blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I've never played the Halo games properly for one reason or another, tried the Halo 'HD' version of the first game on 360 and it was ugly as sin, no way was it HD.

What I'm wondering is are they going to retexture the earlier games for this collection or are they just going to up the resolution with low res textures which will look awful? Googling this doesn't help all I can find is the games will be 1080p at 60fps which doesn't really tell me anything.

Has anyone seen more concrete info on this? I'm going to buy it anyway, just wondering whether to get my hopes up or not for proper full HD with hi res textures when it comes out.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

They are bringing all four games on the xbox one at 1080p/60fps, however only Halo 1 and 2 will have the graphics redone seeing that halo 3 and halo 4 still look pretty damn good! But to confirm what you said, the Halo anniversary edition on the 360 released a few years ago was definitely in HD dude! and hell it looked real nice so I got no idea what you're crapping on about.

here are some comparisons for you, the first image is from Halo 1 anniversary which will be included and the second is from Halo 2 anniversary

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By blueinheaven

Thanks for the pics Mesomorphin where are you getting your info on exactly what they are doing to each game for the remaster? Re: HCE HD it looked awful to me on 360 background textures were very low resolution I wonder if they upped the resolution of the character models and slapped 'HD' on it.

Not that it matters if they are genuinely retexturing 1 and 2 for the remaster. I can't comment on the others as I never played them anyway thanks for the info.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

Thanks for the pics Mesomorphin where are you getting your info on exactly what they are doing to each game for the remaster? Re: HCE HD it looked awful to me on 360 background textures were very low resolution I wonder if they upped the resolution of the character models and slapped 'HD' on it.

Not that it matters if they are genuinely retexturing 1 and 2 for the remaster. I can't comment on the others as I never played them anyway thanks for the info.

Well you have to understand that these aren't remakes, so the original engine of Halo 1 and 2 is running behind with all the core mechanics and level design, with a blanket over it that shows off nicer graphics of whats already there. When you played HALO CE anniversary, you went into it expecting to see a modern game, when its not, its the original game with everything in-tacked but with slightly upgraded graphics.

Where am I getting this information? well I've watched interviews, read articles on various websites including this one and hell I watched e3, which they went over a little bit of information. Gamespot has a great interview with 343 all about it, and you can check it out right HERE!

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Mercuria1_King
Member since 2014 • 278 Posts

Don't worry OP, the graphics for the first two will be improved on and for Halo 2 they're adding some more maps to the multiplayer mode.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blueinheaven

I've seen all the E3 stuff but missed that interview somehow. Very interesting, thanks.