Help Me Choose a Game!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Maverick6575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Maverick6575
Member since 2012 • 230 Posts

I have 1,200 spare Microsoft points ($15), and I dunno what to get. I've been debating getting one of the BF3 DLCs (dunno which one to get though), but I just got my 360, so I don't have many games, and want to build up my library.

So, should I a BF3 DLC (and if so, then which one) or another game (and if so, then what game)?

Game Speifications: I like shooter like BF3 and Halo, and I like creepy/scary games like Alan Wake and Dead Space. Preferably something story driven, unless it's a game made mostly for multipayer (like BF3)

KeitekeTokage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KeitekeTokage
Member since 2011 • 770 Posts

Really old I know, but you should add this to your library if you like creepy/scary games OP. I'm into the same types of games. (Origianl F.E.A.R game)

http://www.gamespot.com/f-e-a-r/platform/xbox360/

Edit: There are two additional F.E.A.R games if that one seems interesting to you, but most feel including myself the origianl is better than 2 and 3 unfortunately. Some youtube playthrough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q7g7CLdxDo

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#3 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

It's not a shooter, but if you like story driven games I recommend The Walking Dead. Very intense and I hear there is a special on XBL right now where you can get the first episode at a discount. I would also recommend MineCraft, it's very addictive and it can be kind of scary if you make things chase you lol.

micheal82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 micheal82
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Try the first episode of The Walking Dead if you don't like it get the Battlefield DLC.

Maverick6575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Maverick6575

It's not a shooter, but if you like story driven games I recommend The Walking Dead. Very intense and I hear there is a special on XBL right now where you can get the first episode at a discount. I would also recommend MineCraft, it's very addictive and it can be kind of scary if you make things chase you lol.

ShadowMoses900
The Walking Dead was free the other day, so I downloaded it. I haven't tried it out yet. I've tried Minecraft before. It's alright, but I wouldn't pay for it. The free Pocket Edition's good for me.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#6 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Maverick6575

The Walking Dead was free the other day, so I downloaded it. I haven't tried it out yet. I've tried Minecraft before. It's alright, but I wouldn't pay for it. The free Pocket Edition's good for me.

You'll enjoy The Walking Dead for sure. I do see where your coming from MineCraft though, I think it's a good game but it does get old after a while.

Maverick6575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Maverick6575

[QUOTE="Maverick6575"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

You'll enjoy The Walking Dead for sure. I do see where your coming from MineCraft though, I think it's a good game but it does get old after a while.

Although the story seemed great (HUGE fan of the TV show) I didn't like the gameplay. For the tense parts (kicking the babysitter-walker off) it was cool, but the rest of the time it felt really limited. Are the any 360 zombie games like the Day Z Arma 2 mod or War Z?
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Maverick6575

Free and xbox don't get along, you mean pc and maybe torrent?

Maverick6575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Maverick6575

[QUOTE="Maverick6575"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

_TheJoker_

Free and xbox don't get along, you mean pc and maybe torrent?

I was surprised too. But the first episode was free for like two or three days. Then the series went on sale
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

The Walking Dead isn't about gameplay it's about the feels man. The story is great. By not playing it you're doing yourself an injustice.

Maverick6575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Maverick6575

The Walking Dead isn't about gameplay it's about the feels man. The story is great. By not playing it you're doing yourself an injustice.

Masenkoe
The story seems great, but I can't get myself into it without good gameplay. It's like movie. It can have a really good plot but if the actors are crap or the visuals are bad, you won't want to watch it.
Maverick6575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Maverick6575

Has anybody played Rage? Seems pretty cool to me.

FeiYenKen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 FeiYenKen
Member since 2010 • 247 Posts

Doom. Blacklight. Alien Hominid.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#14 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
you could get some XBLA games for that money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Has anybody played Rage? Seems pretty cool to me.

Maverick6575

I played it for ten hours, but never got into it really. Gorgeous visuals, but been there, done that.

It's on my ToFinish list though, close to the top.

If you like FPS and scary games, maybe you could give Condemned 1 & 2 a try, they are not lengthy games and are outdated now, but good games non the less.

Maverick6575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Maverick6575

So I've decided that I want a DLC. But now I don't know which one to get: one the BF3 DLCs (probably Back to Karkand) or both the Alan Wake DLCs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Ok, Alan wake has 3 "DLC"s. Two are new chapters for the original game, the third is American Nightmare, which is a game on its own but nowhere near the quality of the original game.

The bad thing is that you can finish both chapters in under 2 hours (unless you are going for all the achievements, if that is the case, then get them).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Also American Nightmare doesnt need the original game, and will take 6+ hours to finish.

But if you don't own the original, then go for that first and then buy the two aditional chapters (you say you like the game, but you didn't say that you own the game).

Maverick6575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Maverick6575

Also American Nightmare doesnt need the original game, and will take 6+ hours to finish.

But if you don't own the original, then go for that first and then buy the two aditional chapters (you say you like the game, but you didn't say that you own the game).

_TheJoker_
Sorry, forgot to mention that bit. I have Alan Wake and Alan Wake's American Nightmare already.
debryson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 debryson
Member since 2010 • 58 Posts

Late but if your still looking for just good games to try out. check out Limbo. No real story but the atmosphere is amazing. at least check out the demo.

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

Late but if your still looking for just good games to try out. check out Limbo. No real story but the atmosphere is amazing. at least check out the demo.

debryson

Yes, Limbo was great, and it has a creepy atmosphere. I would stay away from DLC, to me it's a scam, and most of the time I feel like I didn't need it.

SergeantGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SergeantGuy
Member since 2013 • 54 Posts
You could get Hybrid from the arcade. It's a multiplayer shooter, but with different gameplay mechanics. I don't really know how to explain it, but it's an interesting concept and is fun. Haven't played it in months though, so I don't know how many people still play it (came out in june I think).
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

Really old I know, but you should add this to your library if you like creepy/scary games OP. I'm into the same types of games. (Origianl F.E.A.R game)

http://www.gamespot.com/f-e-a-r/platform/xbox360/

Edit: There are two additional F.E.A.R games if that one seems interesting to you, but most feel including myself the origianl is better than 2 and 3 unfortunately. Some youtube playthrough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q7g7CLdxDo KeitekeTokage

The first F.E.A.R. is a really good game, but it really sucks on the Xbox360. I would suggest that if you have a pc that can play it then get it for the pc, because it is like a totally different game.

As for the other two F.E.A.R. games they are much better on a console than on the pc.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

Help Me Choose a Game!?Maverick6575

The arcade games on Xbox Live that I have played in no particular order are...

I Am Alone, Deadlight, The Expendables 2, Crysis, Amy, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, Dead Rising 2: Case West, Hydrophobia, and the Alien Breed Episodes.