How the heck do I get the jackpot achievement in BioShock!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by OmegaWeapon9 (1258 posts) -
Does anyone know if there is an easier way to get the "Jackpot" achievement in Bioshock. Is there some trick to it, or is it pure chance? I have done everything, spent so much money, and tried so many different machines. Yet, I just cant get the achievement and it seems many other people have no problem with getting it. Can someone help?
#2 Posted by KorJax (2564 posts) -
Pure chance, afaik.
#3 Posted by _RA0_ (855 posts) -
did you search up Gamefaq.com?
#4 Posted by Caveman626 (542 posts) -
Pure chance, I did it earlier today. I just saved before I was going to start gambline, then I just kept pressing A for about 5 minutes and was doin something on the computer at the same time, and with time, I got a jackpot. Good luck.
#5 Posted by gp19 (4247 posts) -
Just save before you start. Then spend 200 dollars on one machine, if you don't get it reload. Remember to stay on the same machine. I left that for last and after I did everything in Fort Frolic I just placed myself in front of a machine, saved, and spent like 180-200 dollars to get it, which doesn't really matter because you get 500 when you get the achievement.
#6 Posted by crusher2002000 (645 posts) -

Just save before you start. Then spend 200 dollars on one machine, if you don't get it reload. Remember to stay on the same machine. I left that for last and after I did everything in Fort Frolic I just placed myself in front of a machine, saved, and spent like 180-200 dollars to get it, which doesn't really matter because you get 500 when you get the achievement.gp19

ya i reccomend doing this i did it and it took me 5 mins to get the achievement

#7 Posted by catanzariti (489 posts) -
funny you make this thread cause i just got thatachivment..im on my 2nd play through also. You have to be in fort froolic(dunno if thats the only place where they have slot machines) i got it 2nd try i got jackpot the first time but didnt get the acheivment then went to the machine next to it and got jackpot and it had ribbons coming from it then..BAM...acheivment poped up:D
#8 Posted by Sydwynder (643 posts) -

I kid you not, I got it on the first machine I went to, that being the firstVLT machine I even walked by. Took me about 60 bucks to get, but it was easy. I got it twice after that on different machines too just for the cash. I don't know if that helps. Do like the other guys said, save and retry if necessary.

#9 Posted by Tree06 (3552 posts) -
I had 500 dollars and I kept gambling until I got the achievement.
#10 Posted by rashpant (8 posts) -

I had 500 dollars and I kept gambling until I got the achievement.Tree06

Thanx gonna try that now!

#11 Posted by SadExchange (1866 posts) -
What I did was used the electrobolt plasmid on the machine, than put money in and won it the first time. Everytime.
#12 Posted by oo769er (2539 posts) -

What I did was used the electrobolt plasmid on the machine, than put money in and won it the first time. Everytime.SadExchange

Sweet! that worked thanks. :)

#13 Posted by capthavic (6478 posts) -
Just save the game, play the same machine till you win, or reload if you go broke.