GTA 4 , disc unreadable

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pakcikkantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 pakcikkantin
Member since 2005 • 64 Posts
Just bougt GTA4 , and just passed level 3 mission. Suddenly disc unreadable.. Does anyone exp. this problem
sn4k3_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 sn4k3_64
Member since 2007 • 1134 Posts

No mate I havent...Dont wanna sound patronising but you didnt drop it or end up scratching it somehow? Also it could be your xbox having a problem reading the disc, try it with other games and if they freeze aswell, i'd send it back. Check for scratches first though.

Good luck,

*|Sean|*

SimRaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SimRaider
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I don't have GTA 4, so I can't say I've had the problem. But I'd say to check for scratches/marks on the disk, if there is, clean the disk gently with your top or something smooth. If it has lots of scratches on the disk, then I'd suggest taking it back. If it has no scratches, check any other games, and if you have the same problem, then its most likely your Xbox. Hope this helps!
sn4k3_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 sn4k3_64
Member since 2007 • 1134 Posts
Sim, isnt that what i pretty much said? o.0
RandolphScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 RandolphScott
Member since 2008 • 635 Posts
If thats the only game doing it, try installing it to the HDD, and play it off there.
djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
@randolphScott u can't install if its damaged, trust me. also, check if there is a scratch that goes around the disc in a circle. those are the dangerous scratches. if thats the case, go to blockbuster, rent the game, install it and use your damaged one to have in the disc drive for the 360 to recognize, thats what i did with COD5
pakcikkantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pakcikkantin
Member since 2005 • 64 Posts

Try already clean the disc, and check on the net, others also have the same problem.

Is it okay to buy a new one ?. ANyway thanks for the replies

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
i dont think i had a problem with GTA IV
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

Disk read errors are quite common. Its strange as there doesn't seem to be a pattern that I can see. My friend has had disc read errors with games that I have never had issues with, and vice versa.

Does it do it everytime now?

Usually you can just restart and it works again. Mine always has.

2SmokinBarells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 2SmokinBarells
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts

Disk read errors are quite common. Its strange as there doesn't seem to be a pattern that I can see. My friend has had disc read errors with games that I have never had issues with, and vice versa.

angryfodder
I get disk read errors with CoD:WaW, brand new game, not a single scratch on it. It seems to me that these errors with unscratched disks started around the time NXE came out.
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts
[QUOTE="angryfodder"]

2SmokinBarells

I get disk read errors with CoD:WaW, brand new game, not a single scratch on it. It seems to me that these errors with unscratched disks started around the time NXE came out.

I don't know? From personal experience NXE does not seem to have increased or decreased the about of disk read errors for me personally - but then they do not happen very often for me anyway.

RandolphScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#12 RandolphScott
Member since 2008 • 635 Posts
I get disk read errors with CoD:WaW, brand new game, not a single scratch on it. It seems to me that these errors with unscratched disks started around the time NXE came out.2SmokinBarells
Or your DVD drive is starting to fail.
2SmokinBarells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 2SmokinBarells
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts
[QUOTE="2SmokinBarells"]I get disk read errors with CoD:WaW, brand new game, not a single scratch on it. It seems to me that these errors with unscratched disks started around the time NXE came out.RandolphScott
Or your DVD drive is starting to fail.

That's what I though at first, but it only kept on happening when I was playing CoD:WaW, plus I had the unable to read disk error while I was playing XLA game off my HD while the CoD game was in the console.