How long does a pre ordered game take to arrive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by xxchadxxchad (191 posts) -

Hi, I pre ordered black ops from gamestop. I was wondering how long it would take to get to my doorstep? Thanks!

#2 Posted by gameofthering (10423 posts) -

Before the games release anyway.

#3 Posted by 000000000111 (406 posts) -

2 months and approx 7-12 days depending on the ship method.

#4 Posted by dstv (1363 posts) -

???...pre-ordering a game doesnt get it delivered to your house(if thats what you meant) and it depends on the games actual release date( you have a reserved copy in the store)

#5 Posted by Duke_51 (786 posts) -

Hi, I pre ordered black ops from gamestop. I was wondering how long it would take to get to my doorstep? Thanks!

xxchadxxchad

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that pre ordering a game just meant that on release day, you could go into the store and be guaranteed a copy, and also pay for the game ahead of time.

#6 Posted by 000000000111 (406 posts) -

[QUOTE="xxchadxxchad"]

Duke_51

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that pre ordering a game just meant that on release day, you could go into the store and be guaranteed a copy, and also pay for the game ahead of time.

Gamestop offers multiple ways for you to get a pre-order:

1 - in store reservation to be picked up on release day,

2 - online reservation that you can pick up at your local store within 2 days of release (after the second day it will automatically be charged to the card number provided online during your pre-order transaction, if you pick it up within those two days you can use any accepted payment method),

3 - online reservation that will be shipped to your home (this can be over-nighted so you receive your pre-order on the street date although it costs a little extra, otherwise the standard 5-10 business days applies)

#7 Posted by Xeogua (1542 posts) -

And when you go to pick it up, what do you tell them, my mom pre ordered it when she got my birthday, and I can go pick it up, but will I need to give them her name or just my name or something like that?

#8 Posted by MazehcS0ul (1773 posts) -

xxchadxxchad

Well sometimes they deliver it on the day when Black Ops comes out and other games

#9 Posted by croogiie (13 posts) -
I don't know, but when I pre-ordered some games from play.com I got them 1 day before their official release date.