How to cool down xbox console faster...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darda_brooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darda_brooks
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I read a post about someone putting there xbox in the freezer DO NOT DO THAT!!! It will cause condensation and possibly ruin your console. What I do to cool it is use a Lasko Stanley cooling fan but, you can use any small high velocity fan. Just take out the disc, unplug it, and let the fan blow into vents. Thought I share this with you all.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

No need to cool it down if for starters you don't let it heat up, get a 10 dollars laptop cooling base and sit your console on it.

mpl911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 mpl911
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

@darda_brooks:

I had a problem which only affected GTAV on my 360. Every other game I had worked perfectly. I would play GTAV for about 20 minutes then it would hang and just completely freeze. The only option was to switch off the xbox at the plug and turn it on again. Then I would get maybe another 15 or 20 minutes before it happened again. It's a heat thing. I sucked all the dust out of the 360 and put it in a different place, etc. I approached Rockstar who advised the usual (clear the cache, try the disc in a different 360, etc).

Then I fixed it. You know those freezer block things, like this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Packs-Freezer-Blocks-250g-Blue/dp/B004LB38QM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1428404988&sr=8-4&keywords=freezer+block

...I just got 2 of these and placed them (on a cloth to soak up any condensation) on the 360 (with the 360 lying flat, not standing upright). After that, I was able to play for hours at a time. Never had the problem again (although I didn't do this anymore as I have a One now).

It's hardly practical, but it's cheap and definitely worked for me.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

A normal functioning one won't do that. You should get it repaired.

mpl911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 mpl911
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

@busterfriendly:

yes - he should, you're right. I opted for the One and took the plunge. The 360 gives me backwards-compatibility and runs any game other than GTAV (which I now have on the One anyway) without any problems.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#6 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

I don't have one for my Xbox One but I do have a Nyko intercooler for my Xbox 360 and it works perfectly. Going by the reviews for the Xbox One version, it sounds like that would be a good investment as well.

osnuf61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 osnuf61
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

I dunno if this will work on the xbox 360, but it did work on my ps3 slim wich gets very hot.

I simply put my ps3 on a grilled/vented metal surface and it stayed very cool.

When I touched my ps3 after hours of gaming there was almost no difference between the room temperture and the ps3 itself, wich isnt noticably hot.

I hope this works for 360 owners as well. And I also hope someone will read this.

(sorry for bad english)

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@osnuf61: This thread is 4 months old, please don't bump old threads as it's against the rules. I will now be locking this, thank you.