Halo MCC: Struggles returning to the glory days

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FadeToBlack90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FadeToBlack90
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

So like many people here, I was overjoyed with the thought of returning to Halo 2 mp with a face lift. I have extremely fond memories of Halo CE and Halo 2 LANs with my friends in high school. I played an un-healthy amount of Halo 2 online. I mean, in high school/early college, if it wasn't football/baseball season, that was every afternoon and evening. I would have considered myself a slightly above average casual player. The same goes for Reach/4. My K/Ds in those games were in the 1.5 range for team slayer and 1.7 for objective games. Not great, but definitely not terrible.

I am having a really, really....really hard time adjusting to H2 anniversary. I'm just under an even spread, which for a competitive guy that likes to do well and win, is a hard pill to swallow. With all of the issues the mp has had, i've only been able to play about 20ish matches or so, but I'm still having trouble breaking through. Just for an experiment, I jumped into H4 a few days ago, having not played in 5 or 6 months. I had a couple of serviceable games, then dominated 3 or 4 games in a row. It was like I never stopped.

Anybody else going through this? Is the AA/bullet magnetism that much more in reach/4? I did well in original H2 mp, which is why this is perplexing to me. Any suggestions besides just pushing through the suck to get back to that barrier?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

The game is very broken. Sorry to hear your troubles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Well, I still haven't messed around with MCC multi, might go ahead and jump into it tonight, actually. *crosses fingers*

It could be that, maybe you've just gotten used to the newer games and the changes they've made to them. I know those little differences between games can add up. Or maybe, there's just a lot of people trying to play H2 multi, so there's a lot of server problems with that game particularly, and lots of competition on that game particularly.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@SolidTy said:

the SP works fine

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SolidTy

@sukraj said:

@SolidTy said:

the SP works fine

No, it's glitchy. I lost a save and so did many others. Other MCC SP bugs too (linky). Some are fixed but others are not. Some people lucky, others are not. That's how bugs work, they are random (until isolated and fixed). The patches also fixed some bugs but added new SP and MP bugs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@SolidTy said:

@sukraj said:

@SolidTy said:

the SP works fine

No, it's glitchy. I lost a save and so did many others. Other SP bugs too (linky). Some are fixed but others are not. Some people lucky, others are not. That's how bugs work, they are random (until isolated and fixed). The patches also fixed some bugs but added new ones.

SolidTY speaks truth. The SP is not without its issues.

Anyway, I tried some multi... Couldn't find enough players for the team halo 2 anniversary and it froze after finding 8 other people. Couldn't find anyone for Halo CE or Halo 3 game type. Tried Team Slayer, and luckily that worked. Played two matches on Halo 3 maps, actually that is how I was hoping to start things off, lol. But so far have not played anything on CE, 2 or 4 multi, though I haven't given it my all to make that happen yet.

My first match went fine, but my second one, on Guardian, had a lot of lag early on. I think it was a player on the other team who left a few minutes into the match, after screwing up the start of things.

Gonna try to play some more. Maybe I'll report back and say what is working and not working for me so far.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SolidTy

@Ovirew said:

@SolidTy said:

@sukraj said:

@SolidTy said:

the SP works fine

No, it's glitchy. I lost a save and so did many others. Other MCC SP bugs too (linky). Some are fixed but others are not. Some people lucky, others are not. That's how bugs work, they are random (until isolated and fixed). The patches also fixed some bugs but added new SP and MP bugs.

SolidTY speaks truth. The SP is not without its issues.

Anyway, I tried some multi... Couldn't find enough players for the team halo 2 anniversary and it froze after finding 8 other people. Couldn't find anyone for Halo CE or Halo 3 game type. Tried Team Slayer, and luckily that worked. Played two matches on Halo 3 maps, actually that is how I was hoping to start things off, lol. But so far have not played anything on CE, 2 or 4 multi, though I haven't given it my all to make that happen yet.

My first match went fine, but my second one, on Guardian, had a lot of lag early on. I think it was a player on the other team who left a few minutes into the match, after screwing up the start of things.

Gonna try to play some more. Maybe I'll report back and say what is working and not working for me so far.

Yeah, I wonder why he thought the SP works fine? Maybe he got lucky with his copy?

One thing that sucks on MP is it takes awhile to get in a match, so when you get in and people are team killing or goofing, you sometimes don't want to leave since it took long to get in. The old Halo MP days I just left and went in new rooms.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

I got Halo CE and Halo 2 classic multi to work fine, I guess it is a matter of long matchmaking wait times. I am not about to try to get big team to work, and that is unfortunate.

I had a few good matches, and a few sad matches. I want to blame some of it on the fact that it's almost 6 AM and I haven't slept yet, and also me just being plain out-of-practice. But I know the fact of the matter is that even at my best, I'm not a good competitive FPS gamer. People who are, play pretty much only FPS games. And they are probably much more extroverted than me, lol.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Halo MCC is unfortunately busted as far as the on-line play. So it is disappointing that Halo series which has some of the best On-line MP. Stumbled with on-line in 2014. This game had a horrid launch.

But hopefully mostly everything is fixed. The single player story of the series seems fine. Just 343 Industries cannot do on-line well.