How do I change my NAT type?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by coolkid93 (6715 posts) -

How do I change my NAT type on my 360? Right now it's set to strict. When I had XBL gold, whenever I tried to get into a game, I couldn't connect to one, even whenever I tried to host one. I was lucky if I got 1 or 2 games to play in. I want to either change it to moderate or open.

Also I'm using my laptop as a 360 wireless adapter. My 360 is plugged into my computer so do I also have to change something on my computer as well? Can I just change my NAT type from my console?

#2 Posted by Tokeism (2305 posts) -

Open the xbox live ports

#3 Posted by coolkid93 (6715 posts) -
That's it? Nothing else? I'm trying to set it to at least moderate.
#4 Posted by metroidprime55 (17657 posts) -

How do you open the Xbox Live ports?

#5 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23408 posts) -
If you are using ICS? Well you are going to have to enable the ports on your router, and through ICS.
#6 Posted by coolkid93 (6715 posts) -
If you are using ICS? Well you are going to have to enable the ports on your router, and through ICS.JigglyWiggly_
I have no Ideal. I'll need to check.

How do you open the Xbox Live ports?

metroidprime55
That's another thing I should've asked.
#7 Posted by kamikaze_pigmy (8362 posts) -
You're probably using Internet Connection Sharing. Don't. Bridge the connections instead. That should work. If not, connect directly to your router with the wireless adapter.
#8 Posted by coolkid93 (6715 posts) -
You're probably using Internet Connection Sharing. Don't. Bridge the connections instead. That should work. If not, connect directly to your router with the wireless adapter.kamikaze_pigmy
I'm bridging my connections with my laptop already and I don't want to spend $100 on some wireless adapter but thanks anyways. Thanks everyone.
#9 Posted by metroidprime55 (17657 posts) -

I still don't know how to open the Xbox Live ports.