if i ordered a 360 console from america will it work in england?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Emerger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Emerger
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts
^^^^
gazoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gazoz
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts
you'll need a power converter.
decilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 decilling
Member since 2005 • 575 Posts
also none of the games you buy in england will work with it as there all PAL format
Ipimpsnipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Ipimpsnipa
Member since 2006 • 1806 Posts

also none of the games you buy in england will work with it as there all PAL format decilling

not sure about this, but i'm pretty sure england has different plugs(not completely) so you'd need a plug converter 

TrustCo1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TrustCo1971
Member since 2006 • 1721 Posts
We cant even get the American 360 to work well here in America...lol
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="decilling"]also none of the games you buy in england will work with it as there all PAL format Ipimpsnipa

not sure about this, but i'm pretty sure england has different plugs(not completely) so you'd need a plug converter

yea we have 3 pin plugs while you guys across the pond have 2 pin plugs. but using a converter constanly is not good because they get hot. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5
deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5
Member since 2005 • 2063 Posts

We cant even get the American 360 to work well here in America...lolTrustCo1971

lol 

P1r8te

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 P1r8te
Member since 2006 • 2577 Posts
The 360 is region locked so only games from that region will work (i.e. North America). You won't be able to play games bought in the UK unless they are imported or you do some illegal stuff to get them to work.
gazoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gazoz
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts
I have a US version 360 and I live in Turkey. I often go to the states and get my games there or order them off from play-asia.com. some games are region free
Chronikas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chronikas
Member since 2006 • 158 Posts
The power converter issue is simply a difference in AC (alternating current) here in the States..and DC (direct current) across the pond...They are right, you will need a converter, preferrably one that is surge protected...and you may want to take precautions to keep the converter AND your xbox cool.  As far as NTSC and PAL coding goes....you shouldn't have too much trouble ordering games from the US....I'm just curious.....hasn't the 360 been released in europe?  why do you want an american version?
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts

[QUOTE="TrustCo1971"]We cant even get the American 360 to work well here in America...lolJayJog

lol

As sad as it sounds, that's about right. LOL 

alsha3er78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 alsha3er78
Member since 2005 • 812 Posts

[QUOTE="decilling"]also none of the games you buy in england will work with it as there all PAL format Ipimpsnipa

i actualy think he is right.  it's really not worth the savings because you'll have to spend much more to get this thing to work in england.

Kastigador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kastigador
Member since 2003 • 267 Posts

Not sure why you'd want to do this...

For UK sets you'd need an NTSC to PAL convertor. That's not a good idea. It can cause aspect ratio issues, video signal degradation, frame rate problems, etc.  But if you own an HD set, you're good. It should work as is. 1080i/720p are actually universal standards with the same plugs. For power, you will need 220 to 110 convertor. Given the sensitive nature of the 360's power suuply with overheating, etc, I'd go and buy a 360 power supply off ebay that works with 220, but those are expensive. You also are bound to play North American region coded games(or region free games). European games won't work.

Kastigador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kastigador
Member since 2003 • 267 Posts
Correction on my previous post... 1080i/720p is not the same in the US as it is in Europe. Frame rates are different. US is 60i, europe is 50i... sigh... I wouldn't mess with it.
Pit_italy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pit_italy
Member since 2005 • 965 Posts

some games will work. there is a site... that someone once showed me but i cant remember the link, that actually has a list of all non region locked games.

I live in the us and im playing my italian copy of gears ( that my sister sent me by mail ) on an american console.

And of course you'll need a plug converter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
Bottom line: You should probably buy a PAL 360.
Avatar image for Tamashii-sosaku
Tamashii-sosaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Tamashii-sosaku
Member since 2003 • 2172 Posts

WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T PLUG IT IN!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll need a step down converter before you use it or you could end up seriously damaging if not outright blowing up your 360. The U.K. and europe have a higher voltage output than the U.S. and asia. You should be able to get one for pretty cheap if you ask about a step down voltage converter in Dixons or somewhere.

There's also the issue of PAL Vs NTSC. If you have a HD-TV then this won't be a problem because playing in HD resoultions is neither PAL nor NTSC. Also take into consideration that the DVD player will be region locked to region 3 so you won'T be able to play your U.K. region 2 DVD's on it.

And lastley be aware that if your importing games you may end up having to pay an import tax on them. I'm not sure what the exact amount is but I think if your importing anything over 50 pounds you'll have to pay it. And it's not cheap either. Not sure exactly how much it is but you can find out information about in on Amazon.co.uk in the imports help section. Worth noting so you don't get stung by it like alot of people including myself have.

Tamashii-sosaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tamashii-sosaku

Also here's the a region compatibility list if you're interested.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-jp.html

Although as others have said I wouldn't really recommend it. It's just alot less hassle to buy a U.K. 360. The releases between U.S. and European games is almost next to nothing these days. The only games your really forced to wait any serious amount of time for is European conversion of Japanese RPG's which still most often take months to come out after the U.S. version and sometimes never make it to Europe at all. (Remember those ****c RPG's on the PS like Xenogears, FF: Tactics and Chrono-trigger? Not one of them saw the light of day in the U.K. tragic isn't it?) Anyway, I would honestly say that it's not really worth it.

beldugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 beldugo
Member since 2003 • 2374 Posts

buying USA games and the system will come out cheaper for him though since UK money is worth more than US..

all you need is a pal powerplug and a tv that takes ntsc and pal signals..  

Julesmaester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Julesmaester
Member since 2005 • 285 Posts
Tbh its just as cheap buying it here.
Don0van

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Don0van
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts

[QUOTE="TrustCo1971"]We cant even get the American 360 to work well here in America...lolJayJog

lol 

[/QUOTE

Owned

Tamashii-sosaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tamashii-sosaku

buying USA games and the system will come out cheaper for him though since UK money is worth more than US.. beldugo

True but once you add on the shipping costs and the nasty hidden import tax I mention earlier it will end up being pretty much the same price and if you end up getting stung by the tax will end up even more expensive than buying the game at full retail price in the U.K.

eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#23 eXists
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
[QUOTE="JayJog"]

[QUOTE="TrustCo1971"]We cant even get the American 360 to work well here in America...lolgp19

lol

As sad as it sounds, that's about right. LOL 

LMAO
P1r8te

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 P1r8te
Member since 2006 • 2577 Posts

Correction on my previous post... 1080i/720p is not the same in the US as it is in Europe. Frame rates are different. US is 60i, europe is 50i... sigh... I wouldn't mess with it.Kastigador
#

Most modern PAL-TVs can handle NTSC and 60Hz signals. If you have a HDTV then you don't have to worry about anything since every HDTV i've seen accepts 60Hz signals (60i/60p framerates).

Power is the biggest issue. And the fact that you would have to import most of your games. DVDs won't work either. Any money you save importing the 360 would be lost having to import games.

Chronikas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chronikas
Member since 2006 • 158 Posts
[QUOTE="JayJog"]

[QUOTE="TrustCo1971"]We cant even get the American 360 to work well here in America...lolDon0van

lol 

[/QUOTE

Owned

Speak for yourself...I bought mine on launch day, and I've never had an issue

demirtas80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 demirtas80
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

im from maryland,but right now im currently in turkey,im having issues with getting my 360,bought in the states(ntsc) to work in turkey......the problem is the cord, it doesent fit in to the electrical sockets,turkey uses the european type 2 pin re receptacles,anyways i bought a voltage converter from radio shack in maryland....it converts 220\240 voltage(turkey uses 220) to 110\120 vac USA........so i plugged my 360 in to the converter then into the wall socket,popped in call of duty 4 and everything seem to go well...........15 minutes in to the game i start to smell some thing funny,,i continued to play for another 15 min by then their was an overwhelming smell of burning wires it was so overwhelming that i felt like i couldn't breath i go behind the tv to unplug the converter but the minute i touched it, it felt very hot and the smell was horrible.10 seconds later the system and the converter lost power,i waited for the converter to cool down then tryed to reboot the 360 and thats when i figured the the fuse on the converter blu out.........my question is....do i need a higher voltage converter.....its pretty depressing, i havent been able to enjoy my 360 in 4 months........also before i left to turkey i called 1800 my xbox and asked if they had xbox live in turkey and after a 5 min hold the the answer was no,but he let me know that he was making a note of it...i guess if enough people in turkey had xbox360 then they might bring live to turkey.since i came to turkey i have yet to see a single 360 in any store or electronic store, i have seen a million ps3s and wii s for some reason the ps3 and the wii are extremely popular but no 360,does any one have info on the type of converter i need or transformer

chris

demirtas80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 demirtas80
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
?
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts