Hacking Xbox Live account possible?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TLOM (66 posts) -
yo, I was playing Halo 3 the other day, and our team was losing. The guy flipped out and said he was going to hack our accounts. I just taunted him and told him to go for it. He quit the game and said he got my ip. Is it even possible to "hack" an Xbox Live account by just playing with the person? o.O I honestly think he's just being stupid, but it does have me wonderin hehe.
#2 Posted by letsgetit3 (75 posts) -

yo, I was playing Halo 3 the other day, and our team was losing. The guy flipped out and said he was going to hack our accounts. I just taunted him and told him to go for it. He quit the game and said he got my ip. Is it even possible to "hack" an Xbox Live account by just playing with the person? o.O I honestly think he's just being stupid, but it does have me wonderin hehe.TLOM
]

He'd have to be a really smart hacker to do it, it is possible to do it but it was probably just some stupid kid that heard someone say it before and is just word-vomiting whatever he hears to try to scare people

I wouldn't worry about it though, especially if your account is credit-card funded so if he touches it and manipulates your credit card information...it wouldnt be hard to track him down

#3 Posted by 8732_YoungJeezy (1656 posts) -
not possible unless he has your credit card number and a bunch of other info
#4 Posted by olpfan (836 posts) -

i dont think it would be possible. im not sure exactly how microsoft has the xbox live accounts setup, but who would honestly go through the effort to figure it out and actually hack your account and probably extremely risking getting banned forever by microsoft or something like that.

unless hes just sitting at he xbox 360 and trying different passwords for your account.

#5 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -

Having your IP address means nothing, since it has no direct link to your gamertag. With my old modem it obtained a new IP every time it connected, and with my current one it keeps the same one until I request a new one. It's easy to find out someone's IP and several forum users have a tool in their sig which shows your IP.

This kid was probably just a bad loser with a big mouth and nothing to worry about

#6 Posted by raylewisnfl52 (7146 posts) -
actually yes he can. I know a guy that does it, he has a program that tells you the address of where the IP is coming from and name and stuff like that, internet provider, and then they can all microsoft and say they dont remember some information but they have enough to get it and they steal you account that way.
#7 Posted by oneofthefall (494 posts) -

where theres a will theres a way...

#8 Posted by russian4life (436 posts) -
Yes it is possible, if you are very good with comuters it is possible to hack everything and anything.
#9 Posted by stabbystabstab (1019 posts) -

Yes it is possible, if you are very good with comuters it is possible to hack everything and anything.russian4life

You can't hack my computer offline.

#10 Posted by gonzales1 (2591 posts) -

The term "hack" really does get thrown around a lot nowadays, huh?

Just ignore it OP or I'll hack you!

#11 Posted by TFairbanks2983 (144 posts) -

is just word-vomiting whatever he hears to try to scare people

letsgetit3

Thats priceless :-)

#12 Posted by letsgetit3 (75 posts) -
[QUOTE="letsgetit3"]

is just word-vomiting whatever he hears to try to scare people

TFairbanks2983

Thats priceless :-)

Thanks =)

alot of XBL players really do love saying the dumbest things ever though... "ill hack you. Ill go to ur window, jump in, grab your xbox 360 and beat you to death with it. etc. etc."

#13 Posted by Lord_Drax (144 posts) -

I'm sorry but it is quite possible... This is not hacking per say but it serve the same deed. It's called Denial of service (DoS) and it consist of using the user IP to send lots of info and fool the servers into believing that YOUR IP is spaming everyone. Your Provider will then block your account for 1 week or so.

Another way it can work is the other way around, Saturate your IP with packets sent until your IP/Computer reset or gets unsufficient resosurce to act (or very slowly).

Since you won't be able to use the Internet, you will then believe that you've been hacked. It will come back but you be classified as a "spamer".

It's an old technique that always work. No way to trace the guy who did it since this technique uses "dedicated" servers all around the world. Simple, efficient.

#14 Posted by iam2green (13991 posts) -
no can't do that.
#15 Posted by II-FBIsniper-II (18067 posts) -
I know a guy that takes peoples accounts, but it's not exactly hacking.
#16 Posted by sixgears2 (1261 posts) -

yo, I was playing Halo 3 the other day, and our team was losing. The guy flipped out and said he was going to hack our accounts. I just taunted him and told him to go for it. He quit the game and said he got my ip. Is it even possible to "hack" an Xbox Live account by just playing with the person? o.O I honestly think he's just being stupid, but it does have me wonderin hehe.TLOM

It is possible, but not without a TON of work. And even if he hacked your account, do you really think he is going to fly/drive/walk from wherever he lives to where you live because of a video game? People that get that angry about games are generally losers who have nothing more important in their lives to be frustrated about, so I wouldn't worry about it. I have heard stories of people reporting stuff like that to the police (who CAN and DO get into Xbox Live accounts when necessary) and the threatening person being arrested. After all, it's really no different than me standing face to face with you and saying I am going to find and hurt you. So if you are worried, call the cops. Now THAT would teach your friend not to be such a D bag on LIVE lmao.

#17 Posted by CBR600-RR (9690 posts) -
I had an friend on XBL who got someones IP address and went to their house to beat them up. :lol:
#18 Posted by Young_Treezzzy (1 posts) -
dude, an 11-year old from my area keeps hacking into my private xbox chat parties, if you know how to hack profiles, lemme know, peace
#19 Posted by II-FBIsniper-II (18067 posts) -
dude, an 11-year old from my area keeps hacking into my private xbox chat parties, if you know how to hack profiles, lemme know, peaceYoung_Treezzzy
Lol, he's not hacking into him. By default they are set to open.
#20 Posted by MickaelJulliard (905 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Treezzzy"]dude, an 11-year old from my area keeps hacking into my private xbox chat parties, if you know how to hack profiles, lemme know, peaceII-FBIsniper-II
Lol, he's not hacking into him. By default they are set to open.

Lol, Fail...

#22 Posted by penpusher (3573 posts) -
it can be done yes, but contrary to popular beleif its not easy, hes most likely bluffing but if youre worried change some of your details just to give them a harder time of it, like your email, your credit.debit card if you can, password etc etc, changing your password regularly is actually recommended with any internet based account,
#23 Posted by Wyle1111 (1 posts) -

My friend on XBL Gamertag Ladeck24 is gonna hack to my acount could someone PLEASE HELP ME HOW TO HACK HIS ACOUNT PLEASE AnyBody knows tell me and his Msn acount and passwords

#24 Posted by Flamingpostman (1172 posts) -

yeah he can easily hack your account if you want to be safe change your ip but he was probablly just messing with you to scare you

#25 Posted by bigM10231 (11240 posts) -

it is but theres no point to it. if they hack their own console to have more enjoyment in games thats fine but hacking someone is pointless

#26 Posted by hatchetwarri0r7 (1 posts) -
umyes he can hack you if he has the newest **** but i dout it cuz every game i go into my computer tells me their ip and everything what kind of systemtheir using if they have any modded software on their systems
#27 Posted by soapman72 (2714 posts) -

One time this kid froze my xbox for 10 mins and I know it was him when a pop up came on my screen saying HA Ha I froze your xbox

#28 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27849 posts) -
Please don't bump old threads.