Halo 3 - Overhyped?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

partyman879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 partyman879
Member since 2006 • 687 Posts

personally i think this game is greatly overhyped... the first one was amazing. The second one was ehhhhh with a repitive online play... i cant even finish one match anymore with out getting bored... but basicly what i'm trying to say is dont get your hopes up to high for this game because i have a feeling it's not going to be as good as you all think..

btw i'm in no way a halo hater one ofmy favorite game series of all time..

LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
From all of the previews I have read, this will be great and deserves the hype. What Bungie is adding to the online play and campaign looks like it will pay off in a great way.
DaElderScrolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 DaElderScrolls
Member since 2006 • 182 Posts

yes halo are problay the most over hyped games of all time halo games are worth a 8/10

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
All of the Halos were overhyped, and for good reason.
Mikerules868

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mikerules868
Member since 2004 • 2153 Posts

no halo 3 will definately live up to its hype level.

but now that i think of it... a halo branded soda is pushing it pretty far.

but with forge, there will be limitless amount of things you can do in multiplayer.

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Yes it is.

Wooh 100th(or something)Halo 3 overhyped thread that I have posted on. And up until it's release I think I will hit 200 soon.

Holden14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Holden14
Member since 2005 • 4286 Posts
It's funny, the more the topics are created, the more and more hype is created. Every time a topic is created, this is simply showing that Halo 3 was running through your mind...
Avatar image for TacticalElefant
TacticalElefant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 TacticalElefant
Member since 2007 • 900 Posts
Of course it's overhyped, and the other two are way overrated.
Z-Bombz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Z-Bombz
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
well first of all yes halo three is over hyped but why wouldnt it be? But halo CE isnt overrated at all it is probably the best console shooter of all time now halo 2 yes but not CE
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
yes this game is more hyped up then the 360 launch, thats not lie, and i dont think anything no matter how ground breaking will ever live up to the hype, especially looking for a game that they can play for years to come, yes the online will be fun, but unless there is some kinda unbelievable never before thought up ending everyone will be dissapointed, lets say the chief dies in the end of it, there will be people complaining that its been done before and such. its a great game series, the game itself is not that great but the franchise itself is the heart of the 360, without halo the 360 wouldnt have success like its had, halo 3 launch will be a massive event no doubt, but the reaction the days following the release day we could see one of two things or maybe a third option, option one, the game gets released and people are very satisfied and say that its a fitting ending for an amazing game series, and of course with that option there will still be the wanna be game critics trying to point out all of the flaws in the game, option 2 the game will not live up to the massive hype, there will be a massive uproar saying that the game could have had this and it could have had that and so on and so forth, but the majority of halo fans will still play online with it because well....its halo lol, and option three is a mystery ending, i just through it in so that there was no room for error
Mage5891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#12 Mage5891
Member since 2004 • 50 Posts
Yes, this game is sooooo overhyped. I mean seriously, Halo 3 soda? You gotta be kidding me. Of course, Halo 1 and 2 were overhyped and overrated, so it is really no surprise.
OkuLaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OkuLaris
Member since 2003 • 803 Posts

There have been many more games in the past that have been overhyped and didn't deserve that praise.

I am far from being even remotely a Halo fanboy, but even I can can clearly see this a must have for the 360 online or offline don't matter.

Nills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 Nills
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

From all of the previews I have read, this will be great and deserves the hype. What Bungie is adding to the online play and campaign looks like it will pay off in a great way.LTomlinson21

I completely agree with that statement.