Halo 4 - GOTY - Buy or not to buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

Hey guys / gals. I really wanted to pick up Halo 4 at launch but I was tied up in work and a few other games. Now that the GOTY edition is coming out with the DLC's and what not I'm really considering picking it up. 

Wanted to know a few things. I loved the Halo 3 campaign, is the 4th one just as good? With the 49.99 price tag is the game worth it? Cheap and bene out for a bit but I'm guessing the online community is still large?

Any kind of tips or heads ups would be great. 

boredom_kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 boredom_kills
Member since 2010 • 190 Posts

The campaign was cool - but seemed to me to be geared more toward co-op (others may disagree). That's not to say it was bad - it really wasn't - but I had more fun with it when a load of us played than I did when I went back to try it out alone later. Spartan Ops - the weekly download chapters - were hit and miss. When they were good, they were AWESOME but the quality of them was a bit inconsistent. They make the whole proposition more attractive though - there's a metric f$%kton of content there.

And then there's the online MP... which swallowed my life for about 3 months. I personally loved it - although haters are gonna hate.

If I were you, I'd pick it up.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#3 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

In my opinion,a must buy.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts
I liked the Halo 4 campaign maybe a more then Halo 3... and overall i think its gameplay may be a bit faster and fun. If you still like Halo somewhat, you pretty much should try Halo 4... me personally i'm kinda halo'd out and probably won't play a halo game again since I will never own another microsoft console again. halo had a good run and i'll leave it at Halo 4.
Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts
If you were a Halo fan in the past, pick it up, it's that easy.
jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

Love the online part of Halo 4.  I finished the solo game but didn't like it as much as other solo's.  Maybe because it was more about blasting and less about plot.  If you like that mix then Halo 4 is a must have.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
No buy.
xr791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 xr791
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

In my opinion, don't buy it. I saw the GameSpot and GameRankings scores and watched YouTube walkthroughs of the Halo 4 campaign... and it looked exactly like Halo 3 and Halo: Reach... and a lot of the levels were dark and bland looking. The Halo series has been going downhill after the original Halo.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

I give Halo 4 an 8 out of 10. It hasn't shown much evolution since Halo 3 seven years back but it's still a strong entry in the series. Get it on discount.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Get it if u can find a cheap copy.