GTA V Crash/Freezing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BIGtex42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BIGtex42
Member since 2013 • 60 Posts

Wondering if anyone else is having issues with this or possible fixes?  My Xbox is older but runs everything else fine, this is the 3rd rockstar game i have had this issue with the other two being red dead and max payne 3.  its super frustrating especially considering the xone wont even be able to play it either when i get that in a couple months.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

did you happen to install both discs to the hard drive?

BIGtex42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BIGtex42

did you happen to install both discs to the hard drive?

driftingsilvia

Just cleared the cache and am in the process of installing the play disc, the only reason i shied away from that originally is rockstar advised not to install.  I'm not too hopeful, i bought max payne 3 digitally and had the same issue

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

That's what I was getting to. Only install the install disc and just play the other one from the disc.

BIGtex42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BIGtex42

That's what I was getting to. Only install the install disc and just play the other one from the disc.

driftingsilvia

Thats what i was doing initially and the freezing was occuring.  Its still freezing after the install and cache clear as well.  looks like its going back to the store tomorrow

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Haven't experienced any problems.

DryBomber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 DryBomber5
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts

I'm experiencing the same problem. Are you using a monitor by any chance or just a regular HDTV? I'm using a 25" ASUS monitor, that's why I'm wondering, maybe it has something to do with that?

Also, I hear that installing the play disc onto a USB drive helps with pop ins, load times, less noisy disc, etc but as you said, I'm thinking the issue is with our system.

BIGtex42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BIGtex42

I'm experiencing the same problem. Are you using a monitor by any chance or just a regular HDTV? I'm using a 25" ASUS monitor, that's why I'm wondering, maybe it has something to do with that?

Also, I hear that installing the play disc onto a USB drive helps with pop ins, load times, less noisy disc, etc but as you said, I'm thinking the issue is with our system.

DryBomber5

Just a 55" samsung LED 1080p tv.  I think its just the age of the console since the software is already stretching the 360 further than it probably has any business going.  My 360 is from 2006.  Just more aggravating that the next xbox isnt backwards compatible, so im going to miss out on this awesome game altogether it looks like until its available for digital download at which point the online community will likely be dead compared to what it will be in a couple weeks.

BIGtex42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BIGtex42

http://kotaku.com/users-of-older-xbox-360s-say-grand-theft-auto-v-crashes-1366187910

this is definitely a problem that hopefully rockstar addresses

BIGtex42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BIGtex42

I have an old 360 (Halo 3 edition) and have yet to experience any system lock-up or crashing. I have the Install disk on my hard drive and the Play disk installed on a 16 gig 360 compliant usb drive.getyeryayasout

i think its just a spotty issue, i dont think its all old 360's.  plus i dont have a usb, i spent over $100 for the 250 gb hard drive and the $50 it would cost for the usb on top of the $60 for the game is better spent towards my x1 pre order anyways. thanks though

BIGtex42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BIGtex42

http://gtaforums.com/topic/594765-xbox-360-game-keeps-freezing-on-franklins-1st-mission/

this already has 40,000 views and almost 600 posts on the same issue

MikeLirette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 MikeLirette
Member since 2005 • 4697 Posts
I'm having an issue with the game as well. I was about 16 hours in and a friend of mine picked up my xbox and turned it upside down. It scratched the disc so it was unplayable. Went to the game store and replaced the game, then it won't load past the loading screen anymore. I even went and replaced the game a 3rd time, deleted all my data, and the game data, did everything possible, brand new game etc etc, and it STILL won't load past the disclaimer that comes up after the rockstar logos. I don't know what to do! I can't play the game anymore :(
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

I'm running GTA V on an older 360 (white one). I haven't had any problems with GTA V or any other titles.

jxsilicon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jxsilicon9
Member since 2003 • 171 Posts

Mines kept freezing until I installed both discs.Now I don't have any issues.I have the white xbox also but I have the game installed on my extenral usb HDDs and the saves on my xbox HDD.

BIGtex42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BIGtex42

Just seems like they dropped the ball in a big way here, there's a ton of people with this issue.  Looks like I'm sitting the rest of this gen out for sure now as R* has offered no legitimate solution

BlueCash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BlueCash
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I have a slim but I don't want to take any chances. I will either buy for X1 if available or ps3 even though I didnt really care for gtaiv.

tracieisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tracieisz
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
That's what I was getting to.