If I install the game to my 360 do I still need the disc to play?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by I_play_rockband (169 posts) -
If I install the game to my 360 do I still need the disc to play?
#2 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28038 posts) -

Of course you need the disc to play. Otherwise people would rent games and download them onto their hard drives.

:P

#3 Posted by I_play_rockband (169 posts) -

then whats the point? Load times arent bad with the 360. Even Fallout 3 doesn't have bad load times IMO

#4 Posted by Strife88 (6073 posts) -
A few people I know are installing Fable II and Mass Effect mainly since they do have long load times.
#5 Posted by Quintinius (1050 posts) -

then whats the point? Load times arent bad with the 360. Even Fallout 3 doesn't have bad load times IMO

I_play_rockband

It's to prevent piracy. Also, the games load MUCH faster (Fable II, Oblivion and Fallout being worthy mentions), the disc doesn't spin so the console itself lasts much longer and the whole thing is quieter.

#6 Posted by gp19 (4247 posts) -

I_play_rockband

The console doesn't use the game to load, it just needs to make sure it's in there (to prevent piracy) after that everything else is done through the HDD 

#7 Posted by codezer0 (15898 posts) -
It only needs the disc in there to verify which game you want to load up. After which, it loads from the hard drive and the optical drive can effectively just spin down and cut off, saving noise, heat, and to a lesser extent, power.