Help me make gaming exciting again...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jurassic85 (2184 posts) -

Halo: Reach was the first game that I got for my 360. I played it to death! Before that I had mostly been a Nintendo guy, so having the ability to chat, and play on a console with HD graphics was amazing. Now two years later, no game excited me as much as Reach did. Maybe my attention spam is shorter, I'm already bored of Black Ops 2. Are there any multiplayer games that you would recommend that can excite me again? Maybe I just need to get Halo 4....

#2 Posted by x-2tha-z (8904 posts) -
Maybe you need to stop playing online shooters?
#3 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

Maybe I just need to get Halo 4....

Jurassic85
That does seem like the obvious solution to your conundrum. I'd also recommend Battlefield: Bad Company 2 but I don't know how active it is.
#4 Posted by Primordialous (1313 posts) -

You don't have to stick to online shooters. Halo 4 is what I would recommend, but there are plenty of non-shooter games that are really fun and addicting.

Red Dead Redemption (WRPG)

Prince of Persia (Action-adventure)

Skyrim (RPG)

Borderlands

Batman: Arkham City

#5 Posted by Jurassic85 (2184 posts) -
LOL I mention a few shooters so people assume that is all that I play haha. Thanks to those of you that actually gave suggestions. I already played RDR, Arkham City (and Asylum), Skyrim, BFBC2 and both Borderlands. I play all types of games. I loved Dragon Age, Portal 2, Deus Ex, etc. I am looking for more of a multiplayer game, because I already have a large back log of single player games to finish, and there's always more to do in Skyrim. I've considered L4D2, but heard horrible things about the community.
#6 Posted by CTR360 (7327 posts) -
HALO4 darksiders2 castlevania LOS alanwake dark souls sleeping dogs
#7 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

I would say play Mass Effect 1, but if your attention span is shorter ...

Gears? That's some good simple violence.

Forza? Play with the difficulty to suit, it's driving expensive cars fast.

Vanquish? Check out reviews, might be what you're after.

Fallout/Oblivion/Skyrim? Always something to do and doesn't take long to start doing it.

#8 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

Primordialous

1314029819767.png

#9 Posted by Schreek (1636 posts) -

You don't have to stick to online shooters. Halo 4 is what I would recommend, but there are plenty of non-shooter games that are really fun and addicting.

Skyrim (RPG)

Borderlands

Primordialous

Red Dead Redemption is a 3rd person shooter......

#10 Posted by Lulekani (2151 posts) -

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

Skyrim (RPG)

Borderlands

Schreek

yeaaaaah. . . . I wouldnt tango with what constitutes an RPG if I were you. Its just not worth defending anymore.
#11 Posted by ristactionjakso (6115 posts) -

LOL I mention a few shooters so people assume that is all that I play haha. Thanks to those of you that actually gave suggestions. I already played RDR, Arkham City (and Asylum), Skyrim, BFBC2 and both Borderlands. I play all types of games. I loved Dragon Age, Portal 2, Deus Ex, etc. I am looking for more of a multiplayer game, because I already have a large back log of single player games to finish, and there's always more to do in Skyrim. I've considered L4D2, but heard horrible things about the community. Jurassic85
You could try out Far Cry 3 and just play the Co-op mode and MP. They are pretty decent, but not a whole lot of people playing the MP or co-op because they are still on the story mode. But expect more people in time to play online because the gameplay is pretty good. Once you are done with your backlog, you can start the story mode in far cry 3.

#12 Posted by Schreek (1636 posts) -

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

Skyrim (RPG)

Borderlands

Lulekani

yeaaaaah. . . . I wouldnt tango with what constitutes an RPG if I were you. Its just not worth defending anymore.

When you are calling a game with no RPG elements an RPG, you are wrong.

#13 Posted by BadNewsBen (1493 posts) -
A few games that sort of sparked my hardcore interest in video games were Halo (you should get 4. 4 is better than Reach IMO), Bioshock, Red Dead, and Dark Souls. If you play Dark Souls and tell me you're still not excited, then I don't know what to tell you. I think a big issue in gaming right now is that people are relatively unaware of what they're interested in. I have a lot of friends who mostly just own Xbox's for sports titles and FPS, but as soon as I introduce an RPG or Adventure game, their mind is blown and they get hooked. RPGs have a way of pulling you in the game that FPS tend not to.
#14 Posted by gamerfreak1991 (2501 posts) -

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

NirdBerd

1314029819767.png

I thought the same thing... Haha.
#15 Posted by Nintatterdemon (69 posts) -
Try Walking Dead, I had an excellent time with it.
#16 Posted by Jurassic85 (2184 posts) -
Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll give dark souls a try. Also I've already played the walking dead, and yes it was amazing. I agree with whoever said that RPGs can spark interest. I loved Fallout 3, and many other RPGs. There's tons of fun to be had playing solo.
#17 Posted by hellokittymas (120 posts) -

ever try dark souls?

#18 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

check out walking dead? i felt like a little kid playing for like 3-4 hours on ep1. Get out of the FPS area...

Vanquish short game but crazy fun. sicne it's short make sure you get cheap

#19 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll give dark souls a try. Also I've already played the walking dead, and yes it was amazing. I agree with whoever said that RPGs can spark interest. I loved Fallout 3, and many other RPGs. There's tons of fun to be had playing solo. Jurassic85

dark souls!!!!!!!!!!!!! the very one game i refuse to sale or refuse let any my friends barrow it....

remember your going die but it's sorta a works for the game and not get bored. ALSO the game isn't cheap. IF you die it's your fualt lol IMO learn how to defend/attack and you will own.

#20 Posted by Flamingpostman (1172 posts) -

you deffinatly need to get into something else besides online shooters.. i cant stand them now they are so repetitive the last shooter i fully enjoyed was halo 2

#21 Posted by Lulekani (2151 posts) -

you deffinatly need to get into something else besides online shooters.. i cant stand them now they are so repetitive the last shooter i fully enjoyed was halo 2

Flamingpostman
perhaps online shooters that are more co-operative than competive is the way to go. Interested ?
#22 Posted by sukraj (23680 posts) -

Try Gears of War 3, Halo 4, or Far Cry 3.

#23 Posted by BLAS1AN (3452 posts) -

try Indie game called "No Luca No". fun times

#24 Posted by Megavideogamer (5501 posts) -

In the end in is up to you to make gaming exciting again for yourself. But since the Xbox 360 launched in 2005. Why not play every top ten Xbox 360 games from the years 2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012.

That is 80 Xbox 360 games. The top ten games of 8 years. Halo Reach and Black ops 2 are just 2 of those games. If gaming is no longer exciting for you. Then it is time for you to quit.

#25 Posted by Flamingpostman (1172 posts) -

dark souls is perfect for you! callenging and its addictive.

#26 Posted by realguitarhero5 (3903 posts) -

Dark Souls, mhmm. It never gets recommended and I always end up being the one who recommends it.