How do I use my headphones on X1?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

With my ps4, I just plug them into the controller. Seems to be missing on the x1, can I use like my iPhone headphones on it somehow?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Good Luck.

I'm interested myself. I have thousands of dollars in speakers and I never actually tried to plug in iPhone headphones, but it would be nice to know the answer for teens and others with peculiar living situations.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Apparently if you buy the Xbox One Headset adapter you can plug in 3.5mm headphones, but not sure how true that is.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MikeHockbourns

@SolidTy said:

Good Luck.

I'm interested myself. I have thousands of dollars in speakers and I never actually tried to plug in iPhone headphones, but it would be nice to know the answer for teens and others with peculiar living situations.

I prefer headphones to "thousands of dollars" worth of speakers.

shrugs*

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@mikehockbourns said:

@SolidTy said:

Good Luck.

shrugs*

Good one. :P One time I heard a guy say he prefers Netflix streaming sound on his LCD speakers. You can like whatever you want, that's what I say! :P In that case, maybe check out a sound-bar one day. Myself? I used to use earbuds and headphones too. These days I have a high end 7.1 surround sound set up using one of the higher end brand AVR with Def tech tower speakers, being that I own my own home. I also have a 5.1 AVR setup in my family room. I know my gear isn't for everyone as I'm a huge audio and visual enthusiast and I enjoy calibrating my setups and my friends to recreate a theatre experience. I didn't used to be a sound enthusiast either, but I went to the movies A LOT and part of that was it turned out I loved sound, which is also why I go to so many concerts to see my favorite bands. I have a strong doubt if you sat in my house with a new generation game or a lossless (no compression) Blu-ray movie (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-Master HD Audio) you would still prefer your two channel tiny earbuds/headphones from an iPhone, but I know this is the forums and you felt you had to make that humorous comment. A lot of people don't get into sound until later in life, but it's great for Xbone and PS4. I would recommend checking out a serious setup one day just to hear what these machines are cranking out all the time that is lost to regular 2 channel speakers with little range.

I truly want to know the earbud setup as my nephew lives with his parents and I gave him my expensive turtle beach elite headphones for his PS360 and handhelds and eventually he's going to get a PS4/Xbone and it would be nice to know the answer when that comes because he can't afford thousands of dollars in sound for a bedroom, nor would his parents appreciate a loud setup like that emanating from his bedroom. He plays online COD and stuff like that.

iPhone Earbuds are nice. I still have some still (I think have like 5 sets of them). I use them when I go jogging with my phone or working out at the gym. I like headphones for that stuff, like at the Dentist office or something.

It looks like you need to purchase the Xbone stereo headset adapter. It's sold at Amazon for $57.98 and another one at $48 range. It looks like for Xbone you are going to need to spend money to use your headphones. That's strange, as you mentioned in your OP, that the PS4 lets you plug in your headset for free. I didn't realize that advantage. I think Best Buy had them for $25 during Xmas when I was walking by (I like to check out new speakers and HDTVs every year at various retailers), check there. Good luck with your iPhone earbud solution.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MikeHockbourns

@SolidTy said:

@mikehockbourns said:

@SolidTy said:

Good Luck.

shrugs*

Good one. :P One time I heard a guy say he prefers Netflix streaming sound on his LCD speakers. You can like whatever you want, that's what I say! :P In that case, maybe check out a sound-bar one day. Myself? I used to use earbuds and headphones too. These days I have a high end 7.1 surround sound set up using one of the higher end brand AVR with Def tech tower speakers, being that I own my own home. I also have a 5.1 AVR setup in my family room. I know my gear isn't for everyone as I'm a huge audio and visual enthusiast and I enjoy calibrating my setups and my friends to recreate a theatre experience. I didn't used to be a sound enthusiast either, but I went to the movies A LOT and part of that was it turned out I loved sound, which is also why I go to so many concerts to see my favorite bands. I have a strong doubt if you sat in my house with a new generation game or a lossless (no compression) Blu-ray movie (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-Master HD Audio) you would still prefer your two channel tiny earbuds/headphones from an iPhone, but I know this is the forums and you felt you had to make that humorous comment. A lot of people don't get into sound until later in life, but it's great for Xbone and PS4. I would recommend checking out a serious setup one day just to hear what these machines are cranking out all the time that is lost to regular 2 channel speakers with little range.

I truly want to know the earbud setup as my nephew lives with his parents and I gave him my expensive turtle beach elite headphones for his PS360 and handhelds and eventually he's going to get a PS4/Xbone and it would be nice to know the answer when that comes because he can't afford thousands of dollars in sound for a bedroom, nor would his parents appreciate a loud setup like that emanating from his bedroom. He plays online COD and stuff like that.

iPhone Earbuds are nice. I still have some still (I think have like 5 sets of them). I use them when I go jogging with my phone or working out at the gym. I like headphones for that stuff, like at the Dentist office or something.

It looks like you need to purchase the Xbone stereo headset adapter. It's sold at Amazon for $57.98 and another one at $48 range. It looks like for Xbone you are going to need to spend money to use your headphones. That's strange, as you mentioned in your OP, that the PS4 lets you plug in your headset for free. I didn't realize that advantage. I think Best Buy had them for $25 during Xmas when I was walking by (I like to check out new speakers and HDTVs every year at various retailers), check there. Good luck with your iPhone earbud solution.

i checked and ms store has em for 25. looks exactly like the bottom piece to the free headset that comes with the system, except with a 3.5 port.

I guess theres a reason they call it M$

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

Yes, you need the stereo headset adapter which you get included in any "Xbox One" label headset. I got it with a turtle beach headset.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#8 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Rub them on your chest

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@busterfriendly said:

Yes, you need the stereo headset adapter which you get included in any "Xbox One" label headset. I got it with a turtle beach headset.

So with this headset adapter, you can use any 3.5mm headphone with it?

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

Yes, it's a standard headphone plug in the adapter. It also adds all the volume control and chat buttons.