How to recalibrate the 360 controllers to the 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

usmc-seibert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 usmc-seibert
Member since 2003 • 89 Posts

I just got my 360 back today after I received the RROD, and now my controllers are no longer calibrated. I don't have the manuals anymore, and on xbox360 website I keep ending up on how to calibrate the 360 controller to the PC.

What are the steps to recalibrate the controllers to the 360?

Thanks.

KRYPTONiZE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KRYPTONiZE
Member since 2007 • 280 Posts
Press the round button that is next to Memory Slot B on the Xbox 360. Then press the round button next to the LB button on your controller.
DarthSnipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DarthSnipa
Member since 2008 • 400 Posts

I just got my 360 back today after I received the RROD, and now my controllers are no longer calibrated. I don't have the manuals anymore, and on xbox360 website I keep ending up on how to calibrate the 360 controller to the PC.

What are the steps to recalibrate the controllers to the 360?

Thanks.

usmc-seibert

Press the little button on the front of your controller beside the charger slot, and the one on your console beside the memory slots simultaneously while the Xbox is already on. Hold it for a second or two, the rings should start rotating.

srsfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 srsfast
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hi guys, I followed this method, but my controller is still not calibrating enough to prevent movement. This is very easy to test when in the internet cafe in GTA5. Even when I get the controller to keep forward movement, and follow the proceedure, when the controller comes back on I can still make it go forward.

I know this b/c a very small touch of the stick and there is no more upward movement of the pointer. So clearly this method is not re-calibrating, or at least not enough to fix my controller.

I The controller is less than 5 months old.. .. is there a warranty where I can get a replacement? Ill see if i can find the papers that came with it..

Brain_Fillets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#5 Brain_Fillets
Member since 2008 • 212 Posts

Hi guys, I followed this method, but my controller is still not calibrating enough to prevent movement. This is very easy to test when in the internet cafe in GTA5. Even when I get the controller to keep forward movement, and follow the proceedure, when the controller comes back on I can still make it go forward.

I know this b/c a very small touch of the stick and there is no more upward movement of the pointer. So clearly this method is not re-calibrating, or at least not enough to fix my controller.

I The controller is less than 5 months old.. .. is there a warranty where I can get a replacement? Ill see if i can find the papers that came with it..

srsfast

You are talking about a different type of calibration. You have something wrong with your analog sticks, possibly pushing too hard when you play games? I do it sometimes when I get into a game too much and don't realize it, but it's bad for your controller if you bang the sticks around too hard.

amozarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6 amozarte
Member since 2008 • 1536 Posts
[QUOTE="srsfast"]

IrishWang

You are talking about a different type of calibration. You have something wrong with your analog sticks, possibly pushing too hard when you play games? I do it sometimes when I get into a game too much and don't realize it, but it's bad for your controller if you bang the sticks around too hard.

If you're saying that the xbox registers analog stick movement even if you're not pushing the stick, there is no way I know of to "calibrate" that on the 360. i believe the PC version of the 360 controller has the option, but not the console. If it's severe and happens all the time, it's time to replace your controller. Sorry!

EDIT: The controller should be covered by the console warranty (if you bought it with the console). You may be able to get it replaced by calling MS.

DarthMurth420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DarthMurth420
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
hi, i am wondering the same thing, my guy keeps moving forward to the left. i know its not the controller because i thought "o my controller must be getting old" so i bought a brand new one and its still happening, so im thinking its something to do with my system and not the controller