Help me get this headset to work.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Sins-of-Mosin (3855 posts) -
Pretty much I only want audio coming from the head set. I just tried a game and I could not hear any audio coming from the head set. I tried the volume and turning the switch up and down. I assume I should be able to hear the game thru the one ear speaker?
#2 Posted by A22A221N_47 (770 posts) -

press the xbox button on ur controller and go to personal settings then click on voice and then look at the bottom where it says

Play through headset

Play through Speakers

Play through Both........ and then see if thats the problem.

#3 Posted by angryguywalking (922 posts) -
Was it working before? If it was and it was the headset that came with the XBOX then I know how you feel man but if you just wait for a while it usually gets working again.
#4 Posted by Sins-of-Mosin (3855 posts) -
No, this is the first time I'm trying it. Let me be clear - I want the game audio to come thru the head set, not voices from other players. Can the head set do that? I will try your suggestion A22A221N_47.
#5 Posted by A22A221N_47 (770 posts) -
no dude only voices go through the headset.
#6 Posted by LeviLRP (751 posts) -
You cannot do that.
#7 Posted by Sins-of-Mosin (3855 posts) -

no dude only voices go through the headset.A22A221N_47

Yeah, I just seen that and confirmed it. Man, that's a waste of a head set to have it only play back player voices. Oh well, on to plan b. Thanks for your help.

#8 Posted by LeviLRP (751 posts) -

[QUOTE="A22A221N_47"]no dude only voices go through the headset.Sins-of-Mosin

Yeah, I just seen that and confirmed it. Man, that's a waste of a head set to have it only play back player voices. Oh well, on to plan b. Thanks for your help.

Waist of money? First of all the system comes with a head set so you don't have to spend any money on it. Second it is for talking to other players. How could you talk to others if all you can hear is the game? The game volume would be to high for you to be able to hear your teammates or to low to hear the game.

#9 Posted by Sins-of-Mosin (3855 posts) -
Same way I do on my PC, there are volume sliders to easily adjust how loud the game noise and people's voices. I didn't say it was a waste of money, I said it was a waste of a head set.
#10 Posted by CradleXX (2820 posts) -
You can buy a turtle Beach headset. Works for game audio.
#11 Posted by LeviLRP (751 posts) -

Same way I do on my PC, there are volume sliders to easily adjust how loud the game noise and people's voices. I didn't say it was a waste of money, I said it was a waste of a head set.Sins-of-Mosin

Ok my bad for misreading the post. I don't see the use in that though.

#12 Posted by atlargkiller (1 posts) -
mine works perfectly just plug it into ur controller turn the headset on turn the volume up and change the settings