how do you switch change your windows live ID from ur gamertag

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mouldy133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 mouldy133
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts

how do i move my RebornJames gamertag from one email address to another

ive got an email called m133 and i have had this for ages i tried to make a live account called mouldy122 but it didnt work so i had an unactive live account and then i got live and made a new email called  godheaven because my proper email adress had m122 and m122 didnt have my gamerscore on it. so now ive got rebornjames linked to a crappy email account and i want to link it with my original email account becuase ive now deleted m122

Anyhelp would be much apppreciated thanks

Peter_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Peter_Panda
Member since 2005 • 1167 Posts
Bottom line, you can't. The gamertag and its associated passport account (passport, hotmail, Windows Live ID, whatever the heck name you want to give it, it's all the same) are PERMANENTLY tied together, til death do them part or something.

I've tried everything. The only thing I didn't try is calling Microsoft and beg them to make the switch.
jdwollmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jdwollmann
Member since 2006 • 613 Posts
sure, all you have to do is before you sign up on x box live you have to select YOUR account and see the thing above?, if you see the numbers counting on the sign up thing you select YOUR account and then go in play game on x box live and then you'll be able to play YOUR account your welcome.