearly getting burned to death, and making one of the most dramatic escapes I have ever seen in CoD, is garbage to you, you really need to re-evaluate your priorities as a gamer.

Oh, and a 4 Player Co-op, and 4 Player Zombies mode will always top the Stale, feels-like-a-last-second-addition taste that is 2 Player Spec Ops.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I liked both, but now that Infinity Ward has lost their big players, I don't know if I'll ever like they're stuff again. Treyarch is a great developer, but I wish they wouldn't sell out and become the Call of Duty studio. I'd like to see some new IPs from them.

Baxter48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Baxter48
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts

After seeing the spawn system in MW2 I vote for Treyarch.

BlueCoopsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BlueCoopsy
Member since 2008 • 996 Posts

WaW for me is the best COD so far, thanks mainly to Nazi Zombies and the really compelling single player.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
Infinity Ward is far better. Treyarch doesn't know how to be creative.
DvnDrgnXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DvnDrgnXD
Member since 2006 • 530 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Well, I could say you suck at having an imagination and storytelling and thus the reason you need to play games. Why reinvent the wheel? Both studios have the same amount of quality when it comes to storytelling. I can admit, however, that IW has better set pieces, but storytelling, no. Zombies wasnt a cheap gimmick. People likes it. People loved it. And they continue to do so. IW side game Spec Ops was worse than Zombies in my opinion. I have barely played it due to the lack of matchmaking, which Treyarch kindly provided us. Why re-invent the wheel? I like that they follow IW foot steps, it stops them from making another CoD3, now we all know we dont want another one of those. Gve them credit where credit is due. I HIGHLY doubt you could create something as good and polished. And atleast Treyarch generally knows how to keep the glitches to a minimum. Maybe IW should follow their footsteps this one time.
Suicide-Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#24 Suicide-Panda
Member since 2009 • 583 Posts

Funny thing is, you're all ripping on Treyarch, saying they are rubbish and all, but the majority of you haters will probably buy it regardless....

Oh and I Like Both Developers :)

SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#25 SSBMFighter
Member since 2005 • 3797 Posts

I believe that both devs are subpar at best. CoD2 was amazing, CoD MW2, horrible. World at War was only played for Nazi Zombies. But if I had to pick I'd say IW is alittle better.

DvnDrgnXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DvnDrgnXD

I believe that both devs are subpar at best. CoD2 was amazing, CoD MW2, horrible. World at War was only played for Nazi Zombies. But if I had to pick I'd say IW is alittle better.

SSBMFighter
I highly doubt people bought it JUST for Zombies. It wasnt even unlocked until you beat the game and a lot of people were not even aware of Zombies. I bought WaW because stupid me thought there would be Xbox LIVE MP co-op (like CoD3). But then I played co-op campaign, which was fun, competing and co-op in the same mode. CoD2 WAS amazing. The community is small now. Obviously, they moved on to bigger and better things.
max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

neither

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

infinity ward ftw imo.

sehr gut modern warfare....

HawkEye1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HawkEye1997
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
I like both but Ifinity Ward is cooler and better
Tsuanthony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tsuanthony
Member since 2009 • 909 Posts

yay for treyarch :D

although it's not very original >_> ( they really should take some risks) they still take what they are given and build off of that, making it better :)

W@W was well done, fun modes, and they realize the importance of split screen co-op full campaign..

when we want co-op we don't want any lame seperate spec ops level -__-

Smurkeysmurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Smurkeysmurk
Member since 2010 • 87 Posts

Call of duty WaW sucked. Call of duty 4 was the best call of duty game in the series. Infinity Wards is better I think treyarch should start on something new.

Smurkeysmurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Smurkeysmurk
Member since 2010 • 87 Posts

Funny thing is, you're all ripping on Treyarch, saying they are rubbish and all, but the majority of you haters will probably buy it regardless....

Oh and I Like Both Developers :)

Suicide-Panda

After playing WaW I am not buying a call of duty game made by treyarch. You have my word.

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

When Black Ops comes out we should all protest in front of Treyarch HQ for more oringenal CoDs.

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 metroidprime55

I wish I had playd CoD 4 when I had the chance, I got WaW instead.:cry:

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 metroidprime55

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

DvnDrgnXD

Well, I could say you suck at having an imagination and storytelling and thus the reason you need to play games. Why reinvent the wheel? Both studios have the same amount of quality when it comes to storytelling. I can admit, however, that IW has better set pieces, but storytelling, no. Zombies wasnt a cheap gimmick. People likes it. People loved it. And they continue to do so. IW side game Spec Ops was worse than Zombies in my opinion. I have barely played it due to the lack of matchmaking, which Treyarch kindly provided us. Why re-invent the wheel? I like that they follow IW foot steps, it stops them from making another CoD3, now we all know we dont want another one of those. Gve them credit where credit is due. I HIGHLY doubt you could create something as good and polished. And atleast Treyarch generally knows how to keep the glitches to a minimum. Maybe IW should follow their footsteps this one time.

I agree with you, MW2 didn't have a story.

S3XYT1M3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 S3XYT1M3
Member since 2009 • 834 Posts

I usually say Treyarch sucks, but after seeing the trailer for Black Ops I think it could turn out being a better game than Modern Warfare 2.

TheDirtyMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 TheDirtyMoose
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

If you would've asked me this question a year ago I would've said IW but MW2 made Darkest of Days look like gold which is why I'm voting for Treyarch. Sure they usually take the back seat and usually just copy IW but after the Black Ops trailer it finally looks like Treyarch is trying to 1up IW instead of release a game that just passes the time until the next IW game.

Tsuanthony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tsuanthony

I can'tbelievehow many still voted for infinity ward.. after they backstabbed the pc community gave us a HORRIBLE mw sequal, ruined the gaming community with little kids, ignorant gamers, and fan boys...

you only despiseTreyarch because they are hopping along in the band wagon with infinity ward and activision

at least Treyarch isn't afraid to try something new beyond the typicall military fps. Web of shadows for example, it didnt receive high scores but still it was a bit innovative and better then past spider man games, so kudos for them!

all infinity ward ever made was COD, COD, COD , COD...

nothing new. talk about who's the one that can't come up with anything new

BrickMcStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BrickMcStick
Member since 2010 • 103 Posts

Treyarch is decent, they don't seem as greedy as Infinity Ward but Infinity Ward makes the better game. We will see if that stays true with Black Ops though.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

I can'tbelievehow many still voted for infinity ward.. after they ruined the gaming community with little kids, ignorant gamers, and fan boys...Tsuanthony

:lol: Oh, please do explain how it's Infinity Ward's fault that xbox live has a lot of annoying people.

Tsuanthony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Tsuanthony

[QUOTE="Tsuanthony"]

I can'tbelievehow many still voted for infinity ward.. after they ruined the gaming community with little kids, ignorant gamers, and fan boys...Englando_IV

:lol: Oh, please do explain how it's Infinity Ward's fault that xbox live has a lot of annoying people.

the game got alot of little people's attention :P and of course kids today don't play with action figures, and lego's they always want to do the "cool" thing and that was MW or actually Halo kinda did that too
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
World at War made me a believer in Treyarch. If they make Black Ops into a great game then they may get my vote over IW.
MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

Infinity Ward= COD1, COD2, COD4, MW2

Treyarch=COD3, WAW, Black Ops (to be released)

I say a tie.

Blackhawk692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Blackhawk692
Member since 2005 • 1306 Posts

even though activision is basically ruining every reason I love gaming, im going with Infinity. Why they though we need 300 Guitar heroes and a CoD every year is beyond me. Trust me MW2 has all the potential to make a great game, but 2 years isn't enough to make a sequal to a Masterpiece

headshot4336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 headshot4336
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts

I always thought that treyarch was good because CoD WaW was AMAZING! and i liked Infinity Ward because of CoDMW1, but now i like treyarch better because MW2 was Infinity Wards Biggest Fail

Tripleseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tripleseed
Member since 2009 • 411 Posts

Jaysonguy

For a cheap gimmick, I have played the zombie mode a hell of a lot more than any other mode in any Call of Duty title ever, and I've played them all. Before Modern Warfare 2, I would have easily listed Infinity Ward as my favorite developer for Call of Duty games. Seeing as how MW2 doesn't even warrant a purchase, I change my vote to Treyarch. Funny that you say Treyarch's Call of Duty's have the "horrible story", because that's exactly what I was thinking about Call of Duty 2, Modern Warfare, and especially Modern Warfare 2. Then again, who really plays Call of Duty for the story? At least Treyarch isn't afraid to include some awesome gore in their games.

DvnDrgnXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DvnDrgnXD
[QUOTE="Tsuanthony"]

I can'tbelievehow many still voted for infinity ward.. after they backstabbed the pc community gave us a HORRIBLE mw sequal, ruined the gaming community with little kids, ignorant gamers, and fan boys...

you only despiseTreyarch because they are hopping along in the band wagon with infinity ward and activision

at least Treyarch isn't afraid to try something new beyond the typicall military fps. Web of shadows for example, it didnt receive high scores but still it was a bit innovative and better then past spider man games, so kudos for them!

You do realize its the ignorant parents who are ignorant of the ESRB? IW cant stop the influx of kids, its like saying you can stop the homeless. "Change, change, spare some change?" (
821dan128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 821dan128
Member since 2007 • 678 Posts

Why is this still doing the rounds on the xbox360 forum!!

INFINITY WARD IS THE SUPERIOR. PERIOD.

It was the original and best without it Call of Duty wouldn't even exist and if ANYONE disagrees with me compare IW and Treyarchs Call of Duty reviews and thats my come back. Or would you like another come back compare their game sales... LOLOLOL at all you treyarch lovers. ZINGGG. OUCH!!

Not to mention treyach leeches all its ideas from IW... don't even get me started on that.

So stop arguing about stupid topics like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

People fault Trey for COD3 being mediocre but look, they developed it for everything, no PC developement for that title and 360, and PS2 and Xbox development all at the same time, that might have had an effect as they didn't go all out with the new 360 hardware.

But the games they made last gen were good, some decent sports games and at the time, one of the few good movie-tie ins of last gen, Spider Man 2.

With WAW they made COD multiplayer more balanced, story more realistic with more elements like Horror, added Co-Op and zombie mode, and did it all very well and sold 12 million copies

Treyarch didn't ruin MW2's multiplayer, until COD:BO comes out we don't know that they will continue this way, but they have been vocal about changing things from MW2, namely i hope they ditch scavenger or make it less useful, since noob tubers just replenish their g'nades, and hopefully BO won't have as many balancing issues as MW2

IW made one solid 360 title in COD4, and to me they ruined MW2. Just IMO of course

Tsuanthony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Tsuanthony
[QUOTE="DvnDrgnXD"][QUOTE="Tsuanthony"]

You do realize its the ignorant parents who are ignorant of the ESRB? IW cant stop the influx of kids, its like saying you can stop the homeless. "Change, change, spare some change?" (

yes yes yes and I want to smack those parents in the back of their heads