i have a ps4, should I buy a xbox one?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd022e642d9
deactivated-57dd022e642d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-57dd022e642d9
Member since 2003 • 677 Posts

Want to buy one for Halo (example) but is the system that really bad as the people pretend to be like this? I had a xbox 360 and I really enjoyed it.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

If you got an itch, scratch that shyt.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

You waited this long, at least do yourself a favor and get a great deal.

My friend got a TitanFall/Forza bundle brand new with Kinect from the Xbox store for $399 back in April-May.

It's almost a year old, you may as well not pay what us launch buyers paid.

Personally, I'm not even getting the Masterchief Collection until it's $20. I own all those games and played them to death so I don't see the need of that package. I'm more interested in brand new AAA games set up for next year like Quantum and Halo 5.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-57dd022e642d9

@SolidTy:

This because of the delay of the lauch in the Netherlands. The xbox one came out last month (sep). So that's why I ask you guys what your expierences are with the console.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Why not ? If you have the money why not treat yourself, they end up being the same, one good thing about the new Xbox is that now you can install a larger capacity EXTERNAL Hdd just by plugging it into one of the USB ports. Right now I'll pass a little while on the X1, the truth is that I don't like the size and so far the exclusives haven't grabbed my attention yet reason why I went for a PS4 before, but hey, I'm open, maybe next year with new games ( like Halo 5 or perhaps a new GOW ) I could jump on X1.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@Zaka said:

@SolidTy:

This because of the delay of the lauch in the Netherlands. The xbox one came out last month (sep). So that's why I ask you guys what your expierences are with the console.

Hey Zaka,

I got my One in June, and I've been pretty happy with it since then.

There are a lot of things to like about the XBO. In the four months since I got mine, I found at least 4 pretty good games. I like the system UI quite a bit. The hardware and controller are nice. And there's a lot of promise on the horizon for upcoming games.

Some major downsides I could probably list... Well, the online store isn't very well organized, and could use more updating. There is a 'Kinect divide' since the device is no longer necessary, yet it somehow feels like it should continue to see implementation, but it might not. A lot of original programming for the system has been canned. And Microsoft has been on somewhat uncertain ground for a while now, though if they needed to they would probably sell the XBox brand to someone else.

Perhaps the single biggest issue is that there aren't enough exclusive games for the XBO, and Microsoft doesn't seem to be doing enough to secure exclusives and produce new and original IPs.

But the truth is, any game system has its problems. Personally, for me, the One is a great game system. I think more people will give it a chance as better games come out and time passes.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#7 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

@SolidTy said:

My friend got a TitanFall/Forza bundle brand new with Kinect from the Xbox store for $399 back in April-May.

Personally, I'm not even getting the Masterchief Collection until it's $20. I own all those games and played them to death so I don't see the need of that package. I'm more interested in brand new AAA games set up for next year like Quantum and Halo 5.

If OP can find a different bundle then do that instead. Titanfall isn't that great IMO and neither is Forza 5(great graphics, but single player tour is long and repetitive with little cars to choose from). I own both and barely play them.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

If you like shooters then I would get a XB1 especially with Halo Master Chief just around the corner.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidTy

@MaddenBowler10 said:

@SolidTy said:

If OP can find a different bundle then do that instead. Titanfall isn't that great IMO and neither is Forza 5(great graphics, but single player tour is long and repetitive with little cars to choose from). I own both and barely play them.

I agree neither Forza or Titanfall are that great, but my point was getting a Kinect Xbone with two games for $399 brand new from Xbox was a good deal back in April. Since it's now October, the TC should hopefully get a better deal than my friend.

He waited this long, he may as well make sure he gets a great deal.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@Zaka said:

Want to buy one for Halo (example) but is the system that really bad as the people pretend to be like this? I had a xbox 360 and I really enjoyed it.

Honest opinion, and I'm not a fan boy.. Sell the PS4 and use the X1 as your main system. Sold my PS4 last month and been using the X1 as my console non stop and the decision looks better and better every day. especially with halo coming out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-57dd022e642d9

I really appreciate your reactions but I will not sell my PS4 as it is my main system. But I really miss that xbox experience :)

Dswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dswiss
Member since 2005 • 104 Posts
@draign said:

Quote of the week!

RapidTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RapidTurtle
Member since 2010 • 344 Posts

I also sold my PS4 to grab an Xbone last month. I picked up the Madden edition Xbone, and have't looked back. The PS4 is a great system, but I prefer the Xbox controller, upcoming exclusives, and overall presentation.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@draign said:

This sums it up pretty much. If you want it, get it. Why would you care how some fanboys hate the system?

I personally stay away from it. I could easely afford it, but I still avoid it because of the stuff that happened after the announcement of the system. But hey, to each his own

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes if you have a PS4 you should also get a Xbox one if you can. The Xbox one is decent. Plus if the 8th gen lasts as long as the 7th gen (8 long years)

Then you are set. Xbox one has the Master Chief collection and Halo 5 and eventually Gears of War 5. But there will be other games that a worth checking out on Xbox one. Sunset Overdrive

CrimsonTriden7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CrimsonTriden7
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts

Get a Xbox One!

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

depends whether you prefer playing games or sales.

If you like playing games, buy an xbone.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#19 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@Bishop1310 said:

@Zaka said:

Honest opinion, and I'm not a fan boy.. Sell the PS4 and use the X1 as your main system. Sold my PS4 last month and been using the X1 as my console non stop and the decision looks better and better every day. especially with halo coming out.

Reversed for me. I've never been so disappointed in a system before. I honestly haven't turned on since like January. Anyway, TP, if you have a PS4, that's good enough. Multiplats are usually better on it anyway. Wait until Halo if that's all you want it for.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

get a xbox one its worth it

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I don't see the point if you have a ps4. just get a low to mid range pc. Save the xboxone money and get yourself a nice laptop or desktop.

Razrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Razrabbit
Member since 2013 • 166 Posts

If I had the money for it, I certainly would.

I've always been more of an all around gamer than a fanboy for any particular system. I'd love to have a giant entertainment system that had a giant row of consoles beside it, and an even larger section on the other side for the games.

I'd love to have them all, last generations and current, all sitting together peacefully.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@mdk12345: Dude, make up you goddam mind, first you post this shit and 2 days later you post about getting one, whatdahell ?!?!?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

MDK is a confused man

RodneyCourts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RodneyCourts
Member since 2014 • 66 Posts

Xbox is a next gaming console of play station, it come after PS4, So if you want play the next from PS4 then you can buy a xbox one.

Androidguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Androidguy
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Zaka:

Get PlayStation 4 it's a better console , I had my Xbox 360 from 2006 and recently upgraded to Xbox one it was not as good as the xbox 360 X1 was like Oversize 80s VCR and took 1 hour to load game to hdd dashboard was terrible like windows 8 but not as nice after 4 days I returned X1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-57dd022e642d9

@androidguy:

I'm pretty sure that I will get the AC on PS4. As this game will be bad optimized for the pc ( I think ) just like AC4.... So I think I will go for Far Cry 4.

BLUUDY_NUCKLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BLUUDY_NUCKLES

Bro if you dont like the current library then wait. I own both systems and after playing TLOU , i have been back on Xone...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SolidTy

I have both.

@Zaka said:

But the Xbone is not the 360, so it doesn't matter if you enjoyed the 360. New machines, new perspectives. In fact, with the Xbone it was an entirely different team that made it (members of the Win8 team...hurray...).

Buy it if you have games you want to buy now or wait as long as possible to save more $$$.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SolidTy
@JustPlainLucas said:

@Bishop1310 said:

@Zaka said:

Reversed for me. I've never been so disappointed in a system before. I honestly haven't turned on since like January. Anyway, TP, if you have a PS4, that's good enough. Multiplats are usually better on it anyway. Wait until Halo if that's all you want it for.

Same. He's posting the complete opposite of what I've seen most dual owners post around the 'net and I myself have experienced on my new machines.

I haven't bought an Xbone game since Titanfall which was good for a few weeks and ended up being very disappointing due to it being half baked...and that was after a rough launch period for both machines. I would never buy multiplats on my Xbone either as I have other machines. I have my eye on Sunset (82/00 meta) if it hits the $20-$25 mark during Xmas sales.

2014 was a shitty year for me, and none of the new machines are blowing my mind...but I do download the free GWG and free PS+ games. M$ only delivered a measly 8 free GWG games since the machine launched a week after the PS4. Sony has delivered 22 PS+ free games since launch (would have been 23, but DC). That said, those 'free' GWG and PS+ games get me to turn on the machines and Sony has been far more generous in the regard to their PS4 users. They promised 2 free PS+ games a month and have hit that number or exceed it (this month was three games). Xbox promised 2 new games a month and have offered only one new game the last four months.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@Bishop1310 said:

@Zaka said:

Same. He's posting the complete opposite of what I've seen most dual owners post around the 'net and I myself have experienced on my new machines.

I haven't bought an Xbone game since Titanfall which was good for a few weeks and ended up being very disappointing due to it being half baked...and that was after a rough launch period for both machines. I would never buy multiplats on my Xbone either as I have other machines. I have my eye on Sunset (82/00 meta) if it hits the $20-$25 mark during Xmas sales.

2014 was a shitty year for me, and none of the new machines are blowing my mind...but I do download the free GWG and free PS+ games. M$ only delivered a measly 8 free GWG games since the machine launched a week after the PS4. Sony has delivered 22 PS+ free games since launch (would have been 23, but DC). That said, those 'free' GWG and PS+ games get me to turn on the machines and Sony has been far more generous in the regard to their PS4 users. They promised 2 free PS+ games a month and have hit that number or exceed it (this month was three games). Xbox promised 2 new games a month and have offered only one new game the last four months.

So let me get this straight, you have seen what "most dual owners post around the 'net ", in other words you read thousands of people's posts, or however many dual owners exist, and they all agree with you right? One person posts a different opinion than yours, and they are obviously wrong I guess, they must be trolling then.....wow. I have seen many dual owners say they prefer the Xbox One, and they use it the most. I have seen many opinions like his, and I know people in real life who prefer the Xbox One..I have seen the opposite as well on many occasions...at this time I couldn't really tell you which more than the other. I certainly did not get the impression that you are painting, a very clear 1-sided picture of most dual console owners.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SolidTy

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SolidTy said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@Bishop1310 said:

@Zaka said:

Same. He's posting the complete opposite of what I've seenmost dual owners post around the 'net and I myself have experienced on my new machines.

So let me get this straight, you have seen what "most dual owners post around the 'net ", in other words you read thousands of people's posts, or however many dual owners exist, and they all agree with you right? One person posts a different opinion than yours, and they are obviously wrong I guess, they must be trolling then.....wow. I have seen many dual owners say they prefer the Xbox One, and they use it the most. I have seen many opinions like his, and I know people in real life who prefer the Xbox One..I have seen the opposite as well on many occasions...at this time I couldn't really tell you which more than the other. I certainly did not get the impression that you are painting, a very clear 1-sided picture of most dual console owners.

That's the game bishop1310 was playing, the fun and zany game of subjective anecdotes. It's an easy game to play as I demonstrated.

Still, you should read my post again, I said what I've seen and I used the word most. Ensuring my post was all subjective to stay key to bishop's point, which was my entire point. Blatant opinions and subjectivity. While what I posted was true, I made it clear it's anecdotal evidence and entirely subjective to what I've seen, experienced, and read. That's the key and part of the irony of my post which I was highlighting for comic effect, hence the same one-sided perspective bishop employed, but I just took it to a comedic extreme. Each post though is still one sided, but I used subjective embellishments to drive my point home.

Also, I should point out you are not a dual owner, so your perspective is not going to align and it may be hard to understand the perspectives of true dual owners. I should also point out if a user is subscribing only to xbox live or PS+, but not the other service, that would explain why they use one more than the other. I can offer the perspective of someone that subscribe to both services. 22 games is greater than 8 games. That's the gamer in all of us, and when quality of games is brought up, that also works in the PS+ favor, but I didn't want to even talk about the metascores. That's honestly neither here nor there honestly. We both own Xbones, so we know the score. Some people like certain games more than others, etc. As an Xbone-only owner, you may be taking more offense than necessary (as you are a longtime Xbox fan and current Xbone+ Kinect owner) and for that I apologize. I had no intention of irking that emotional appeal from you (or getting you to justify your purchasing behaviors). The post was not directed at you, but at bishop and lucas. One day perhaps when you get some more current generation machines you'll see the absurdity I was pointing out in my post. You were on the right track, although it was only my post that got your goat so to speak. My post was supposed to be more absurd than bishops for the comic effect to hit right as it were. If you took my post too seriously, perhaps you should take the proceeding two posts seriously as well, but I wouldn't recommend any of it.

It's quite easy to deconstruct bishop's post for instance when you really think about it. I also considered just posting something about selling my Xbone and PS4 and making some sort of Wii U only post (cloning his unproven words), but that wouldn't have been true as I wouldn't actually do that. I buy all the machines at launch. That way when great games and new IPs come out with refreshing new next generational game-play ideas, I can buy the game regardless of platform. That's why I didn't enjoy this year, too many last gen ports containing last gen games I experiences and too many cross gen games like Destiny, COD, etc that were made for PS360 and are available for PS360. In a year when one of the biggest, most HYPEd games were games I played last gen (TLOU, HALO collection, Diablo 3, etc). It's been rough first year for me.

There is a glimmer of truth that should resonate if anything is kept from my post and that is 2014 sucked bad for me (one of the worst years in gaming history) and last gen machines > next gen machines.

Happy gaming and I'm glad you have enjoyed this year more than I.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Alucard_Prime

@SolidTy said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SolidTy said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@Bishop1310 said:

@Zaka said:

Same. He's posting the complete opposite of what I've seenmost dual owners post around the 'net and I myself have experienced on my new machines.

That's the game bishop1310 was playing, the fun and zany game of subjective anecdotes. It's an easy game to play as I demonstrated.

Still, you should read my post again, I said what I've seen and I used the word most. Ensuring my post was all subjective to stay key to bishop's point, which was my entire point. Blatant opinions and subjectivity. That's the key and part of the irony of my post which I was highlighting for comic effect.

Also, I should point out you are not a dual owner, so your perspective is not going to align and it may be hard to understand the perspectives of true dual owners. As an Xbone only owner, you may be taking more offense that necessary and for that I apologize, but one day perhaps when you get some more machines you'll see the absurdity I was pointing out in my post. If you took my post too seriously, perhaps you should take the proceeding two posts seriously as well, but I wouldn't recommend any of it.

That's fine, I am not offended by your post in the slightest, freedom of speech and you are allowed to state your opinion. But that poster was only stating his opinion about his experiences as far as I know, and doing a recommendation based on that. Yes he is also painting a 1 sided picture, but it's what he believes. You included "most dual console owners on the Net" , and you just seem to have written a response to discredit his, whereas he was only stating his experience and not talking about other posters or users....if it was an attempt at irony, I can understand that, it just seems to have been disproportionate to his post, in such a way that if he was 100% honest, he could be offended by your post, so I just chimed in , that's all(also I may be missing some context, based on what you said about previous posts)

Indeed I am not a dual console owner, and I could care less if people say they like their system over the one I own(Xbox One). There are millions of consumers out there with tons of different tastes, I only worry about what I like and I certainly enjoy having meaningful discussions with people who have different tastes, that is how I discover many things in life, by keeping an open mind. As I said I have several friends who are dual console owners as well, I've heard a lot of different opinions, and not one in particular really sticks out to be honest(actually, most take the following form: I use X console for this type of game, and I use Y console to play that type of game).....anyways, game on people!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SolidTy

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SolidTy said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SolidTy said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@Bishop1310 said:

@Zaka said:

Still, you should read my post again, I said what I've seen and I used the word most. Ensuring my post was all subjective to stay key to bishop's point, which was my entire point. Blatant opinions and subjectivity. While what I posted was true, I made it clear it's anecdotal evidence and entirely subjective to what I've seen, experienced, and read. That's the key and part of the irony of my post which I was highlighting for comic effect, hence the same one-sided perspective bishop employed, but I just took it to a comedic extreme. Each post though is still one sided, but I used subjective embellishments to drive my point home.

Also, I should point out you are not a dual owner, so your perspective is not going to align and it may be hard to understand the perspectives of true dual owners. I should also point out if a user is subscribing only to xbox live or PS+, but not the other service, that would explain why they use one more than the other. I can offer the perspective of someone that subscribe to both services. 22 games is greater than 8 games. That's the gamer in all of us, and when quality of games is brought up, that also works in the PS+ favor, but I didn't want to even talk about the metascores. That's honestly neither here nor there honestly. We both own Xbones, so we know the score. Some people like certain games more than others, etc. As an Xbone-only owner, you may be taking more offense than necessary (as you are a longtime Xbox fan and current Xbone+ Kinect owner) and for that I apologize. I had no intention of irking that emotional appeal from you (or getting you to justify your purchasing behaviors). The post was not directed at you, but at bishop and lucas. One day perhaps when you get some more current generation machines you'll see the absurdity I was pointing out in my post. You were on the right track, although it was only my post that got your goat so to speak. My post was supposed to be more absurd than bishops for the comic effect to hit right as it were. If you took my post too seriously, perhaps you should take the proceeding two posts seriously as well, but I wouldn't recommend any of it.

It's quite easy to deconstruct bishop's post for instance when you really think about it. I also considered just posting something about selling my Xbone and PS4 and making some sort of Wii U only post (cloning his unproven words), but that wouldn't have been true as I wouldn't actually do that. I buy all the machines at launch. That way when great games and new IPs come out with refreshing new next generational game-play ideas, I can buy the game regardless of platform. That's why I didn't enjoy this year, too many last gen ports containing last gen games I experiences and too many cross gen games like Destiny, COD, etc that were made for PS360 and are available for PS360. In a year when one of the biggest, most HYPEd games were games I played last gen (TLOU, HALO collection, Diablo 3, etc). It's been rough first year for me.

There is a glimmer of truth that should resonate if anything is kept from my post and that is 2014 sucked bad for me (one of the worst years in gaming history) and last gen machines > next gen machines.

Happy gaming and I'm glad you have enjoyed this year more than I.

That's fine, I am not offended by your post in the slightest, freedom of speech and you are allowed to state your opinion. But that poster was only stating his opinion about his experiences as far as I know, and doing a recommendation based on that. Yes he is also painting a 1 sided picture, but it's what he believes. You included "most dual console owners on the Net" , and you just seem to have written a response to discredit his, whereas he was only stating his experience and not talking about other posters or users....if it was an attempt at irony, I can understand that, it just seems to have been disproportionate to his post, in such a way that if he was 100% honest, he could be offended by your post, so I just chimed in , that's all(also I may be missing some context, based on what you said about previous posts)

Indeed I am not a dual console owner, and I could care less if people say they like their system over the one I own(Xbox One). There are millions of consumers out there with tons of different tastes, I only worry about what I like and I certainly enjoy having meaningful discussions with people who have different tastes, that is how I discover many things in life, by keeping an open mind. As I said I have several friends who are dual console owners as well, I've heard a lot of different opinions, and not one in particular really sticks out to be honest(actually, most take the following form: I use X console for this type of game, and I use Y console to play that type of game).....anyways, game on people!

Game on indeed. :)

Run_As_Admin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Run_As_Admin

@Zaka: well now there is a deal where you can buy an Xbox for $350 and comes with either sunset overdrive or assassin's Creed unity. It's actually a great time to buy an xbox. I might pick one up my self. I could care less about 90p v 1080p. I just want the cheapest console :P

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Zaka said:

It's a great system... Some people just give it crap because it's not as powerful as PS4, but don't let that stop you. Look at the exclusives and see if it's worth it for you.

BronxBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BronxBomber
Member since 2003 • 13398 Posts

ONE WORD: YES.

I bought the PS4 first, then got the Xbox 1. Get them both if you can afford it. You won't regret it and it will open up your world to the best of both systems. Absolutely no hesitation in telling you yes.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Do what you please, if you can afford it why limit yourself to only one platform?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Alucard_Prime

@SolidTy:

hmmmmm..off topic but these Gamespot boards sure are tricky sometimes. Your latest response in the previous post has a different sub-quote then when I had quoted you ....like a delayed edited quote or something, because I never remember reading all that when I responded to you yesterday...weird. Anyways, best not to think much of such details, I know Gamespot gobbles up my comments sometimes :)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SolidTy

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SolidTy:

hmmmmm..off topic but these Gamespot boards sure are tricky sometimes. Your latest response in the previous post has a different sub-quote then when I had quoted you ....like a delayed edited quote or something, because I never remember reading all that when I responded to you yesterday...weird. Anyways, best not to think much of such details, I know Gamespot gobbles up my comments sometimes :)

I remember that exactly and I didn't mention the peculiarity of it yesterday, but what was strange is you quoted me over an hour after I logged off and somehow you missed my a good portion of my post that I had made over an hour earlier.

When I logged back in to GS after getting the notification, it said you posted about 8 minutes ago. I remember looking at the quote you had, then looking at the difference in our times from my finished quote, and seeing I had posted over an hour before (I think it was 1 hour 32 minutes before if I remember right). I was perplexed on how I had posted over an hour ago and you posted just a few minutes ago, why my quote was missing a huge chunk since there was a difference in our replies by over an hour. In fact, my smartphone notified me via email notification exactly when you posted. I logged back into GS at that point, approaching my PC. I was quite surprised when I logged in to gamespot and my profile post (post found on my profile) was quoted instead and not the entire post in this thread I had posted over an hour before.

Although you arrived and quoted me over an hour later and I went about my day, somehow the wrong post was quoted. I didn't bring it up how odd it was though, I just moved on thinking it was GS, or perhaps you had quoted my profile. I wasn't sure and it wasn't really an issue in the end. It's sort of an issue now though since you quoted my name and brought it up. I hope it wasn't because you deliberately quoted my profile post by copy/pasting and wanted a reaction. I didn't give a reaction then, but now you prompted me to react, so If it was some sort of deliberate trick, I responded now, but I'm not sure if it's deliberate or some sort of GS glitch. That's my take on it all. It was glitchspot or it was deliberate, but yeah, I have lost tons of comments due to glitchspot so I'm not sure...but at any rate it's a done deal now.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

There are a couple of trolls posting in this thread learn to spot them. *Hint* Anyone who says they own a PS4 and says that the X1 isn't worth it is a fucking troll - period! The X1's list of big budget exclusives easily stands up to what the PS4 has currently as well as in the future. MS has been busting their asses trying to appease gamers and are constantly being heavily scrutinized while Sony continues to coast on by.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

I recently bought a XBoxOne and have not regretted it all. Like you previously mentioned regarding Halo. I wouldn't be able to walk into GameStop's store tomorrow morning and pick up my pre-ordered copy and experience the amazing story line. I have honestly never owned anything besides a PlayStation (only discussing PlayStation and XBox...does not include Nintendo, etc.) I like the ability to buy/rent exclusive games for each system. There are so many new games coming out that I do not want to be left behind...HaHa!!! To answer your previous question about if the XBox is as bad as others say? No. Absolutely NO! There are many things that are better than the PlayStation...and there are things that are better for the PS4 than the XB1. It happens. I am still a huge believer that these two systems might as well combine into one massive experience. Again...this is just my opinion.

@Zaka said:

Bubba_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Bubba_666
Member since 2014 • 835 Posts

I have both, but I play 3rd party titles like Dying Light, Facrcry 4, COD AW, Thief etc. All on Ps4, because they look and run better IMO. Xbox I only like for exclusives, Forza H2, Titanfall, (not a halo fan), but 5 may be decent. Waiting mainly for Rise Of The Tomb Raider. And Until Dawn, Uncharted Collection UC 4, and some of the upcoming AAA titles, SW Battlefront, The Division, COD Black Ops III etc. So they are both good for different things. And both now support ALL forms of DLNA, streaming etc. Can't go wrong with both. I got my PS4 for 185$ with trade in deals. Xbone for around 170$ with all my trades. Although i still own one 360, i'll never get ride of. :)

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

I would wait for a price drop, most third party games will be on both, so really you are only missing out on a few... If you can wait, your wallet will thank you

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Please do not bump threads that have not been posted in for severral months.

Thank you.

Locked.