How to repair ring scratch on 360 games??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by spicoli420 (342 posts) -

I have about 4 games that have the ring scratch and was wondering if anyone has ever got them to work again?

I purchased a repair kit but it didn't work. I've also heard that you can rub metal polish on them............any help would be greatly appreciated:)

#2 Posted by Keitarourashima (1422 posts) -
get them to a store with a disc repair machine, costs like $5.
#3 Posted by guitarmam (1 posts) -
i used polishing compound that you use on a car to get scratchs out. It was not pretty when I got done but it has worked twice for me.
#4 Posted by BigGhost_AJT (924 posts) -

What kind of disc repair did you buy? I have a Skip Dr. I've had 2 games with that circular scratch pattern and it hasn't failed me yet and.

#5 Posted by chrisb422 (14 posts) -
Go with a disc repair machine, the stupid things you see on Youtube with peanut butter and stuff don't work at all.
#6 Posted by xscrapzx (6423 posts) -

Use toothpaste works great.

#7 Posted by MLG_Retnuh (26 posts) -
You should try putting Peanut Butter on them or toothpaste. Both of these remove small scratches. Hope this helps :)
#8 Posted by Spire88 (4488 posts) -
just go to blockbuster and get them resurfaced, thats what i do.
#9 Posted by Ladigj (50 posts) -

My left for dead 2 and forza motorsport 3 disks both got a perfect circle scratches. It really blows, I'd recommend getting it resurfaced at a video store (most can and will do it for around $2) as i think this is the best and most reliable chance at getting the disc to play again.

Unfortuanetely, the guy told me you can only get them resurfaced once and the resurface improved the scratches but the games still did not play.

I've heard of using brasso. Sounds like it might work but I'd be cautious. In the end, I'm disappointed with microsoft.

Alternative; I think your best alternative if your attempts do not work is to get the game from a friend or blockbuster and install it on your hard drive. Then you can return the game, and if the scratched disc boots, you can play the game from your harddrive.

#10 Posted by bigM10231 (11240 posts) -
Go with a disc repair machine, the stupid things you see on Youtube with peanut butter and stuff don't work at all.chrisb422
i read this then i saw

Use toothpaste works great.

xscrapzx
You should try putting Peanut Butter on them or toothpaste. Both of these remove small scratches. Hope this helps :)MLG_Retnuh
what a event
#11 Posted by DecadesOfGaming (3100 posts) -

You should try putting Peanut Butter on them or toothpaste. Both of these remove small scratches. Hope this helps :)MLG_Retnuh

smooth or crunchy ? lol

#13 Posted by DJ_Magneto (4675 posts) -
just go to blockbuster and get them resurfaced, thats what i do.Spire88
You sure about that? The employees obviously never used their own method because every game or DVD I ever rented from Blockbuster was scratched to hell. And, are there even any Blockbusters left in the world? I heard they went bankrupt and every Blockbuster I ever knew has long since closed down. It's an antiquated business thanks to Netflix and On Demand.