How to cancel XBL Gold Membership....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Roland1225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Roland1225
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts

So maybe Im going blind but ive looked on the XBL website and on my 360 under the membership info but I cant find where to cancel my gold membership so could someone please help me out.  It would be much appreceated.  Thank you.

kevster29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kevster29
Member since 2007 • 697 Posts
I heard you had to call them and tell them you dont want (1-800-4MYXBOX) or just in your membership settings take out your credit card number and they wont be able to renew your account
SoltanusFoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SoltanusFoo
Member since 2005 • 43 Posts

I just got through cancelling mine. I can say changing credit card info doesn't work. It verifies that the number you use is good when you save it. And changing the card's expiration date won't stop them from billing you. I changed my card's date a year ago and they never stopped billing, they just kept sending me an email saying the card was expired. The one time I changed the CC number to a card that no longer was valid, they not only stopped billing, but they totally locked my account making me unable to login to xbox live even as a silver member. It would log me in, say account invalid and log me out. I had to put in CC info just to be able to connect, update my gamerscore or message a friend.

To cancel the account you need:

1.)All account info. You need your name, your user id. your accounts telephone number, the last four digits of the CC, the full address on the account. If you aren't the credit card holder you also need them there. If any of these above items does not match their records they will not cancel the account.

2.)Call 1-800-4MY-XBOX

3.)Wade through the automated messages (it's not one of those press a number options, you have to say the name into the phone).

4.)Get a service rep, and essentially fight them over cancelling the account. I think I was asked three times why I was cancelling the account. They even asked if there was someone who was willing to pay for the account for me.

Go to them ready for battle. Make no mistake, they do NOT want you to cancel your subscription. They have made it as difficult as they possibly can just for that purpose. It's a shame that Microsoft does this. It reminds me of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Where the plans for the freeway that was to run through Arthur Dent's house had been on display and open to debate for a month according to the commisioner. Unfortunately for Arthur they had been in a dark basement with no lights underneath the town's city hall.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#4 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

1800 4 my xbox lol , all you can do , ,

unless you use those live cards you have to go through channels soRry lol

sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

So maybe Im going blind but ive looked on the XBL website and on my 360 under the membership info but I cant find where to cancel my gold membership so could someone please help me out. It would be much appreceated. Thank you.

Roland1225

You gotta call MS customer services to cancel-The number you will find on XBox.com.

T_IR_ii_C_IKz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 T_IR_ii_C_IKz
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Ive got it. If you are using a credit card/debit this should work. 1. Go to xbox.com and sign in etc 2. go to the drop down menu where it says my xbox and click "my account" 3. it should say on left hand side payment options. 4. click that and then click remove. :) Hope this helps destruct_q3a@hotmail.co.uk Gt: T IR ii C IKz
sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

So maybe Im going blind but ive looked on the XBL website and on my 360 under the membership info but I cant find where to cancel my gold membership so could someone please help me out. It would be much appreceated. Thank you.

Roland1225

You gotta call customer services to do it-you'll find the number on xbox.com

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

So them so they can verify it better.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
You can do this off xbox.com or even on your console. Should be under the manage account option for My Xbox.
T_IR_ii_C_IKz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 T_IR_ii_C_IKz
Yes! i have found how to do this. (Note: This will work if u have entered a credit card or debit card) 1. WWW.XBOX.COM 2. Sign In 3.Click the "My xbox" drop tab on the top right and go to My Account 4. It should say on left Membership level. 5. Click the "Auto RenewL 'ON' 6.PUT IT OFF. OR VISIT THIS LINK "https://live.xbox.com/en-GB/Flows/ManageSubscription/ChooseSubscription.aspx" :):) HOPE IT WORKS XD
astreets1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 astreets1
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

Ive got it. If you are using a credit card/debit this should work. 1. Go to xbox.com and sign in etc 2. go to the drop down menu where it says my xbox and click "my account" 3. it should say on left hand side payment options. 4. click that and then click remove. :) Hope this helps destruct_q3a@hotmail.co.uk Gt: T IR ii C IKzT_IR_ii_C_IKz

you can't do that if it's the card that your subscription is currently under....I ran into a similar problem when I got a new debit card....I had to call them and tell them to cancel the renewal because that card didn't exist anymore....I was half worried they'd get me for fraud, lol....It's not too difficult though....just call them

T_IR_ii_C_IKz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 T_IR_ii_C_IKz
Oh ok. Well now (2nd January 2011) they have removed the link where you can click "auto-renewal on/off". So to be honest, I think microsoft are conning people. I just mentioned trading standered and the storey changed. Happy new year btw my new gamertag is now "CaLL oF DuCkY x".... :)