how do i kill a Will-O-Wisp in Oblivion ????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Ipik_Fenris (3627 posts) -
i need to kill one, to get the wisp glow to talk with Azura !!! how do i ?? im an Orc lvl 6 btw :shock:
#2 Posted by fore_runner (8704 posts) -
I always just beat the **** out of it with my weapon...
#3 Posted by Ipik_Fenris (3627 posts) -
when i hit it with my Steel Battle Axe ( :) ) it says......your attack has no effect.......so how do i ?
#4 Posted by fore_runner (8704 posts) -
when i hit it with my Steel Battle Axe ( :) ) it says......your attack has no effect.......so how do i ?Ipik_Fenris
Try some spells...
#5 Posted by unknown-phenom (1807 posts) -
you need to get a weapon besides iron steel, etc. i always got the silver long sword and just went and did that
#6 Posted by rdo (10314 posts) -
you need silver or magic wepons.  they are the same as ghosts.
#7 Posted by gp19 (4247 posts) -
Magic, or a weapon with magic (I think a regular weapon does damage but i'm not sure). You're at a pretty low level, so start throwing flares until it dies.
#8 Posted by unknown-phenom (1807 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ipik_Fenris"]when i hit it with my Steel Battle Axe ( :) ) it says......your attack has no effect.......so how do i ?fore_runner
Try some spells...

or that im pretty sure that spells work also

#9 Posted by darksusperia (6899 posts) -
yea I just cast shock spells at it or hit it with a magic weapon. deadric weapon might work too if you have one.
#10 Posted by rdo (10314 posts) -
#11 Posted by Ipik_Fenris (3627 posts) -
i have only 10 hrs of gameplay....... and i own a Silver Axe.....will it work ???
#12 Posted by rdo (10314 posts) -
i have only 10 hrs of gameplay....... and i own a Silver Axe.....will it work ??? Ipik_Fenris
yes
#13 Posted by deadlypencil (455 posts) -

i just used that lvl 1 flare thing my guy came with. just run away ..flare... run away... flare and repeat.

#14 Posted by quetzalcoatl45 (1851 posts) -
Ghost's and the like can only be hurt buy Sliver, Deadric or Magic Weapons.

#15 Posted by PSYCO109 (789 posts) -
Just wack it untill it dies and if it keeps killing you the try to guess when it is going to attack and lock or move back
#16 Posted by Trickshot771 (12686 posts) -
Use magic/silver/daedric weapons or spells. When it glows red back away because it's going to cast that stupid absorb health/magic spell on you.
#17 Posted by Ipik_Fenris (3627 posts) -
why is that silver hurts them........and not..steel..iron......??
#18 Posted by SymphonicWaves (832 posts) -
When I started, and my wep's could't hurt them, I'd fireball the hell out of them.
#19 Posted by SymphonicWaves (832 posts) -
why is that silver hurts them........and not..steel..iron......??Ipik_Fenris
I dunno, I guess cause it's spose to have magical properties or something. Like with werewolves oh sumfin.
#20 Posted by shaggyaz (2279 posts) -
silver weap or magic
#21 Posted by bman784 (6755 posts) -
Use a silver or magic weapon (I doubt you have offensive magic judging by your race and level). Bring potions a-plenty and whack away at it taking periodic breaks to heal. Will-O-the-Wisps are admittedly one of the toughest enemies in the game. The can dish out a lot of pain and it's very difficult to damage them even with the most powerful magic. My offensive magic mage character with mastery destruction has a hard time taking one down.
#22 Posted by Yoshi_Hunter (1614 posts) -
Stab it in the eye, ever been stabbed in the eye before? hurts liek a bizzizatch.
#23 Posted by Orakk (951 posts) -

You need a lightening weapon.

I have read that some place...

-Orakk

#24 Posted by Bubble_Man (3090 posts) -
   Use silver, daedric, or enchanted weapons. Will-O-Wisps are spirits, so they have the same weaknesses as phantoms and ghosts.
#25 Posted by Flaming_Ape (3246 posts) -
You just have to cast a magical spell on it that can cause damage, and you'll kill them before you know it (one example of a damage spell is Flare)
#26 Posted by gamemaster1707 (240 posts) -
try some spells or an enchanted weapon
#27 Posted by kyle_1865 (1025 posts) -
i need to kill one, to get the wisp glow to talk with Azura !!! how do i ?? im an Orc lvl 6 btw :shock:Ipik_Fenris
kill em with umbra
#28 Posted by Druid619 (1364 posts) -
LMAO at kyle_1865's sig, plus its best to use weapons and spells at the same time.
#29 Posted by DaveyBoy123 (2216 posts) -
i need to kill one, to get the wisp glow to talk with Azura !!! how do i ?? im an Orc lvl 6 btw :shock:Ipik_Fenris
its actually simple, see, you take a daedric, silver, or enchanted weapons, or spells thats it, good job
#30 Posted by Generic_Dude (11707 posts) -

There's glow dust in one of the Mage's Guild halls. I think in Bruma.

#31 Posted by Cornerstore (2137 posts) -
just use flare a whole bunch of times on it then it will die and you can take those essence things and put them on the statue.
#32 Posted by stevenk4k5 (5605 posts) -
You need to use Silver weapons.
#33 Posted by TigerGuy06 (345 posts) -
Yeah. The hit-and-run with a spell method works the best. Best of luck to you