How is the Xbox One these days?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

It probably wasn't worth it when it first came out but now that the Xbox One is beginning to gain momentum and there are more games that are on par graphics wise with PS4, would you say it's worth getting one now?

peruwolf93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 peruwolf93
Member since 2010 • 110 Posts

If you have the money why not. Although there are rumors a slim one is coming next year.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

The "PS4 is better graphics" thing is marketing nonsense. Sony just needed something to claim was better since they get absolutely blown away on the features of the system.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

busterfriendly said:

The "PS4 is better graphics" thing is marketing nonsense. Sony just needed something to claim was better since they get absolutely blown away on the features of the system.

No, that was actually true, but Xbox execs freed up space & power from the Kinect which was draining CPU, and made actual strides to close the power gap between the PS4/Xbone. Xbox executives didn't order those changes to get more power to the Xbone for no reason and we Xbone owners are better for it. They didn't entirely close the gap, but they certainly got a lot closer than they were at launch.

That said, it boils down to if people care enough about the graphics/performance or not. I own all the machines, so I'm just going to buy the best versions of the games because I can, just like last gen and the gen before that. You are also overblowing the features, but I won't even get into that. Right now, last gen machines are better media hubs (more format support, more apps) than the current gen machines.

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts

@busterfriendly:

PS3 had better graphics than 360 and that didn't stop people from buying 360 over PS3 . I think it comes down to what you like more , I made my decision by Controller and what im familiar with ive had Xbox Since 2001 . I switched from PS2 Which was a amazing system but have always liked Xbox better something attracts me to its community look and layout . Xbox one is a great value and offers great features like Snap , feature and great and easy multitasking jobs that make life easier while gaming some are gimmicky but are fun . Being able to turn the Xbox on by Voice is a very nice addition im in the kitchen getting a drink and simply say " Xbox On" and its on is awesome some say its lazy but hey the feature is there im gonna use it . Just do your research buy the console for YOU !

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BusterFriendly

No, they've always been the same graphics wise which is expected at the same price point. The first one I did a comparison on was Tomb Raider as it was one of the first on both platforms with updated graphics. There was basically no difference between the two.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I got it and it owns.

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

It probably wasn't worth it when it first came out but now that the Xbox One is beginning to gain momentum and there are more games that are on par graphics wise with PS4, would you say it's worth getting one now?

What games look better on PS4? In my eyes, Ryse is still the best looking next gen games I've seen.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SolidTy

busterfriendly said:

No, they've always been the same graphics wise which is expected at the same price point. The first one I did a comparison on was Tomb Raider as it was one of the first on both platforms with updated graphics. There was basically no difference between the two.

Tomb Raider is a poor example because it's a last gen port. The real evidence in differences would be games that have NEVER been on PS3 or 360. Cross gen games are made for last gen and ported to Xbone/PS4 and really don't use the new generational power like a game that would be designed ground up for Xbone or PS4.

Here's how you can really see the difference. If the game is for PS360, disqualify the Xbone/Ps4 version. Wait for games that are for new gen consoles only.

Look at the early 360 games that were ports of PS2. Tony Hawk's American Wasteland or GUN. Those games were on 360, but they looked last gen and a bit polished up in some cases. Terrible showcases of the 360s power. Those games didn't reveal the 360s true power, it was games designed ONLY for 360 and NOT for PS2/Xbox/GC where we can see games pushing HARDWARE. Games like GeoW (Gears of War) revealed the true power of the 360. Same for Xbone, looking at Tomb Raider which was designed for PS360 is not a good showcase of the true might and power of the Xbone and PS4, which can run circles with Tomb Raider since TR was designed for machines 9+ years old. You didn't see much of a difference in TR because the game was made for old hardware. There was differences according to the critics, but they were minor and the game itself is disqualified anyways since it's a last gen game.

sugistyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 sugistyle
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Atm sadly don't have justification buying the game aside from Project Spark

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22367 Posts

It's my only system now... that's how much I love it.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I'm not too happy with my Xbox One truth be told, after 6 months of not touching it I opened it recently just to download the new update for it. Right now there's just nothing that interests me and I buy my multiplats for my PS4. I want Quantum Break damn it!

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Xbox One is def. Great deal. If you like having games with replayability and online features its a great system. Also a nice variety of multiplat games that aren't available on other systems.

If you just like casual multiplat gaming then yeah you might be better off with a PS4. I just have xbone because it has more multiplats that PS4 doesn't offer and I prefer the exclusives on xbox one over what competing platforms have.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SolidTy

@BigBadBully said:
I just have xbone because it has more multiplats that PS4 doesn't offer

The Xbone does have multiplats the PS4 doesn't have, that's true...but the Xbone doesn't have more. It's actually the opposite. The PS4 has more games and more multiplats that the Xbone does not have. I know as I own both since launch and keep up with the libraries.

This link may help you (188 PS4 to 144 Xbone total games, 84 PS4 retail vs. 79 Xbone retail).

http://www.listwar.com/released-games/

I agree though, it does boil down to tastes. Go with the games you like, of course. If that means buy Xbone, Wii U, PS4, upgrade your PC, or whatever, go with the flow. :)

I just wanted to correct you on that one part you had wrong.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#15 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

so far ok, a good ammount of high and low profile games

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

im enjoying the Xbox One it has some decent games and it's only going to get better, not interested in buying a PS4.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

not too happy about the whole of this new gen to be honest.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

so good that there is no time for me to check the forums :)

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

Whoa! Troll alert! I had to edit my original post. If all you care about is graphics then just stick to the PC!

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BusterFriendly

That was the only reason to buy a console back in the PS2 and earlier days. These days with streaming media and the Internet they can do much more.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6072 Posts

I love my Xbox One,don't really know to much about the PS4.Except I'm not getting one.